Average Ammo Count per Range Trip?

Out west here we are still part of America even though we are governed by criminals. There isn't any extra bs we have to do once we get our cwp. You know the laws before you get it but it's up to you how much you train with it. Why? because you are still allowed a gun even if you don't have the money to shoot alot. Common sense out here and damn few hoops to jump through to defend yourself.

Out west here we are still part of America even though we are governed by criminals. There isn't any extra bs we have to do once we get our cwp. You know the laws before you get it but it's up to you how much you train with it. Why? because you are still allowed a gun even if you don't have the money to shoot alot. Common sense out here and damn few hoops to jump through to defend yourself.

Oh, like way out west in California? Seattle is starting to get moontarded too.
My first FID card said " Valid for Life"

Don't Kid yourself. It can happen even in Oregun, in the blink of an eye, with the stroke of a politicians pen.

I keep my own log. I don't have time to keep count of how much ammo I have on hand, so i run an Excel spreadsheet that gets updated when I purchase ammo, and after a range trip I just deduct off each caliber. I always try to buy more than I shoot.

It really depends on what I am bringing to the range.

AR's with 30 round mags - I bring 15 loaded mags plus an ammo can

Semi auto hand guns I bring at least 300 rounds and usually chew through all or most.

Lever guns and revolvers somewhere in the 150 round area.

I rarely shoot more than a hundred rounds through a scoped rifle.

I don't think I have ever burned less than 100 rounds at the range

O'leary the chief still?

ETA: for all those screaming "SUE THE BASTARD", I have a question: are you going to pay the legal fees just to have the Chief win in court?

Right, didn't ****ing think so. Bunch keyboard law commandos around here [rolleyes]

After digging and finding that Foxboro's COP is Edward T. O'Leary, I can't help but think... is this the same Ed O'Leary that owns On Target Training in East Bridgewater and charges "Day after Sandy Hook" prices on everything and $50 FFL transfers?

Some interesting comments. Mostly positive. Agreed, some keyboard commandos with the "I'd move" or "sue" comments. I'm not crazy about a lot of the Mass laws, but it is what it is. Besides, I don't think that would go over too well with my wife.

Me: Hey, I think we should move.
Wife: Why? You got the Patriots playing in our backyard, we have good school systems here, and you can easily commute and work in either Providence or Boston?
Me: Remember that LTC I applied for? Well, turns out I have restrictions to hunting and sporting.
Wife: Yeah....so.
Me: Well, apparently the Police chief wants me to produce a log before restrictions can be removed so I can carry it around. I think he's trying to make sure LTC permit holders are competent but not sure.
Wife: So you want to move because you don't want to turn in a log? Are you f...ing kidding me?

Some interesting comments. Mostly positive. Agreed, some keyboard commandos with the "I'd move" or "sue" comments. I'm not crazy about a lot of the Mass laws, but it is what it is. Besides, I don't think that would go over too well with my wife.

Wife: Why? You got the Patriots playing in our backyard, we have good school systems here, and you can easily commute and work in either Providence or Boston?
Me: Remember that LTC I applied for? Well, turns out I have restrictions to hunting and sporting.
Me: Well, apparently the Police chief wants me to produce a log before restrictions can be removed so I can carry it around. I think he's trying to make sure LTC permit holders are competent but not sure.
Wife: So you want to move because you don't want to turn in a log? Are you f...ing kidding me?

Lots of commandos on this site...but the fact is, unfortunately we all need to do what we have to to get our LTC's...If and when the day comes that they tell us the 2nd is no longer valid, that's the day we all stand and fight. Until then (to quote my LTC instructor Larry Anderson) "never do anything that might jeopardize you're right to carry"

Everytime I went to range, there will be an ammo nation wide shortage afterwards.

Last edited:
Lots of commandos on this site...but the fact is, unfortunately we all need to do what we have to to get our LTC's...If and when the day comes that they tell us the 2nd is no longer valid, that's the day we all stand and fight. Until then (to quote my LTC instructor Larry Anderson) "never do anything that might jeopardize you're right to carry"

OP is being offered a way to remove restrictions. Many cities and towns simply will not under any circumstances. If he wants a log, give him a log.

Besides, I don't think that would go over too well with my wife....

Me: Because I f'ckin said so.
Wife: How much do you think we can get for our house?

FIFY - The idea that the COP is doing this to ensure competence among permit holders is crazy. As if the number of rounds you fired last year has any bearing on whether you have ability to protect your life and the lives of those you love. This is about power and the abuse of power.

does the chief use kiwi or another brand? can you tell me which boot polish tastes best?

Lots of commandos on this site...
If and when the day comes that they tell us the 2nd is no longer valid, that's the day we all stand and fight.
So what is it? Keyboard commandos or the people who will fight at your side?

i thought I had that "stand up and fight" thing debunked a while ago. Who's gonna fight? And whom? And how? And with what?
You need to get that idea out of your skull. Most MA people on here are all talk about how they value their freedom, but they don't even want to move to a free state, because that would be inconvenient. Zappa did it. Atila did it. Xtry51 did it. They have jobs, lives, partners, just as much as the rest on here. They just value actual freedom enough to bite the bullet and get it over with their move. Others, like Horrible, have every damn excuse in the book to not move. From the wife getting sand in her vagina, to the commute to work, and, oh yeah, good schools. Because we don't have those in NH or ME. So, those people aren't even willing to take the inconvenience of a 45 minute commute, but you expect them to leave their homes and their wives and kids to fight the next revolution? They probably will. If they canbe back home for dinner, and if the revolution isn't too far away.

Back
Top Bottom