City of Lowell Storage Alert

GOAL

NES Member
GOAL has just been made aware that the Lowell City Council voted last night on a local petition regarding the storage of firearms. This vote apparently came with virtually no notice to local residents.

GOAL is attempting to acquire a copy of the language and could use the help of any local Lowell residents.

According to a news reporter that contacted the office, the legislation would require any person owning more than 10 guns to install a vault, an alarm system and notify police about the storage.

Anyone aquiring the actual language please forward it to [email protected].

Thank you

http://www.lowellma.gov/depts/clerk/ma/agenda.2011-04-29.5612723009

Update, I just spoke to someone at City Hall, she is forwarding me the text of what was voted on later this afternoon.

We will keep you updated as things develop.

I don't see how this is Constitutional. Its like making you build a garage and install a car alarm in your vehicle. I probably shouldn't write this, it may give MA legislators bad ideas [thinking]

WTF? Really??? I'm sure that will totally stop crime, not! Guess the criminals will have to rob peoples houses in other towns to steal firearms...

really?

install a vault? is that the same thing as a safe or will these morons be coming up with building code requiremnts? are they planning to inspect said vaults for compliance?

smells like lawsuit.

I don't see how this is Constitutional. Its like making you build a garage and install a car alarm in your vehicle. I probably shouldn't write this, it may give MA legislators bad ideas [thinking]

Don't you know that the Constitution does NOT apply in MA? [thinking] [rolleyes]

Seriously, cities/towns/MA gov't does what it wants, Constitution be damned. It takes a court case (ONLY in Fed Court, MA Courts are as corrupt as the politicians) to get them to change their ways. Sad but true!

The following says it all! [sad]

Originally Posted by SJC Chief Justice Margaret H. Marshall (Comm. v. Powell (SJC-10783))
"we don't exactly follow the jurisprudence of the Supreme Court..."

Why 10 guns? Does that mean critical mass is achieved at 11 and they all want to escape the house? [rofl]

-Mike

Better order one now before there's a run:

Bank+Vault.jpg

News on the street is anyone with over 10 pair of shoes is required to build dedicated closet.
Will NOT be acceptable to throw them in a pile or hang them off the back of door.

Not only is it basically against the 4th amendment, and indirectly against the 2nd amendment, the whole process is contrary to the philosophy of the constitution in the first place....

"Complaints are everywhere heard from our most considerate and virtuous citizens, equally the friends of public and private faith, and of public and personal liberty, that our governments are too unstable, that the public good is disregarded in the conflicts of rival parties, and that measures are too often decided, not according to the rules of justice and the rights of the minor party, but by the superior force of an interested and overbearing majority"
"By a faction, I understand a number of citizens, whether amounting to a majority or a minority of the whole, who are united and actuated by some common impulse of passion, or of interest, adversed to the rights of other citizens, or to the permanent and aggregate interests of the community."
- James Madison, Federalist Papers No. 10

http://www.constitution.org/fed/federa10.htm

arent you in Lowell now?

Nope I got her and I the hell out of there. Cool lofts, but Lowell isn't what I thought it was going to be. Not saying what city I technically reside in now lol, I don't trust the "outsider" viewers on this.

Thankfully I'm out of there, not sure how the management would feel about me installing a vault that would fit 18' ceilings hahaha.

Looks like I may be renting my house out to section 8 crack heads and moving my hard working, tax paying azz to NH.

Funny thing is the guy who had all his guns stolen last year had them in a "vault" and not in a safe.

Back
Top Bottom