Citizen Use of Force, NH Firearms Laws and Developing a Defensive Mindset Seminar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Citizen Use of Force, NH Firearms Laws and
Developing a Practical Defensive Mindset

Last edited:
Please indicate names & qualifications of those instructing and agencies/organizations sponsoring the seminar. No intent to offend, and I am assuming this will be an excellent opportunity, but more information is needed for NES members to assess.

Many people think that if someone illegally enters your home that this is legal justification for the use of deadly force. This thinking can land you prison!

I can tell you that if someone illegally enters my home I'm not waiting to find out his intention as I assume that by entering my occupied home is in itself an intent to harm. There is a snowballs chance in hell I'm waiting to see what the intruder is planning on doing to my wife or young son. If they broke in I'm pretty sure that it isn't Publishers Clearinghouse with a big check.

So, will the criminal provide their own lube and/or murder weapon or should I leave those items by my front door for their convenience?[rolleyes] You break into my home, you get ventilated.

sorry but I have red flags going up everywhere on this...

Last edited:
It may be informative, but to not introduce yourself, it's like walking into a strangers living room and taking a crap on their rug.

- - - Updated - - -

So, will the criminal provide their own lube and/or murder weapon or should I leave those items by my front door for their convenience?[rolleyes] You break into my home, you get ventilated.

This. You go past the motion sensor lights, the cameras, the beware of dog sign and break into my house, I will be in fear of my life and make sure you can breath out of more than your mouth and nose.

* This seminar will be taught by Full-Time NH Certified Police Officers and SWAT Certified Officers

Legal advice from police. Fantastic.

* It is intended to teach citizens the laws relative to the legally justified use of force to include the Use of Force Continuum and how it MUST be considered in the decisions that you make to defend yourself.

If I'm threatened I will shoot. Simple.

* It will include scenario based training designed for interaction with seminar participants. Scenarios will be discussed based on NH RSA's

Whatevs.

* Castle Doctrine - What it means and how it applies to NH residents

In my castle, doctrine says I shoot you.

* Ethical Considerations regardless of the law

Ethical considerations regardless of the law?? LOLWUT.

* Where you can legally carry a firearm and what, if any permits are required

Really? NH firearms laws are fairly simple.

* What to do if stopped by a law enforcement officer while legally carrying a firearm

Nothing in the law says you have to do a damned thing.

* Proper storage of firearms and what might be considered negligence

NH does not have storage laws.

* Developing a Practical Defensive Mindset using tools that do not require the use of physical weapons, martial arts or memorizing difficult offensive and defensive tactics.

Not necessary. I have a gun.

* This seminar is designed to provide you with the tools and details necessary to defend yourself and your home against criminal activity.

You giving out guns?

* Legal Defense is just as critical to your well being as physical self defense.

That's why I have an attorney.

There will be no firearms allowed at this seminar.

Oh, piss off.

For more information please contact [email protected]

Cop crap indeed.

Look, I just saved everyone twenty five bucks.

A quick trip on Google Earth shows 105 Locke Street in Nashua NH as the Heritage Baptist Church.
Best regards.

Last edited:
This has been sent to numerous other firearms forums, gun clubs, gun shops, etc and the response has been all positive. I am quite surprised at some of the replies to this post. In our battle against gun control a critical factor is attitude. People want to know that gun owners are going to make informed, well-thought decisions on the use of any force to include deadly force. I could give numerous examples of situations when unwanted subjects inside someone's home where shot and/or killed or simply threatened with deadly force and the homeowner suffered greatly for their decision. What makes responsible gun owners different from irresponsible gun owners besides responsibility. I mean this with all due respect to the authors of these replies but I am both surprised and highly disappointed. This would indicate that there are many people out there who appear to be looking for an opportunity to use force and will do so with any perceived justification. One poster said that they don't need to develop a defensive mindset because they have a gun? Really? This is something that i would expect to hear from the people that I deal with during the course of my job. Personally I am a huge advocate of gun ownership of any kind, style, capacity etc. I am concerned however about this these replies. We are only trying to help people make good, informed decisions. Personally whether anyone from this forum attends or not means little. This has really opened my eyes to why many question gun ownership; something I had never really realized or considered in all honesty. Again I mean everything that I said here with the utmost of respect. I am sorry that I posted this and certainly never meant to upset so many people.

Most of the topics you'll be covering are irrelevant to NH forearms owners.

It's ten pounds of shit in a five pound bag ... and overpriced at twenty five bucks.

copcrap,

Let me try to explain a few things (my opinion only):

- People advertising a service that don't ID who they are, the company name, website, personal name elicit suspicion.
- People who join this forum strictly to advertise and don't pay the $21.00 to become "NES Members" (supporting the forum) are frowned upon.
- If someone is a long-standing member of the forum and starts advertising, they have a track record here and people can figure out if they are hot air, or know what they are talking about.
- There are lots of trainers out there, both with LE experience and without. Some are good, some are great and some are not so good. ID'g your company/people gives folks the ability to do some searching to figure out which category your operation falls in.
- NES is a skeptical bunch of folks, we're used to chiefs, LOs, politicians, etc. telling us what we want to hear and then screwing us later.
- There have been numerous 1st post threads like this on NES and they usually get deleted rather rapidly by a Moderator/Admin.

I have nothing to do with the management here, just trying to give you some info about how this place operates from a long-time member. Other forums may operate differently.

