Benchmade Destroying Guns

Rather than come up with a list of companies we are boycotting I thought it would be easier to make a list of companies we support.

Here’s what I’ve got:

1. Target Sports

Did I miss anyone?

Chaturbate?

Wait. What!?! Why Target Sports? What did I miss?

You didn't miss anything. Target Sports is a company we support (read it again). [laugh]

I really wonder how much TSUSA is making off of their decision; they seem to have MA on lockdown and even many of us in NH. I just got a shipping notification this morning for that can of 5.56 I ordered last night.

Except for those fudds across the US who only use B&M’s I bet Target Sports is making bank on not only us enlightened buyers but those in many other states as well.

Except for those fudds across the US who only use B&M’s I bet Target Sports is making bank on not only us enlightened buyers but those in many other states as well.
Nationally TSUSA has many competitors...those behind the MA curtain don't typically have as many choices, especially ones as good as TSUSA is. Their proximity (I get orders quickly), plus free Prime shipping, plus "paying them back in karma" for telling MA to shove it are among the reasons I choose them over others.

Googling around, most sites don't even include them in a "top 5" or "top 10 ammo" vendor list; one site listed them as their "20th place choice." There's some myopia on this board as it's overwhelming MA-centric, and since they took on MA and will ship to MA they get a ton of exposure here that they wouldn't in free states. In those places they're "just another ammo site."

Targetsports is still a somewhat small fish nationally, but since they have a near monopoly on MA, I wonder what percentage of their sales come from New England. MA isn't huge population-wise or ownership-wise (which is why CA, for all its dumb laws, still gets places that play along in terms of compliance and stuff, since it's huge market regardless of the restrictions), but if they can corner the market, there's still money to be made.

Rather than come up with a list of companies we are boycotting I thought it would be easier to make a list of companies we support.

Here’s what I’ve got:

1. Target Sports

Did I miss anyone?
trying get names on this list is gonna be like trying to shit when you're constipated.

Nationally TSUSA has many competitors...those behind the MA curtain don't typically have as many choices, especially ones as good as TSUSA is. Their proximity (I get orders quickly), plus free Prime shipping, plus "paying them back in karma" for telling MA to shove it are among the reasons I choose them over others.

Googling around, most sites don't even include them in a "top 5" or "top 10 ammo" vendor list; one site listed them as their "20th place choice." There's some myopia on this board as it's overwhelming MA-centric, and since they took on MA and will ship to MA they get a ton of exposure here that they wouldn't in free states. In those places they're "just another ammo site."

Targetsports is still a somewhat small fish nationally, but since they have a near monopoly on MA, I wonder what percentage of their sales come from New England. MA isn't huge population-wise or ownership-wise (which is why CA, for all its dumb laws, still gets places that play along in terms of compliance and stuff, since it's huge market regardless of the restrictions), but if they can corner the market, there's still money to be made.
I can’t think of any other online vendor that beats their prices honestly. All the others are high priced with no free shipping with the Prime. I certainly might have a bit of myopia.

I can’t think of any other online vendor that beats their prices honestly. All the others are high priced with no free shipping with the Prime. I certainly might have a bit of myopia.

There is no myopia, sir.. so you can save the trip to the optometrist. [laugh] Sometimes there is literally "that vendor" that manages to do nearly everything right, and they end up dominating, at least for the products they carry... someone like tsusa is difficult to beat unless you're getting into the buyers groups (at 6+ figures) or getting friendly deals from a volume FFL....

-Mike

Was this intentional? Lol.
I imagine it went something like this:
PD: Hey, we have these guns we need to destroy, can you help us
BM: Sure, we support the police
[PD Posts images on the web]
PM & BD: Whoops...that escalated quickly.

I also noticed the PD's post says BM supports the police, but nothing about supporting freedom or 2A. This all sort of reminds me of Kevin Spacey's "hey I'm gay" misdirection attempt during his #MeToo time. It seems like BM and the PD are trying to capitalize on "they support the thin blue line!" as a distraction or mitigating circumstance. I think they overestimate how many people really care about that angle.

He said companies we support and are not boycotting.
I really wonder how much TSUSA is making off of their decision; they seem to have MA on lockdown and even many of us in NH. I just got a shipping notification this morning for that can of 5.56 I ordered last night.
Yes that was intentional[laugh]

He said companies we support and are not boycotting.

Phew, thanks! And D'oh!

They simply should have said. NO. Sorry we are in the business of making knives, not destroying guns.
Yeah, this is where I have the biggest issue. Any local weld shop or metal fab shop would have the same tools to do the job, but Benchmade did it because they thought it would be good for business showing them helping the local cops. Anti's would love it, Fudds would love it, the cop worshipers would love it and sales would go up.

Benchmade really thought true 2A people were fools, goes to show what they think of us.

Such a shame. I have a griptillian that I love. Welp, I won’t be buying any more from them.
I love my Griptillian, too.

It was my favorite Benchmade knife although I carry higher end knives.

I won't be buying any more Benchmade.

Spyderco
Spyderco, Inc. – First we made things sharp, then we made sharp things

Emerson
Emerson Knives Inc. | Official Website | Shop Now

Strider
Welcome to Strider Knives

Bawidamann
Bawidamann Blades

Monkey Edge - The Finest in Custom Knives and Gear

Just got my reply email:

Hello,

Thank you for your concern – We appreciate you reaching out. Our official statement is posted on our social media platforms at this time. We can assure you that we fully support second amendment rights as well as law enforcement.

We appreciate your patience as we work to address our consumer’s questions and concerns.

Respectfully

- Benchmade

Just got my reply email:

Hello,

Thank you for your concern – We appreciate you reaching out. Our official statement is posted on our social media platforms at this time. We can assure you that we fully support second amendment rights as well as law enforcement.

We appreciate your patience as we work to address our consumer’s questions and concerns.

Respectfully

- Benchmade
What a bitch response. Fully support the 2A ....YEA RIGHT. f***ing dumbasses.

Interesting timing too. There is a pretty big call to arms in OR over some bullshit legislation going on right now. Glad companies there like Noveske and Radian are showing some back bone and standing up to it unlike all of the sissies in MA.

You gotta be shittin' me. You think Benchmade leadership was all "we f'n hate guns, lets ask around and find some to cut up" because that is what the response here so far looks like.

Personally, I see it a different way. These guns had their death warrants signed already. Someone was going to permanently render them chunks of metal. Only question was who and how. You wouldn't want a piece of the action? Not like anything was going to save them.

Bunch of over emotional day ladies above.

Maybe they will take yours there someday for the same treatment.

Back
Top Bottom