AR 10 out, now what?

The M1A is as classic as the cherry bomb in the toilet. Not sure if it covered by the edict.

I thinking it isn't.

Not a copy of a named rifle.
No killy options.
All it has is a box mag.

God I hope not.

Anyone want to start a group buy on Accuracy International AWM L115A3's in .338? My dream rifle...

1280px-L115A3_sniper_rifle.jpg

You have a couple of options which are all still legal... There are tons of pre-1994 M1A's out there - either Springfield Armory or Norinco. Ditto with pre-1994 FAL's. If you want to get crazy, look for an Argentine FN49 in 7.62x51. Those are actually pretty cool...

You have a couple of options which are all still legal... There are tons of pre-1994 M1A's out there - either Springfield Armory or Norinco. Ditto with pre-1994 FAL's. If you want to get crazy, look for an Argentine FN49 in 7.62x51. Those are actually pretty cool...

have you seen the prices for the guns you are talking about? and good luck having a dealer transfer it to you.

at this point we might as well start buying black powder rifles.

I thinking it isn't.

Not a copy of a named rifle.
No killy options.
All it has is a box mag.

God I hope not.

Mine has a super-duper extra killy FH that allows me to get head shots from eight miles out using iron sights all day long while blindfolded and facing the wrong direction. In fact because the FH makes it so powerful is the reason I haven't taken it to the range in awhile because I was told at the LGS I have to fire it precisely in the correct direction and specific moment in time or risk altering the planets rotation thereby causing climate change.

If it's to warm out I accept the blame, sorry, my bad.

I have actually and if you look hard enough on the fal files, www.ar15.com, etc..., they're out there at relatively decent $$$. Since the edict pertains to anything post fed awb (as I understand it), if you can't find an FFL in MA to transfer it for you, send it to either NH or RI.

if you can't find an FFL in MA to transfer it for you, send it to either NH or RI.

Yah, but federal law says I have to have it sent from the out of state ffl to a ffl in my home state. Who wont accept it right? Else I am breaking the law and could go to prison thingy.

Negative. Long guns can be transferred/received via an out of state FFL. Handguns must be done through an in state FFL.

Yah, but federal law says I have to have it sent from the out of state ffl to a ffl in my home state. Who wont accept it right? Else I am breaking the law and could go to prison thingy.

no. But you are supposed to register it when you bring it here. You wouldn't want to do that for sure, but then you're in possession of an unregistered black rifle. If you're ok with that, you're good to go!

have you seen the prices for the guns you are talking about? and good luck having a dealer transfer it to you.

at this point we might as well start buying black powder rifles.

At this point you might as well buy/build whatever the hell you feel like.

Last edited by a moderator:
What did he say? If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. If you like your rifle, you can keep your rifle.

Went into a gun store here in Florida and they had stiletto knives, brass knuckles, flash suppressors, bayonet lugs, adjustable stocks, silencers, Barrett's, etc, I almost passed out.[banana]

Last edited:
Really wanted to build one of these and now that the douc** bag has made that not possible without uprooting my family. So, what are some new options? Next best rifle in 308 that won't get me arrested.
Thanks

Instead of making knee jerk decisions based off some stupid edict.... take that money and use it to buy ammo, or save it for later. People just need to stop and calm the **** down instead of acting defeated. It's too early for the whaamber-lamps shit.

-Mike

Instead of making knee jerk decisions based off some stupid edict.... take that money and use it to buy ammo, or save it for later. People just need to stop and calm the **** down instead of acting defeated. It's too early for the whaamber-lamps shit.

-Mike
+1. I have a lot of thoughts on the OP issue but I don't want to voice them on an open forum.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

What did he say? If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. If you like your rifle, you can keep your rifle.

Went into a gun store here in Florida and they had stiletto knives, brass knuckles, flash suppressors, bayonet lugs, adjustable stocks, silencers, Barrett's, etc, I almost passed out.[banana]

That was probably from the heat.

Cant find it now but saw a note from them with a list they got guidance from AGO on...M1A was OK.

M1A is not OK. M1 is OK. Are you really going to believe what the AG states is OK? it's the same office that claims nothing is OK. might as well ask the North Koreans.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought Four Seasons was still selling them???

four seasons sells nothing. four seasons sells everything.

---------

nothing good will come from posting who sells what. there's a PM system in place for such conversations. use it.

I thought Four Seasons was still selling them???

They are selling them. I was there today.. They have more coming in.... nice rifle.. but at that price point, there are lots of options if you are not wed to a semi-auto. I am leaning towards a Ruger Precision or Savage 308 bolt gun

four seasons sells nothing. four seasons sells everything.
---------
nothing good will come from posting who sells what. there's a PM system in place for such conversations. use it.

If you can't talk about who's selling what, you shouldn't be buying whatever they're selling.

Big brother knows what you bought before you get the key in the ignition of your car to leave the store.

They're either gonna send the party van, or they aren't. I don't think what we say here is gonna make a difference.

If you can't talk about who's selling what, you shouldn't be buying whatever they're selling.

Big brother knows what you bought before you get the key in the ignition of your car to leave the store.

They're either gonna send the party van, or they aren't. I don't think what we say here is gonna make a difference.

I agree 100%!

Back
Top Bottom