Class III is in the wallet.

Barrel's are not an issue with an FNC. Any gunsmith with experience in barrel fitting can do one for you. If you were the only barrel I was going to do for an FNC and I did not see more on the way you would have to pay a bit more as some tooling must be made to put a barrel on the rifle, Either way it can be done, So shoot away!

Barrel's are not an issue with an FNC. Any gunsmith with experience in barrel fitting can do one for you. If you were the only barrel I was going to do for an FNC and I did not see more on the way you would have to pay a bit more as some tooling must be made to put a barrel on the rifle, Either way it can be done, So shoot away!
Same is true for all the parts from gas block to firing pin, bolt, carrier, etc... They can be made of course, but it is more expensive and difficult than an AR/M16 where you can buy parts anywhere off the shelf with little concern for the quality of workmanship.

This is great news Andy! Looks like it will be just a question of "when" rather than "if" you will get it now based on what was said at your interview. Were you nervous at all?

good for you. You have now become one of the very few of us "Machine Gun license" green card holders and can now join the wonderful and incredibly expensive world of NFA. My first machine gun was my Ruger AC556F and I said that was it. Of course then came the MAC in .45, then Uzi registered receiver in 9mm, then the M16 and finally the Reising SMG. As expensive of a hobby as NFA is, its certainly a fun one.

with any new legislation coming our way in form of semi autos, nothing has been said of how or if it will effect NFA machine guns. Most guys over in the class 3 section at Arfcom and uzitalk dont think NFA will be effected as its in a world of its own and already highly regulated..... plus most politicians dont even have a clue that its legal in the first place.... well see what happens but dont look back. Enjoy your new green card and keep us posted what you get first. Remember whatever you buy first, make sure to include a copy of your green card in MA along with your form 4, certificate of compliance, finger print cards, pictures, 200 check etc when you send the package into the ATF/NFA branch. The wait time for F4 MG transfers now is around 5 to 6 months.

Rob

Last edited:
Congrats Andy! hopefully now you will at least be able to hang onto your soon to be NFA semi autos! Just kidding, but who knows what the heck they will try at this point...

Andy,
If you want to actually shoot thenstuff you will buy I'd suggest two things

1) get setup for high volume reloading of whatever caliper your mg is chambered in
2) buy a MG for which a .22 kit is available.

Look at it this way

30 rounds of

1) factory .223 - $15
2) factory 9mm - $12
3) reloaded 9mm-$3
4) federal value pack .22 - $1

It is pretty aggravating, but at times like these, the economics of putting up with it make more sense than at some other times... [sad2]

I hate shooting .22 FA, the novelty was there with how cheap it is, but it kind of kills the fun IMO atleast. I'd shoot 20mm full auto if i could afford it.

A Vector Uzi is a very good starter. You can get the .22 kit and have a blast with it.

Mike

I agree with you about the UZI, but a MAC is probably the better choice due to the Lage offerings...

Their .22 kits run like a sewing machine, but their suomi max-31 is pure badassery as cheap as it comes[smile]

[video=youtube_share;ncHHNQrJesc]http://youtu.be/ncHHNQrJesc[/video]

Back
Top Bottom