Braintree Rifle and Pistol Club

RANGE UPDATES
Over the past summer months, the club buildings have been painted, new roofs installed on the new building, the garage and the outdoor pavilions. The bathroom in the old range has been repaired and cleaned up. A consulting firm has been retained to investigate the best use of the property and to either renovate the old range or the construction of a new third range, or both. All ranges remain operational; however, range officers are needed to cover shifts on the outdoor range. Our by-laws state that the club is operated by the members. Please get involved in your club. Persons interested in becoming a range officer can e mail the club or see Ron Zooleck, the Chief Range Officer.

Outdoor range repairs will include the repair of walls on the outdoor ranges, the addition of a 60 foot wall at the end of the plinking range on the railroad track side and the addition of baffles. Berm work will also be done to include the rebuilding of the plinking target area. A steel target are is also be contemplated on the middle range after additional baffles are placed.

To accomplish this work funds must be approved by the membership.

MEMBERS' MEETINGS
The August members meeting will be held Monday August 8. Member’s meetings are the second Monday of each month, unless a holiday, when the meeting is on the third Monday. Meetings begin at 7 PM.

DUES
The executive board is contemplating a dues increase for next year. The executive board has looked at projected expenditures, including building renovations, the construction of a new building, maintenance and upkeep costs. We have also looked at the initiation fees and dues of other clubs in the area and in Massachusetts in general. We are discussing a $25 increase in the initiation fee for new members and a $25 increase in dues. The initiation fee would therefore be $100, and dues would be $150. Members with 10 years of membership who are 65 and retired would still pay one half of the dues ($75). Dues have not been increased in over 10 years. Even with the increase our initiation fees and dues would be the lowest in the area. Moreover, no other club offers the facilities we have or 24/7 indoor range access.

The executive board will propose the dues increase to be voted by the members at the annual meeting in December.

DISCIPLINE
A member was expelled from the club for shooting an unauthorized firearm in the indoor range. Members are reminded that rifles and shotguns are not allowed on the indoor ranges, other than 22 LR. Violation of this rule will result in immediate termination of membership.

Likewise, members are reminded that the plinking range outdoors is for 22LR ONLY. No other caliber is allowed.

Members must wear eye and ear protection on all ranges when shooting. Eye protection is available through our vending machine in the new indoor range.

Guest privileges are one guest per month and will be strictly enforced.

Parking is allowed only in designated spots. Parking in a no parking area, or taking a handicap space when not authorized with a displayed placard or plate designation will result in disciplinary action.

CLUB CLOTHING
Club clothing will soon be available through our web site. We have contracted with a vendor to supply clothing that can be ordered and paid for through our web site and will be shipped directly to you.

Very impressive. It's a great facility and I miss it, but continuing membership when living in NH was merely a waste of money.

I hear ya on that. Introduced to BRP when I was on our college rifle team. Made sense living in Boston, but living in Merrimack Valley and having a membership at Pelham F&G, didn’t make sense to keep my BRP membership. Miss the 24x7 indoor facility though! Don’t miss some of the questionable members.

Outdoor Ranges Closed​

Wednesday 8/31/22 thru Friday 9/2/22

The Outdoor Ranges will be closed beginning this Wednesday 8/31/22 through Friday Sept 2, 2022 for range repairs.
Outdoor range repairs will include the repair of the concrete walls on the outdoor ranges, the addition of a 60-foot wall at the end of the plinking range on the railroad track side and the addition of overhead baffles. Berm work will also be done to include the rebuilding and regrading of the plinking target area.
The Outdoor Ranges will be open on Saturday and Sunday.
Indoor Ranges remain open.
We apologize for the short notice, but the contractor became available and we would like to complete the work.

Range Update​

Outdoor range upgrades and repairs have been completed and include the repair of walls on the outdoor ranges, the addition of a 60-foot wall at the end of the plinking range on the railroad track side and the addition of baffles. Berm work and grading has also been completed on the plinking range.
Member’s Meetings
Due to the Columbus Day holiday the member’s meeting will be held on the third Monday of October on October 17th. The November meeting will be on Monday November 14th. The Annual Meeting of the club will be held on Sunday, December 11. A change in venue is required and the Annual Meeting will be held at the Sons of Italy Hall in Braintree. Notice will be sent prior to the meeting with details.
20th Annual Women's Instructional Shoot!
October 15, 2022
from 8:30am to 3:30pm
At the
Braintree Rifle and Pistol Club
Have you ever thought of trying a firearm?

Now is the time! Haven’t shot in a very long time? Are your firearm skills rusty? Well, then, come on down! This event is geared toward new women shooters, but all women, regardless of experience are invited to attend. No previous experience is necessary just the desire to learn and have fun. You will receive instruction in firearm safety and hands-on instruction in shooting pistols, rifles, shotguns, and more.
98tHD7dlDZ_h0M32lbkHCfs7LlXRWTnxTpECj82M1J0TsX3Ml5QOhI4sPCEuAbrJTkZgl4E9l4iszOFRNtOWaeFtoGVFX_HEqf3Ja0AGwmB8jrKES1-lMwfQkVNEVd_GODKr32bS5_112RM9O29Nww=s0-d-e1-ft
Sponsored by
Second Amendment Sisters of MA
and the Braintree Rifle and Pistol Club.
The event fee is $65. We will supply all the equipment. A light lunch will be provided or you can bring your own. The event will be limited to 50 participants.
You must pre-register to ensure we have enough food and supplies for all. Please bring a baseball-type cap. Feel free to bring your own eye and ear protection if you prefer. This is a rain or shine event!!
TO REGISTER:
Mail and make payable a check with name, address, tel #, *email and experience level (none, beginner, rusty, etc.) to: SASMA, PO Box 904, Norwood, MA 02062.
*Important: Please be sure to include an email address so we can confirm your registration.
Questions? Email Lynne at [email protected].
Registration deadline is October 12, 2022.
g0eurAj69wj8c3CgwojE4Tac41ekGTqhlh5ubgZ4swRLly7oaeqaMHvpBkOjiGjoKhelisvyUNutBLi57B9hgJH5ccnSqM9tjtl-sj84SdIIEsp6yuP355SLmKpkEB9UfiIZ72dIgSYZrOUDggPy=s0-d-e1-ft
SWAP MEET
SUNDAY OCTOBER 23, 2022
7AM TIL ABOUT NOON
GRAB SOME TABLE SPACE AND:

