• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Blue Northern Trading Company - Ayer, MA

Went over the weekend. A good overall shop with lots of non-gun outdoor sporting stuff as well.

Ammo prices were really high from what I could tell, however. They wanted almost $25 for a box of 50 Blazer .45 ACP.

Went over the weekend. A good overall shop with lots of non-gun outdoor sporting stuff as well.

Ammo prices were really high from what I could tell, however. They wanted almost $25 for a box of 50 Blazer .45 ACP.

Not sure if that would be considered "real high" anymore! [thinking]

On Saturday I spotted Rem 45 in 100 rd pack at a Wal-Mart priced at $43.00!! [shocked]

Considering that WM is cheaper than anyone else on ammo (and usually larger boxes are cheaper than 2 smaller boxes), perhaps prices have increased to a point where the price you noted may be pretty typical of gun shop pricing now?

Last I checked, and I don't own one, but .45 isn't really "cheap" anywhere, at least in comparison to the 9mm I shoot. BNTC has about average prices for what I shoot. For the convenience at least for me, they're decent prices when you consider how much I'll waste in gas to go to the nearest WalMart...I break it down to price per bullet, and it's not bad.

I've found .45 in the $17.50-19 range for boxes of 50 lately.

In fact, I picked up two boxes of Winchester WB .45 100cnt for 36.96 each today. I should go back and get more, apparently. [wink]

Stopped in today looking for a magazine to an old shotgun, they didn't have anything, but steered me in the right direction. Of course I took a look around, and I was happy to see their gun cases pretty well stocked. They've got some Ruger's in, a few M & P Range Kits and plenty of others to look at.

Pullman Arms in Worcester...independence .45 ammo 16 bucks a box of 50. BNTC usually has high prices on ammo

Went in yesterday, they are (seemingly) the only guys with flashlights left in stock in the entire northeast!

And no, I was not buying them because I did not have any for the storm. Two for Christmas, one for the motorcycle.

Came to BUMP, stopped by today (again,) to pick up a quick box of ammo on the way to the range. Much better selection of Pistols then I've seen in awhile in the display care, prices are reasonable. Always great to stop by, I live close and the guys recognize me so it's fun to poke around and chat firearms.

Two words: Black powder! Not too many places seem to carry BP supplies anymore.

Edit: Synthetic BP only. For the real thing, Hunters' Rendezvous.

Last edited:
Handgun cases are pretty bare, but had a bunch of revolvers and a good amount of S&W's, lots of M&Ps, They had just got them in the store when I was there Friday. Fewer rifles then I've seen normally, NO AR's, ~30 person wait list. Bunch of Shotguns.

Not much ammo, price gone up a little, but at least I can get a few boxes on the way to the range, Walmart has nothing!

I was in there this morning and they still had a handful of 20 rd metal preban AR15 mags for $30 a piece.

They had ammo in all common calibers but pricing has gone up to reflect their distributors charging them more...

I was in there this morning and they still had a handful of 20 rd metal preban AR15 mags for $30 a piece.

They had ammo in all common calibers but pricing has gone up to reflect their distributors charging them more...

But no 223/556 ammo

Bought my new SR9c there yesterday, same price as always, not increased due to craziness. They had just received a few handguns as the cases were much more stocked then recently. They had another SR9c left, I didn't look at anything else, but they did had a bunch

They continue to markup what they get from their distributors at the same margin as always, so any price increases are purely those of the distributor/supplier and not the shop. They know this will blow over and that loyal customers are far more important than the short term buck.

Continues to be my favorite shop. And no matter how busy they get, they will never have a deli number machine...

In comparison to others, especially at this time. They are extremely friendly, and even joked about how they have nothing. More than I can say about some other places.

I stopped in the other week when I was in the area in hopes of some 22lr.

called today asked for a price on a S&W J frame 642 ...thinking it might be $389.00 to $450.00.....they wanted $549.00....WHAT THE F*#K!

Not that I know of, I asked for a 642 and he said yes we do have them, He stated the distributor hammered them $549.00 and I said Woah lol and he said ya i know. So i dont know it didnt sound like there fault and I think after I said woah if it had a CT grip he might have tried to justify the price but he didnt say anything. But how is S&W "hammering" them with a high price but not any other shops around here?

I had this discussion with Bill last week. He told me that he is being hammered by his distributor on j frames. He doesn't do the volume that the guy in Woburn does. He did have a 442 for less money. More volume lower per cost unit. I don't think he is trying to rip anybody off. I've known the Lynch family for 25 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I stopped in on the way home from the boston rally last wednesday. As everywhere else ammo was scarce but found one box of .38spc +p. As usual though the guys working there were nice and welcoming.
As last poster stated volume will lower cost but a good shop run by good people are that are in the boonies are not gonna have that ordering power.

When I used to reload bought all my powder there they stocked a alot.

meant to throw this in here, had an AR lower transferred there, guys there were accommodating, friendly, only thing that struck me as odd were the high priced Auto Ordinance 1911's there.
got to love the distributors who hammer the guys who actually deal with the public.

Last edited:
Not that I know of, I asked for a 642 and he said yes we do have them, He stated the distributor hammered them $549.00 and I said Woah lol and he said ya i know. So i dont know it didnt sound like there fault and I think after I said woah if it had a CT grip he might have tried to justify the price but he didnt say anything. But how is S&W "hammering" them with a high price but not any other shops around here?
Bill is very fair and at times, generous. Well to me at least.

But I would take his word about the distributor hammering him though. I remember a while back he had Bushmaster ARs for a great price because he said he got a deal thru his distributor.

Back
Top Bottom