Are people F#&king nuts ?

Does the LEOSA ID establish, or just prove, the legal right of the LEO to carry? If a retired LEO eligible for LEOSA could not get a card from his former employer, and was prosecuted in a place like NJ, would "meets LEOSA requirements" be a legit defense or would that be in the same category as "would have been able to get an LTC"?
The Fed Law states that one must possess a "LEOSA qualified" ID and specifies what info is required to be on said ID. Additionally, it requires an annual qualification to the standards of the state you live in or the state where you retired. And NJ does not recognize LEOSA and has prosecuted visiting LEOs.

Just got an email from gun broker,9mm 1k rds bidding is at $660 with a day to go

We should start a max 9mm Cost Pool...
Generic 115gn practice ammo like WWB or Rem UMC, per 1000-rd case.
Closest without going over.
Pool ends November 26, 2020.

I've got $621 per case, or 62 cents a round...
[smile]

Those buckets of spent casings I have sitting in boxes look better. I just have to sort them out and figure out an asking price.

I shoot mainly at HSC and Mass Rifle. My HSC pickups are dirty, from an outdoor range. They go into bucket and languish in the garage. The MRA indoor pickups get reloaded. Much easier to clean. But with what's going to happen to the price of brass, I might be motivated to dig out those sandy buckets.

200 rounds of some obscure, never heard of 9mm for $189 at "cheaper than dirt". Rofl. I remember getting .308 FGMM 175 gr for not much more than that. It's ridiculous.

Just make ammo a part of your monthly budget - no matter how much or how little you can afford to buy. Also try to stick with one pistol, rifle, or shotgun caliber (or size if sgun) so you can just focus on buying one thing - its hard to stock up if you have 40, 38, 380, 22, 45, etc...instead of just 9mm or just 38. If you do this for long enough, you will amass quite a collection. Starting now might be tough, but when this eventually clears up and prices come back down to earth - its a good path to follow. Ask me how I know.

Nice thing about a few calibers is you can shoot what's available, a few of us were talking about 6.5 creedmoor on the other thread for instance, sticking around at only slight price increases.

Just buy a .270 or 25-06. You will have all the "regular price" ammunition you need filling the shelves at your local Walmart.

Was at basspro last night, couple people buying what was clearly their first gun...what are all the noobs gonna do w those guns & no ammo?

Buy ammo at the going prices and drive the prices even higher.

If a person has never bought ammo before, the past prices are irrelevant to them because $.80 a round for 9mm is what it is.

When I was buying M193 at Rileys for $150 per K, I'm sure there were people that thought that price was outrageous.

Yes ammo prices are high, but if you need it you buy it. New gun owners and some of us that are preparing for the worst at election time are paying the premium.

Did you do your duty as a gun owner and tell them to go to their local gun store and save $200-400?
Except that even the LGS's are out of everything "common". I just got a better paying job (after Covid already hit) and started to try to build up a stockpile again. Of course, when I can finally afford it, it's the worst of times!

I’m so glad I stocked up well before things went FR. I wonder if I should post an ad on GB for 1000 rounds of M855 greens at stupid money just to see if I can get it.... but then I would have become what I despise. Oh the moral conundrum of stealing a noob’s or panicking buyer’s money. Tempting for sure.

I’m so glad I stocked up well before things went FR. I wonder if I should post an ad on GB for 1000 rounds of M855 greens at stupid money just to see if I can get it.... but then I would have become what I despise. Oh the moral conundrum of stealing a noob’s or panicking buyer’s money. Tempting for sure.

If I had a few thousand more I might try to dump 1000 for close to a buck a round, either just pick more back up at vaseline butt rape prices (versus dry butt rape) and make a quick $400 or invest the $$ into other hardware.

is it stealing if they hand it over willingly?

No it is not; I just "feel bad" lol. What do they say about a fool and his money? I understand supply and demand but I also have a soft spot for "gun guys" and those exercising 2A responsibly; I try not to gouge and be fair when I sell things. Emphasis on try. I remember being a noob too and I had a few on this forum help me and a few rip me. Either you learn or get beaten into submission NES style.

This always comes up as an answer to ammo shortages, but have you looked at the prices and availability of components lately? You can't reload if you can't get powder and primers.

You must not reload. Because powder and primers are so inexpensive relative to assembled ammunition, most reloaders keep years worth of components on hand. Look at it this way.
In a normal world at normal prices 20,000 primers is $600.

An 8 lb jug of AA5 is about $170. 8 lb of AA5 will reload about 13,000 9mm rounds.

So. Trust me. All of the reloaders reading this thread are chuckling to themselves at your statement.

The only issue most people face are MA's storage laws. In my case, its not an issue because I have property out of state and only bring components into MA as I need them.

Don

I used to buy 9x19 by the case because the premium over reloading at the price I could get it for was only about a $1.50 on a box of 50. The equation has changed, and so are my reloading practices.

Last edited:
I agree 100%. When I started reloading about 25 years ago, 9mm was in the $10/box range.

At that price, in 1995 dollars, reloading was a no-brainer.

Then CCI Blazer came along. The aluminum cased ammo was american made and absolutely totally reliable in the Glocks that I used in the early days of IDPA.

Since many matches were lost brass matches, I started shooting Blazer. I could get it for about $5.50/box in bulk.

Not worth reloading. I changed my Dillon 650 over to .45 ACP and left it that way for like 5 years. Then about 10 years ago things started to creep up and I started reloading 9mm again.

Rob, I dropped that licensing piano off my back many years ago. I care not a whit about MA licensing anymore, I live in a free state with absolutely no restrictions and will never set foot in Massachusetts again.....not even for a visit.
Secondly, An expired license can be easily looked up if there was ever any question of a license having been issued previously.......simple. Again, I have no intent of ever returning to MA for any reason so that issue will never arise.

The business issued LTC didn't and doesn't apply to the individual refrenced above nor any other individual non business related issuance. As an individual, When you leave the state of MA and establish your permanent residence in another state, you can and will no longer be issued a resident LTC. If you don't believe me, ask a friend who lives out of state to try and get one.

If the "phone a friend" option is not enough then we still have "ask the audience" and "50-50".

I recently sold a large quantity of rifle ammunition (from a well-known older company) to an NES member. I advertised it at what I thought was a low price price but he cried poor-mouth and I reduced it a little in view of his circumstances. I was not looking to gouge anyone so I think he got a good bargain.

I see that said member is now advertising ammo from the same manufacturer (twice as many rounds) at a per-round price which is 150% of what I originally asked for mine.

Buy low and sell high I guess. But I think that if this person were to respond to any future offers I make and ask for a lower price, I might be tempted to respond with a 25% increase in the price.

Back
Top Bottom