Understood. Didn't mean to offend anyone. This has not been an issue on any other forums and completely unexpected on this one. I guess I learn from it and realize that it's just not the place for me. Again, it really does give me cause understand, to some extent at least, why so many non-gun owners question anyone owning a firearm. I guess I just always assumed that law abiding people where automatically responsible. And I know that, fortunately, most are. I will not be at all offended if the post is removed. Thanks for the reply.

It may have something to do with the fact that LEOs (and politicians) have lied too many times and screwed over too many good people. Been there unfortunately. Now these people need to earn respect and trust.
Dont Talk to Police - YouTube

Understood. Didn't mean to offend anyone. This has not been an issue on any other forums and completely unexpected on this one. I guess I learn from it and realize that it's just not the place for me. Again, it really does give me cause understand, to some extent at least, why so many non-gun owners question anyone owning a firearm. I guess I just always assumed that law abiding people where automatically responsible. And I know that, fortunately, most are. I will not be at all offended if the post is removed. Thanks for the reply.

So you are saying that people that have replied to this thread, and on this forum in general aren't responsible people. Good you know you can judge who is responsible and who isn't by several random posts to a single topic.

I would prefer to obtain legal advice from an attorney, not a cop. Many people hear already know that cops make mistakes and also charge people without fully understanding the law. Sorry to say that some cops are bad and will charge an innocent person simply because that innocent person rubbed them the wrong way or didn't bow down to their "authority". This happens often even without a SD incident. Fortunately the tables are beginning to turn and with cameras being smaller and easier to conceal more and more of this is coming to light. Some cops have gone so far as to erase or destroy video. It's one of the main reasons I downloaded an app to stream video live to cyberspace. Granted most cops are generally good, but even the good cops will protect the bad cops instead of outing the bad ones.

It just seems that this does not belong in NH. You're talking about what to do if you're stopped by a cop or what to do if someone is in your home or how to store a firearm. It doesn't seem relevant with NH law at all. So, the fact that this is put on by LEOs makes it sounds like they are the ones who need to go learn the law. It almost seems like a bunch of MA cops are coming up to NH and trying to teach NH folks what to do. Its completely different in NH. Its a useless and pointless seminar and it will probably fill peoples heads with a bunch of stuff that isn't true.

If anyone takes this seminar, they will probably be thinking way too much about irrelevant BS to be able to defend their life. Thats what makes me angry. And for what? NH law is pretty simple and straightforward and typically on the side of the victim, unlike in MA. So, why would you fill anyones heads with useless BS that isn't relevant to NH law? All you are doing is slowing them down if they are in a fight for their life for no reason at all because NH law doesn't apply to any of that nonsense. Shame on you.

Either that or it'll be the other way and people will be shooting others unnecessarily in the name of "safety". Seems that's how it works with "officer safety" anyway.

Eagle II - I respectfully disagree. The good people that We serve do trust law enforcement officers. It's the people that we protect them from that don't.

Beg to differ. I'm no criminal and I have no trust. Most younger people I know agree and I know many from around the country. Older people still have it in their heads that there is some caring by LEOs but the kids have been abused by all the victimless crime enforcement. The kids are the ones who get the harrassment, older people not so much except for those on the fringe. When you see how the weak are treated, thats the future for everyone.
Pro Libertate

I am also teaching a class, targeted towards full time LEO's and Certified SWAT instructers.

- How to double check an address before chainsawing through the wrong door.

- How to articulate justified fear of life after shooting someone's family pet.

- How often should you repeat "STOP RESISTING" once the skinny black kid passes out from your knee pressed into his neck.

- Which cleaner is best to scrape the rust off your sidearm each year when its time to re-qualify?

$20 per person.

As I started to read the original post, I was initially excited about the opportunity to attend this seminar.

So I read looking for the credentials of the lawyer(s) that would be giving this seminar. I had hoped that it would be someone well known or possibly new, but well versed and experienced in NH firearms law. Perhaps someone like Penny Dean, or Evan Nappen. I didn't see any mention of an expert in NH firearms law. Also there was no endorsement by any NH gun rights advocacy group (such as PGNH or GONH).

Copcrap, no disrespect intended, but there are many members of this forum (myself not included) that are very well versed in NH firearms laws, and are not shy about it. I'm sure many of us would like to attend a well run and rounded seminar. If your seminar at least included both the law enforcement's point of view (prosecution) and an attorney's point of view (defense), then it would probably be a BIG HIT and be very well received and attended! Also, may I suggest that if you want your seminar to be a success, I suggest you at least work with PGNH or GONH and get one or both of them to endorse your seminar. If they won't, I think most members on this forum are suggesting that your seminar will be from the viewpoint of 'NH firearm laws from the prosecution/law enforcement', and not from an attorney that is well versed and has a lot of experience in defending NH residents in firearms related legal issues.

As an example, I have heard good things about this 'law day' seminar: Law Day - Don Gorman - NRA certified pistol instructor (please note that I haven't been to one of these seminars, and I'm not involved in any way with them).

Last edited:
Eagle II - I respectfully disagree. The good people that We serve do trust law enforcement officers. It's the people that we protect them from that don't.

A lot of honest people dont trust cops. I dont trust them. And I believe that the majority (with the exception of a few) are a bunch of unprofessional a-holes that think they are god because they have a badge and a gun.

Reality check: most people you serve dont trust you or like you, but they are polite enough or smart enough to not say it to your face.

I even tried to Google using just the date and address and only came up with this thread here on NES and a prayer meeting at 7PM:

Try it yourself: Let me google that for you

Copcrap, please post some links to other places where you have promoted this and it was well received. I really do want to know if this is a legitimate seminar worthy of my time and money.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom