BPS-Cabelas

I was on Cabelas web page the other day and somehow I found their Gun Library page which has all the used guns they sell. They have 100's of guns all over the country that you can purchase and have sent to your local store. Well, they have a 10% OFF sale right now until Father's Day. If you have Military, another 5%. There are a lot of good deals there including new guns that were buy backs by distributors and they sell them out of the Gun Library as explained to me. I purchased one on Tuesday from an Utah store and going to pick it up today in Scarborough.

Then you find out they won't ship ANYTHING to mASS. ROFL!!!! "You want a Yamamoto Senko worm??? Couod you stuff it into a shotgun shell? Then no, we can't ship those to this store." ;)

I was on Cabelas web page the other day and somehow I found their Gun Library page which has all the used guns they sell. They have 100's of guns all over the country that you can purchase and have sent to your local store. Well, they have a 10% OFF sale right now until Father's Day. If you have Military, another 5%. There are a lot of good deals there including new guns that were buy backs by distributors and they sell them out of the Gun Library as explained to me. I purchased one on Tuesday from an Utah store and going to pick it up today in Scarborough.
So what did you buy?

Then you find out they won't ship ANYTHING to mASS. ROFL!!!! "You want a Yamamoto Senko worm??? Couod you stuff it into a shotgun shell? Then no, we can't ship those to this store." ;)
But he’s in Maine. No need to worry about the MA thing that only compounds my thoughts.
Maybe it’s just me but the local guys get a first crack if I’m buying anything.

Why the hell do you support that outfit with so many local shop options elsewhere?
They have many nice old guns sometimes and fxck up pricing them.......only reason.

Its painful to buy a gun from them.......so it has to be an absolute steal, or made of unobtainium.

I'm not sure what's so painful.. I've got a least 1/2 my guns from them, most free or almost free with points..

I've never experienced any different than any gun shop.. find what you want, fill out the paperwork, pay at the gun counter, and leave..

sure, they have the big box store policies, but if you know that going in, what's the issue?

Why the hell do you support that outfit with so many local shop options elsewhere?
What local shops offer Military discount....? None, and one of my locals gets $115 more, that's why. I don't have a money tree in my back yard.

What local shops offer Military discount....? None, and one of my locals gets $115 more, that's why. I don't have a money tree in my back yard.
I’m rather confident that a local shop and perhaps a former military man might be a better choice to support.
2 hours from your area covers a lot of ground.
Not being disrespectful to you.

I’m rather confident that a local shop and perhaps a former military man might be a better choice to support.
2 hours from your area covers a lot of ground.
Not being disrespectful to you.
not 2 hrs, 55 min and Costco is down there just up the road. 2 birds, 1 stone. I've been to other shops. Tony at T&K and Audette's hardware are the two places I've bought from.
For the Mass people, yes you can buy handguns at a hardware store and a general store. Ammo too!

So, since I mentioned how much I saved and the firearm is Mass compliant, it is a Ruger Max -9. My total out the door was $286.95

A lot do. You just have to ask, they might not have a sign out front. Also id be doing remote to kitchen table long before i went to a box store. Gunbroker low + ride + transfer will probably still beat them, and you'll be supporting small businesses.

I'd spend the extra $100 at a small shop just to avoid cabelas, land of the dolphins.

You never know when you might need the services of a small gun store. No matter how much you buy from cabelas, they won't be there if you need them.

not 2 hrs, 55 min and Costco is down there just up the road. 2 birds, 1 stone. I've been to other shops. Tony at T&K and Audette's hardware are the two places I've bought from.
For the Mass people, yes you can buy handguns at a hardware store and a general store. Ammo too!
Damn you don’t get out far.
Off the top of my head A&G isn’t that far from you and they seem like good people. Ive always been treated very professionally. Im sure many other shops are in between.

I'm not sure what's so painful.. I've got a least 1/2 my guns from them, most free or almost free with points..

I've never experienced any different than any gun shop.. find what you want, fill out the paperwork, pay at the gun counter, and leave..

sure, they have the big box store policies, but if you know that going in, what's the issue?
I have found one good deal there but really had to hold my nose when going through their PITA sales process.

