Are your skills good enough to protect your family?

See, this situation in my opinion calls for a baseball bat followed by repeated kicks to the balls. But that's just my opinion, I may be wrong.

Pretty good post from the new guy.

Since screams from my girl in the middle of the night put me in full fight mode, I will be armed when I enter the room.

At that point, yes, I do have the skill to put one right between his eyes. Easy.

Jose, I know you have military training and respect your experience and expertise but I think you may have a little more trouble than you think when your child is in the line of fire. I pray for all of us that we never experience this situation.

If you're a gun owner, and you don't practice this type of precision shooting while under stress, you have no right entering the room with your gun in the first place.

Seriously, this is something everyone who owns a gun for protection should be practicing on a regular basis. Like Jim said, you should have a plan with your children, letting them know exactly what is expected from them.

If you own a gun for protection you are almost obligated to practice but again, practicing under stress conditions is almost impossible.

I don't have to worry about kids here. But, after an incident about a year and a half ago when I fell asleep on my couch with my P99 on my stomach, and a commercial on TV perfectly duplicated the sound of my intrusion alarm at 2 AM in the morning, I have no doubts in my instinctive ability to react without having to stop to think things through. I even woke with the pistol in the ready position, and the first though in my head was "you've got a live one in the chamber, be careful".

PS -- there's no holes in the walls here.

"Gulp" how did you fall asleep with your 99 on your stomach?

I don't know .... I will probably be so shook up that I'll miss the first several shots. One in each knee , one in the groin , one in each elbow...

If the monster had a gun then a headshot , yes. If he's facing straight on then you aim for his front teeth rather than his eyes or forehead. ... So I'm told.

Back
Top Bottom