• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Blue Northern Trading Company - Ayer, MA

Here's my experience with Blue Northern:

- I bought a SIG P229 there a number of years ago. His price was about $20 higher than FS but Bill was nice to deal with and he ordered it when FS had none.
- Bill was totally on board on distributing the flyer I made up regarding the BS legislation currently in the statist house from people like Linsky, Creem, etc.
- They're open on Sunday.

I like Blue Northern.

- They're open on Sunday.

I like Blue Northern.

This, plus they are about a 5min from my house, and on my long way to the range, if I need anything on the way. Bill Sr & Bill Jr. are great guys to deal with, I don't know they other guys names, but they're all awesome.

Was in today, they had a very cool Uberti lever in 45LC, a GSG M4 clone in 22lr...they also had a number of Alliant powders in stock (1# bottles) for the going rate of like $22. I have nver bought gun from them, but they have always been friendly and helpful.

I was there as well, crap for ammo...

They are all great guys, friendly, helpful, up for conversation anytime. I usually swing by once or twice a week to check.

Blue Northern is ALWAYS a pleasant experience not one bad thing to say about them. Pricing is fair, usually decent selection and always great conversation

Stopped in there today around 10:40- looked like I timed it just right because they had gotten in some ammo. I saw 9, .45, .40, they had AE 100 round boxes of .223 for $60, and 20 round boxes for $11.99. I saw maybe 5 or 6 boxes of federal 525 round value packs of .22LR for $29

Just a heads up for anyone in the area!

Stopped in there today around 10:40- looked like I timed it just right because they had gotten in some ammo. I saw 9, .45, .40, they had AE 100 round boxes of .223 for $60, and 20 round boxes for $11.99. I saw maybe 5 or 6 boxes of federal 525 round value packs of .22LR for $29

Just a heads up for anyone in the area!

Damn, I'm in FL...too bad, I live 5min away

I am also a fan of BNTC. Fair prices.....friendly to deal with. Wish I had the $ for the Browning citori they have in there!!!! I've already looked at it twice but $975 is out of my price range right now.

That post went out last night before closing, went there this morning and almost all of what came in was gone already. I did manage to pick up ONE 100 box of .40, but that was it and it was the last one they had.

stopped in checking for AR goodies, ammo, etc.

they have a handful of complete ARs for under a grand, and a GSG STG44 which i was >< this close to buying. in the end i left without it and bought two boxes of 7.62x39 ammo.

i will say that i saw another STG44 at another shop later in the day, and blue northern is beating their price by three hundred dollars.

I have always found the prices in there to be much higher than other shops. That applies to ALL the different stuff they carry in there.

The only time I go in there is when my buddy goes in to use his gift certificate he gets for Christmas.

YMMV

depends on what you're buying. their ARs are priced quite well IMO. they had some bolt guns for short money as well 1911s about the going rate. they are a small shop so that needs to be taken into consideration. i paid more than i wanted to for the x39 ammo i picked up--but they probably did as well. didn't buy a lot, but it's a few bucks for a small, local shop so i was perfectly fine with it.

honestly i'm partial to them because they all have been nothing but nice to me ever since i bought my first gun there. [smile]

Stopped in yesterday, they've got 4-5 AR's on the rack at ~$1000, Handguns a few m&p's, a few walthers, a few revolvers

Always my favorite shop to go to

What can I say about Blue Northern? Ordered a Ruger 1911 Commander Model @ 5 weeks ago. It arrived Thursday and I picked it up today. Great trigger, well made and finished and at a price that was competitive with the guy in Woburn. It's a great store staffed with great people. Bill Lynch and his sons, Navy vet Ronnie and another gentleman whose name escapes me. with an occasional appearance by the Blue Northern founder and Grand Patriarch of the Lynch clan, Tom Lynch. A true outdoors store that harkens back to a time in American retailing when customer service was king. Cabela's and Bass Pro will never have what these guys have no matter how big the stores and how cheap the prices. This is not just an outdoor store but a Central Mass icon. If you want to know how it was when customers were treated with courtesy, the sales staff knew their product line and prices were fair with no loss leaders or low balling...stop by Blue Northern.

Mark L.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heads up reloaders...was there yesterday and they had small rifle and small pistol primers...just a few boxes of 1,000 count....priced around $40 per 1,000....CCI and Remington.

I went there earlier this week and picked up 2 jars of trailboss powder. they were the only place that had any. I like that place and don't mind the drive if they have what I need.

Went in there today looking at shot guns and walked out with a used lanber o/u. Great people to deal with and had no problem with my questions answered everything I wanted to know.

Just stopped in to do a transfer of my new Aero Precision lower, $35 fee and no hassle...

A bunch of .38spl boxes but I didn't see the price,

About 10 boxes of .40SW for $25 each

Plenty shotgun,

Surprisingly good amount of pistols, several BG380's, few Walther P22's, few revolvers, few 1911's, Ruger SR45

Another great transfer on a Sunday morning for only $25. No lines, no waiting. Had a good selection of firearms including a S&W 1911 SC which you don't see all the time.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom