Can't kill deer with flame thrower

What’d I miss? Of course you can kill a deer with a flamethrower. Lighter to drag out of the woods too.
Well, here's the story from son Lance in NH. Loaded his new muzzleloader that takes a bullet that is not tight in the rifling but has a short sabot at the back end of the bullet. He used the wrong ram rod which has an internal thread to seat the bullet. The threads caught the ballistic tip in the bullet and when he pulled it out he didn't notice that the bullet came out and dropped on the ground. (still not real light out yet). The powder and sabot were still in the gun. Got into his stand, a doe came by and he fired at it. And all he got was a big flame. He was pissed. Jack.

So....it should have been titled, "SOME PEOPLE can't ....."

[laugh]

Sorry for you son's mishap, but you can always tell him, "That's why it's called 'hunting' not 'catching.'" Wisdom of age, and all.
No need to be sorry for him. His 204lb buck and Little Jack's 110lb doe (both with bow) are already in the freezer. Now all the family hunters are in Maine. Then rifle in NH. Then Mass. 11 deer total last year. they have nothing to complain about. Jack.

You can if it's a Japanese deer. Ask my grandmother's brother-in-law, Sully. Funniest damned guy I've ever met. Used to piss Nanna off to no end. But he was a flamethrower operator in the Pac. Yikes!

No need to be sorry for him. His 204lb buck and Little Jack's 110lb doe (both with bow) are already in the freezer. Now all the family hunters are in Maine. Then rifle in NH. Then Mass. 11 deer total last year. they have nothing to complain about. Jack.
Just got the call. All three sons tagged does today with their surplus tags in Maine. So they all can still take another of either sex. Jack.

Back
Top Bottom