• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

BUIS with Eotech 512

Rockrivr1

NES Member
I have a flat top AR15 that I'm looking to mount a Eotech 512 onto. My question is whether there are any flip up BUIS that can coterminous, preferably lower 1/3rd, with the Eotech? I've googled and got a few ideas but wondering what the brain trust here recommends.

Thanks

Last edited:
Wait, you want fixed backup sights with a lower 1/3 co-witness instead of standard flip up back up sights with a true cowitness? Why? They’ll be too low to be useful. If you for some reason want a lower 1/3 you’ll need a riser for the 512.

Or you could remove part of your face to get your eye level down more. I wouldn’t recommend that. ;)

Wait, you want fixed backup sights with a lower 1/3 co-witness instead of standard flip up back up sights with a true cowitness? Why? They’ll be too low to be useful. If you for some reason want a lower 1/3 you’ll need a riser for the 512.

Or you could remove part of your face to get your eye level down more. I wouldn’t recommend that. ;)

I guess I didn't write it properly. They will be flip up iron sights, but wasn't sure if all BUIS would co witness with the Eotech 512. I've never used one before so I wasn't sure if the height would negate the cowitness.

I’ve used Troy folding battle sights in the past. They were really good quality and would absolute cowitness with a red dot.

If you don’t want to buy Troy there are a lot of other good options, they’re just the ones I’ve used.

The problem with cowitness sights is that if you cant see through your glass you can’t see your backup sights. This could happen if your glass breaks or even if it fogs due to humidity

I switched to 45degree offset back up sights

The problem with cowitness sights is that if you cant see through your glass you can’t see your backup sights. This could happen if your glass breaks or even if it fogs due to humidity

I switched to 45degree offset back up sights

Diamondhead has a solution for this issue also. They make spring assisted sights that lay flat until you want to use them. Push the button and they swing out to side to provide the 45 degree angle back up iron sight system you that are referring to. I have them on a AR. I cant say enough good things about them. I use them with a Leupold VX6 1-6 fire dot scope. There is not enough room for co witness flip up iron sights on my rail. These sights lay flat under a portion of the scope both front and rear. Again, push the button and they swing out from under the scope and provide a 45 degree angle, iron sight picture.

Diamondhead has a solution for this issue also. They make spring assisted sights that lay flat until you want to use them. Push the button and they swing out to side to provide the 45 degree angle back up iron sight system you that are referring to. I have them on a AR. I cant say enough good things about them. I use them with a Leupold VX6 1-6 fire dot scope. There is not enough room for co witness flip up iron sights on my rail. These sights lay flat under a portion of the scope both front and rear. Again, push the button and they swing out from under the scope and provide a 45 degree angle, iron sight picture.

They would be a good solution if they worked. I have two sets of them and they often unfold on their own under recoil.

They would be a good solution if they worked. I have two sets of them and they often unfold on their own under recoil.

Are you referring to the diamondhead brand? I haven't had that happen with mine, but if it did, wouldn't the only result be 45 degree iron sights at the ready position?

Yes, Diamondhead. Often just one of the two modules deploy. Either case, they should not deploy at all under recoil

Are you referring to the diamondhead brand? I haven't had that happen with mine, but if it did, wouldn't the only result be 45 degree iron sights at the ready position?

I agree that they shouldn't deploy, but again, if they do, doesn't that just place them at the ready?

No, at that point they won't properly deploy. They have to be reset each time.

No, at that point they won't properly deploy. They have to be reset each time.

So you're saying that they only partially deploy? that wouldn't be good. I'm glad I haven't had that problem. Did you discuss this issue with Diamondhead? What was their solution, if any?

Yes, partial deployment. They told me to send them back for replacement but that they didnt have any to replace it with. That would take months. Not happy with them

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom