Chief tells the TRUTH that Black People dont want to hear.

I want to play devils advocate here: Please dont take this wrong but which Truth of which does he speak.
In the beginning he touches on the Union- What is the problem with the Union there?

Then he goes onto to say 80% of the criminals and victims are African American in Milwaukee.

Then he brings into the picture "high quality high capacity firearms" What does this really have to do with anything... Go back to the day when the problem was the "Saturday Night Special" cheap small caliper weapons... We need to stop blaming the guns. It is not the guns it is the social or community mindset.

See theres the culture thing. I dont get it myself. In my little mind it appears to be "acceptable" with in the communities a way of life where you may randomly get killed by others with in the community and everything is well "part of the culture". This comes into play in the opiate addiction cirlce also almost all addicts know the out come its just a matter of when.

Now a out side agency or for the conversation the "police" are not part of this "culture" or "community" so when the police do something the community doesnt like they "community"
turns on the police.

Its really a no win for the police....the best chance the police have is to up hold the state and the Republics Constitution.

Now when "police" or any other agencies start to blame the guns/drugs or what ever is the "source" of the problem why is the source there? There are many many many laws against all the criminal activity associated with the ILLEGAL GUNS AND DRUGS. Instead of any real things being done to get the illegal stuff squared away...politicians just make up more feel good laws further restricting lawful citizens.... granted I see Wisconsin gun laws are pretty tame on a quick look up.

I have no real answers to the problems but I just feel anything this officer said has no "truth" that is not already known?

god bless

I want to play devils advocate here: Please dont take this wrong but which Truth of which does he speak.
In the beginning he touches on the Union- What is the problem with the Union there?

Then he goes onto to say 80% of the criminals and victims are African American in Milwaukee.

Then he brings into the picture "high quality high capacity firearms" What does this really have to do with anything... Go back to the day when the problem was the "Saturday Night Special" cheap small caliper weapons... We need to stop blaming the guns. It is not the guns it is the social or community mindset.

See theres the culture thing. I dont get it myself. In my little mind it appears to be "acceptable" with in the communities a way of life where you may randomly get killed by others with in the community and everything is well "part of the culture". This comes into play in the opiate addiction cirlce also almost all addicts know the out come its just a matter of when.

Now a out side agency or for the conversation the "police" are not part of this "culture" or "community" so when the police do something the community doesnt like they "community"
turns on the police.

Its really a no win for the police....the best chance the police have is to up hold the state and the Republics Constitution.

Now when "police" or any other agencies start to blame the guns/drugs or what ever is the "source" of the problem why is the source there? There are many many many laws against all the criminal activity associated with the ILLEGAL GUNS AND DRUGS. Instead of any real things being done to get the illegal stuff squared away...politicians just make up more feel good laws further restricting lawful citizens.... granted I see Wisconsin gun laws are pretty tame on a quick look up.

I have no real answers to the problems but I just feel anything this officer said has no "truth" that is not already known?

god bless

Well said. The guy is spot on and very passionate about the real truths. His mention of high capacity high quality firearms is not inaccurate but it does give the antis, the people he was focusing on that have agendas, more fodder. That being said, we must take the good with the bad if we are to be objective. We can retort by asking how these thugs can acquire these high capacity, high quality firearms if there are laws in place to prevent that. That speaks to the lack of effectiveness of laws in general.

Well said. The guy is spot on and very passionate about the real truths. His mention of high capacity high quality firearms is not inaccurate but it does give the antis, the people he was focusing on that have agendas, more fodder. That being said, we must take the good with the bad if we are to be objective. We can retort by asking how these thugs can acquire these high capacity, high quality firearms if there are laws in place to prevent that. That speaks to the lack of effectiveness of laws in general.

How is it not inaccurate? From what I've seen released by the FBI, high quality, high capacity firearms aren't the most used guns in crimes.

How is it not inaccurate? From what I've seen released by the FBI, high quality, high capacity firearms aren't the most used guns in crimes.

Define high capacity, high quality for me. High capacity could mean more than a 5 shot 38 special. High quality could mean a Smith & Wesson 686 vs a Charter Arms 38 POS. The terms can be taken subjectively and in some cases his statement is not inaccurate. I'm willing to cut him some slack considering his situation in front of all those reporters and the overall message he was able to give. I know many here might not agree and that's OK.

The wrong question is being asked.

The question is not "in which percentage of crimes are high cap firearms used?" but "in which percentage of crimes do criminals fire a 12th round without reloading?". A 33 round Glock extended mag is irrelevant if the criminal only fires one or two rounds or, in many cases, none at all.

The wrong question is being asked.

The question is not "in which percentage of crimes are high cap firearms used?" but "in which percentage of crimes do criminals fire a 12th round without reloading?". A 33 round Glock extended mag is irrelevant if the criminal only fires one or two rounds or, in many cases, none at all.

I agree, but I also think that the chiefs statement is inaccurate on more than one level. Just going by the amount of ammo that gets seized when gangsters are arrested, they aren't blowing through a ton of rounds...

I would much rather him touch more on his problems with the union.
The other topics are not new or any untold truths.....
What is his beef with the union..... could it be the fact that the union makes it very hard to remove officers that are not fit for the job?

Also to add I want to include the "culture" and "community" to any group.
This includes police, unions, gun owners, religious groups ectect....something I left out in my post.

The entire gun thing is just stupid really. If we could actually remove all firearms we would resort back to knifes,clubs,rocks and hands.

I would much rather him touch more on his problems with the union.
The other topics are not new or any untold truths.....
What is his beef with the union..... could it be the fact that the union makes it very hard to remove officers that are not fit for the job?

Also to add I want to include the "culture" and "community" to any group.
This includes police, unions, gun owners, religious groups ectect....something I left out in my post.

The entire gun thing is just stupid really. If we could actually remove all firearms we would resort back to knifes,clubs,rocks and hands.
This. If you take America's non firearm homicide rate, we are still above western Europe and Japan's homicide rates. That indicates differences beyond weapon availability.

Back
Top Bottom