• GET RID OF OLD STUFF
  • BUY STUFF
  • TRADE STUFF
  • GET MORE STUFF
  • TABLE SPACE LIMITED

Try calling the number on the site 😂

it’s why I stopped going to braintree. No one is ever there to babysit me when I shoot my rifle.
The advertised number only rings in the unmanned office upstairs.

The payphones aren't anywhere near the outdoor ranges, so whoever answers wouldn't have a clue what is or isn't happening 1/4 mile away up-range.

Always good to check the website. Braintree Rifle and Pistol Club As of late they have been pretty good about making updates. I RO once a week. I guarantee
that this Thursday at 3pm the rifle range will be open. :). Outdoor range closes as sunset.

It is frustrating to get there and see range closed during normal hours. Bring a pistol for indoor work.

How can one find out if the rifle range is open?

I found a “range status” page on the site but it shows the date as sept 9 and seems to be for RO’s anyway...

View attachment 669341

Man, I so want this to be a working feature. 90% of what I do is outdoor, even in the winter. I hate shooting indoors and if I didn’t, I’d consider driving to MFS and pay per use. I say that, but remember quickly the next lane 12ga bro and first timer muzzle sweeps.

Last edited:
Always good to check the website. Braintree Rifle and Pistol Club As of late they have been pretty good about making updates. I RO once a week. I guarantee
that this Thursday at 3pm the rifle range will be open. :). Outdoor range closes as sunset.

It is frustrating to get there and see range closed during normal hours. Bring a pistol for indoor work.

Much appreciated.

Even if members can post when the range is “most often” open, it would be helpful. I’ve been unlucky and have only been able to shoot one weekend morning outdoors in 2 years. Afternoons have been a little better.

Friday afternoon with perfect weather on a fall day you’d think someone would be there to babysit us on the outdoor range but nope….

and you know what?? They could care less since they are like 5k members 🤑

much better alternatives I’m not renewing next year

Annual Meeting Notice​

Sunday December 11, 2022
10:00 am at
The Sons of Italy in Braintree
The Annual Meeting of the Braintree Rifle and Pistol Club will take place on Sunday, December 11th, 2022 at a NEW LOCATION. The Sons of Italy in Braintree located off of Pond Street at 161 King Road. Doors will open at 9 AM, and the meeting will begin at 10 AM.
The agenda of the meeting will include: the election of club officers, approval of the proposed budget, and other club business.
Refreshments and lunch will be served.
A raffle will be held.
This is your club, so please make an effort to attend.
Elected Officers
Any member in good standing may run for these offices by presenting signatures of 5 members on his/her nomination paper at the annual meeting.
w_x0KJ-yfrQtsing2jFIbdJ_6lOaP7MWKqLLbyxvBXL_-K6ppkKOXmOFzL6IykR8laUK3RHJXvyF1YSyLj3zr0UpHYmWVVPI50S7kR2vWJdxvCNUY9MXsDSU5IztfaGQ4mmz2VVGdvSua24QSAfRNQ=s0-d-e1-ft

There are no proposed bylaw changes
The Executive Board is Seeking a Dues Increase

Dues have not been increased in several years. BRPC has both the lowest dues and initiation fees. In order to be able to build an addition to our existing ranges or build a new building and to continue to operate at the current high standard, additional funds must be secured. A dues increase from $125 to $150 is recommended as is an increase in the initiation fee from $75 to $100.
Spousal dues would go from $25 to $50 and retired dues for members over 65 with 10 years of membership and retired would go from $65 to $75.

Dues are due by March 31, 2023.
Access Badges will not work after that date unless dues are paid.
****Please note that dues will not be accepted
at the Annual Meeting.***
Dues can be paid:

1. BEGINNING January 1, dues can be paid online on our web site at
brp.org/membership/dues
2. By Mail:
Braintree Rifle & Pistol Club
P.O. Box 850024
Braintree, MA 02185-0024
3. Drop in the Treasurer's Lock Box at the Club (Checks only. No envelopes)
**Please write your badge number on check**
4. Pay in Person
Any Sunday morning between 9 AM and Noon January 8 through April 2, 2023.
Members not renewing by April 2, 2023 will be subject to late fees, and access to the club will be denied.

TOYS FOR TOTS
Our club supports Toys for Tots program. If you wish to donate a toy, please bring a new, non-violent, unwrapped toy to the meeting, and it will be delivered to them in time for Christmas.

www.brp.org
Directions
4SXZAyn1M3F2KVIDusDK6l4E3El_5nRpML53afOGJlN3fdnEyvdzKN4pdeACVThdILd-SEBPyagu=s0-d-e1-ft

Back
Top Bottom