Average Ammo Count per Range Trip?

I have my LTC-A with restrictions unless hunting & sporting. Police Chief said he would like to see a range log when he issued my LTC a few years ago before he would consider removing restrictions. Believe he said at least once a week or no less than once a month for the log range visits? Considering the price of ammo, I was wondering how much ammo do some of the recreational shooters here bring on an average range trip? For my indoor 9mm pistol shooting I usually bring 100 rounds each trip. Just seems like the ammo can add-up very costly for a frequent weekly range trip.

Really? Does the log need to be witnessed and notarized and compared to the log book at your club? Geez

Maybe video and gps evidence too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this what he looks like ?

stalin.jpg

Wow.

Just.

I can't even.

Wow.

Exactly. Appalled by your chief's 'requirement' [sad2]

In any case, the only times I've gone to the range and shot as little as 100 rounds, I was just shooting trap or skeet. If you need a range log, I'm sure we can whip one up for you. How much would you like to have shot?

wtf?! How much of an overreach are people going to accept?

Tell him to go **** himself and issue an unrestricted license as he lawfully should.

Town is Foxboro. I can always makeup the log. That's not the issue. Really, I was questioning how often the average police officer makes range trips? Also, seen a guy the other day shoot like 20 rounds and leave. Seems like a total waste of time but maybe he looked like he might be tight on money. Just trying to figure out what the chief was really thinking.

depends on what i'm doing. never ever less than 200. 300-500 for an average sunday practice / fun time. 600 on the high end.

that is one of the most BS requirements ive ever heard.....

You should ask him how often his officers requalify and how many rounds they use to do so......

Definitely this. Because you know that if you put down TWO range trips in a year with a box each, you'll be exceeding what his officers do by 100%.

Town is Foxboro. I can always makeup the log. That's not the issue. Really, I was questioning how often the average police officer makes range trips? Also, seen a guy the other day shoot like 20 rounds and leave. Seems like a total waste of time but maybe he looked like he might be tight on money. Just trying to figure out what the chief was really thinking.
I usually go through somewhere between 200 and 700 rds per trip I would say. If it is warm out the rifle sees a lot of rounds.
As for your person who shot 20 and left, I have done that when testing a repair or when there was someone else shooting who didn't seem safe.

You should ask him how often his officers requalify and how many rounds they use to do so......

Or challenge the chief to out shoot the OP. My guess is the chief isn't exactly a sharp shooter if he ever was.

To actually answer your question.

As few as 100 rounds and upwards of 500 if I'm there with friends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PM sent. My friend and I both went through the same process there. Upon completion of shooting log for about a year we both got our unrestricted LTC's.

200rds of pistol and 200rds of rifle is pretty much a bare minimum for me to go to the range.

I second finding out how much your local cops shoot. I bet they pretty much don't. Go to your next meeting with that number and ask him about it and why you never see those officers at the range.

I have my LTC-A with restrictions unless hunting & sporting. Police Chief said he would like to see a range log when he issued my LTC a few years ago before he would consider removing restrictions. Believe he said at least once a week or no less than once a month for the log range visits? Considering the price of ammo, I was wondering how much ammo do some of the recreational shooters here bring on an average range trip? For my indoor 9mm pistol shooting I usually bring 100 rounds each trip. Just seems like the ammo can add-up very costly for a frequent weekly range trip.
Amazing. Mind-blowing. Insanity. But then you said Foxboro and it all made sense. [thinking]

For what it's worth, my typical weekly pistol range visit consumption is 100 rounds. Less than that and it's not worth the trip. More than that and I'd go broke. [laugh]

Usually bring a pistol and long gun with me. Shoot about 100 centre fire handgun rounds, then a variable amount of rounds from the long gun. Could be just a few 12ga, a few more 7.62x54, or up to a brick of .22. Range trips Normally go about 1-2 hours start to finish.

In sum, the foxboro chief is a trash monkey.

Back
Top Bottom