Sometimes big retailers help keep small retailers prices in check.

Competition is good for consumers, lack of competition is good for retailers :)

For example: Why buy from TSUSA when 4$easons is there?

Sometimes big retailers help keep small retailers prices in check.

Competition is good for consumers, lack of competition is good for retailers :)

For example, why buy from TSUSA when 4$easons is there?
So isn’t gun broker if that’s your thing.
I just think buying local is smarter at the end of the day.
If I’m shopping for ammo sure I’d price shop it to be fair. Be within reason and I’m buying local.
Just did it last month with my wife standing right next to me who was in full agreement.

I'd spend the extra $100 at a small shop just to avoid cabelas, land of the dolphins.

You never know when you might need the services of a small gun store. No matter how much you buy from cabelas, they won't be there if you need them.
Glad you have many 100's to throw away. Oh, and the local gun shop I dealt with in Mass ( at least 30 firearms) didn't stand behind 2 firearms and "was not there when I needed him"

Oh, and you never set foot in a Cabelas or Bass Pro? ya right

So isn’t gun broker if that’s your thing.
I just think buying local is smarter at the end of the day.
If I’m shopping for ammo sure I’d price shop it to be fair. Be within reason and I’m buying local.
Just did it last month with my wife standing right next to me who was in full agreement.
Gunbroker isn't a retailer.. I will also spend a little more to shop local.

The question is, how much more are you willing to spend?

Anything over 10% of the average going price and I am buying elsewhere. Usually the good stuff is MAP so it is the same price everywhere, I will go local 100% of the time in that situation.

That being said, I don't think I have bought anything from Cabelas/BP in 10 years :)

Glad you have many 100's to throw away. Oh, and the local gun shop I dealt with in Mass ( at least 30 firearms) didn't stand behind 2 firearms and "was not there when I needed him"

Oh, and you never set foot in a Cabelas or Bass Pro? ya right
I wasn't taking about needing a gun shop when your pos ruger or shield has issues. I'll be more direct. You're at the police station and you need an FFL to pick up your guns, you call your dealer, and they come get your shit and save your ass. No box store will do that. Plus many other reasons why someone should have a good relationship with their FFL.

I don't go to cabelas. Their pricing sucks, their customer service sucks, and all red head products are trash. My go to shops are awesome, I have no reason to go there.

now serious question.. what made it a PITA for you?
Only one person working the gun library, so I had to wait a long time to be helped. Similar wait to check out with someone else and the check out process was slow. They had issues with their computer. After that they had to box up the rifle for me to walk out of the store with it.

now serious question.. what made it a PITA for you?
Ssrious answer….took me 3 solid hours to buy an over and under shotgun once. In PA! They called every store manager they had, and corporate….because I was from MA. Double checked, triple cheked paperwork by 4 different people.

Most other buys have been about triple the time it takes at my LGS or anywhere else. Including KTP.

Only buy at Cabelas last resort but have run across some great deals, and some old cherry guns that I would never find locally.

Gunbroker isn't a retailer.. I will also spend a little more to shop local.

The question is, how much more are you willing to spend?

Anything over 10% of the average going price and I am buying elsewhere. Usually the good stuff is MAP so it is the same price everywhere, I will go local 100% of the time in that situation.

That being said, I don't think I have bought anything from Cabelas/BP in 10 years :)
I have no problem within 10% or so. You’re right about MAP.

Ssrious answer….took me 3 solid hours to buy an over and under shotgun once. In PA! They called every store manager they had, and corporate….because I was from MA. Double checked, triple cheked paperwork by 4 different people.

Most other buys have been about triple the time it takes at my LGS or anywhere else. Including KTP.

Only buy at Cabelas last resort but have run across some great deals, and some old cherry guns that I would never find locally.
Took me ~1-1/2 hours in MA with my MA LTC. If it wasn't a ridiculous deal I would have walked. Actually I think I told the gun library guy it seemed like a bad day for them and nevermind- which sped up the process from a standstill to a snail's pace. Something old in fantastic condition is pretty much the only reason I'd buy at Cabelas and my threshold for tolerating them went way higher after the last time.

Back
Top Bottom