Best 45 ACP in MA for home defense

Hi It is/was a special order model 25-2.
Everything on it lettered even the stocks which pre date the revolver by at least 10 years.

Last edited:
Hi It is/was a special order model 25-2.
Everything on it lettered even the stocks which pre date the revolver by at least 10 years.

What a great looking gun, thanks.. I figured some kind of 25 version... I've got 325TTR, 325PD, and want a JM625... but have no 25's... I love 3" revolvers... that is a 3" ?

Glock 21 or 30.

Last I checked (only a couple weeks back), you can't buy a new Glock in MA. They are not allowed per the "MA Complaint purchasing list".

Now if you can find an old/used Glock (either pre-ban or brought in by someone moving into the MA area), you can probably buy it for $800 to $900 (well above the cost of a new one bought in any other state).

I love the Springfield XDM45, but it's not legal in MA either (only comes with a 13-round magazine), but I'd assume the XD45 is as equally well built.

Last I checked (only a couple weeks back), you can't buy a new Glock in MA. They are not allowed per the "MA Complaint purchasing list".

Now if you can find an old/used Glock (either pre-ban or brought in by someone moving into the MA area), you can probably buy it for $800 to $900 (well above the cost of a new one bought in any other state).

This is what some dealers want you to think. It is not true, and it is foolish to pay those prices.

I love the Springfield XDM45, but it's not legal in MA either (only comes with a 13-round magazine), but I'd assume the XD45 is as equally well built.

Dont quote me on this as I'm certainly no expert but from my understanding after speaking with a guy who owns a store... Illegal to buy? No. Illegal for the FFL to sell? Not technically. They are on the MA approved roster, and the Martha list is not published and from my understanding, and FFL is technically supposed to be supplied with a list of what specifically they can and can not sell.

There is no AG list. There are AG criteria. It's an important distinction.

good point.
also marcias list might as well wear sneakers because it moves around like a wild animal.

to the OP, just got a ruger SR45 and man is this one sweet shooting 45. Handles recoil very well. Grear ergos. Ran 80 rds through it today and shot perfectly. My ruger fanboyism grows even more.

This would do the job nicely

386371.jpg

Back
Top Bottom