• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Blue Northern Trading Company - Ayer, MA

I stopped in to buy some ammo a couple weeks ago. Nice shop, friendly and helpful staff.

Well finally bought a gun from them. Great experience and they worked with me on the price. How can you not like a gun shop with a 10 foot tall stuffed grizzly (I am assuming its a grizzly). Thy have ammo too!

Well finally bought a gun from them. Great experience and they worked with me on the price. How can you not like a gun shop with a 10 foot tall stuffed grizzly (I am assuming its a grizzly). Thy have ammo too!

Tell that to my son. He looked at it and when I held him up to see it and pet it, he lost it! Lol

Sent from my IPhone, please ignore spelling mistakes. Siri is dumb.

Good people in BNT.....well......wajagit

I have been in a handful of times over the past few months. They are mostly pretty friendly and helpful, but all their ammo seems overpriced, $26/50 rounds .38 spl, $28/50 rounds .357. They occasionally have some .22lr for decent prices, but there is always a limit of 100 rounds.

has anyone been here lately?

Yes last Sunday. Looked like he got a few real nice used revolvers in stock.....a colt and a s and w model 629. I didn't have time to look close cuz I had my son and shool buddy with me and we were on the way to the range.

SOmeone else said his ammo is pricy.......yup......more than you'd spend at wally world or dicks by a couple of bucks a box.....but hes a local guy.......located on my way to and from work and the range......I don't have to wait 15 minutes for the wally world clerk to open the cabinet....I don't have to dodge the welfare moms in walmart to get to the ammo cabinet.......I can get real advice (unlike dicks)......and and they are all around great guys in there. I've purchased 2 fire arms from them in the last year and have been happy with the price and service on both.

Last edited:
I bought an Arisaka Type 99 in there last week. They're currently liquidating a pretty good sized collection of stuff (A lot of old handguns, lever action rifles, pump .22s and military rifles).

Last edited:
has anyone been here lately?

Yes- good folks. Prices are OK- not cheap but cheaper than driving another hour to/from somewhere else. Nice stock of accessories & last time I was there they had a number of different powders available.

I bought an Arisaka Type 99 in there last week. They're currently liquidating a pretty good sized collection of stuff (A lot of old handguns, lever action rifles, pump .22s and military rifles).
You ain't kiddding! I just left there.......hell of a lot of old colt revolvers colt pocket guns Enfield's in great shape! Wish I had some 'spendable cash right now or something would have followed me home. Any if u guys that are into classics should stop by.

Transfers are 25 on Sundays 35 any other day. The only day the shop is closed is monday

- - - Updated - - -

I believe it's his Dad's collection (who I believe owned the shop prior to). Nice guys there.

Some real nice stuff in that collection too!

Was just there for a transfer. Limited selection on pistols, long guns hey had more, not many ARs. Prices where not cheap but not crazy. Was a little shocked at the 35$ transfer but oh well.

Back
Top Bottom