• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CMP M1 Carbines Coming!

The words CMP and quick do not belong in the same sentence.

They already have my notarized form from my M1 order from last month (got one of the last field grade Greek returns) so on April 30 all I'll have to do is mail in the other forms. Although I'll not use the mail and go FedEx Priority Overnight.

My Garand took over a month. I've heard about many cases where it took a long time.

That said, I have no problems waiting that long, because you ain't gonna find a shootable Garand for $425 anywhere else. Especially now that the FGs have sold out.

Got my eye on 1-2 service grade carbines.

When I ordered a spam can of the Greek 30.06 I got it within 2 weeks from the day I sent in the notarized paperwork. I have been waiting for almost two weeks now for my stripped Dane/barrelled receiver Garand order to hit the E-Store. Guess I will just have to wait and see how long it takes.

I was hoping to try and make one of the Appleseed events - and Hartford would be the closest - and I wanted to bring a Garand. I am hoping I have something by April.

When I ordered a spam can of the Greek 30.06 I got it within 2 weeks from the day I sent in the notarized paperwork. I have been waiting for almost two weeks now for my stripped Dane/barrelled receiver Garand order to hit the E-Store. Guess I will just have to wait and see how long it takes.

I was hoping to try and make one of the Appleseed events - and Hartford would be the closest - and I wanted to bring a Garand. I am hoping I have something by April.

Does (or did) CMP ship ammo to the PRM?

Does (or did) CMP ship ammo to the PRM?

Yes. I can't remember the details but I think CMP is able to get around the MA regulations because although it is not a govt. agency it was authorized by Congress - so somehow it falls outside the MA laws.

They will also ship rifles right to your door. You have to fill out the FA-10 form though once the rifle is in your possession.

There has to be somebody at the house to sign for it - I was not home at the time so I went to the Fed-Ex warehouse to sign for the ammo and pick it up.

As soon as I get a little more $$ I am going to start stocking up on 30.06.

Yes. I can't remember the details but I think CMP is able to get around the MA regulations because although it is not a govt. agency it was authorized by Congress - so somehow it falls outside the MA laws.

They will also ship rifles right to your door. You have to fill out the FA-10 form though once the rifle is in your possession.

There has to be somebody at the house to sign for it - I was not home at the time so I went to the Fed-Ex warehouse to sign for the ammo and pick it up.

As soon as I get a little more $$ I am going to start stocking up on 30.06.
Or not. All three of my CMP rifles were standing between my garage doors when I got home. Depends on where you live and how well you know your FedEx driver.
[grin]

I think the difference is that since the MA ammo regulations are bullshit and the CMP is a government affiliated organization, they can easily and safely ignore those regulations. Wouldn't be good for the AG to have Congress looking into abuses on interstate commerce, now would it?

Or not. All three of my CMP rifles were standing between my garage doors when I got home. Depends on where you live and how well you know your FedEx driver.
[grin]

One thing I really like about the CMP is because they use Fed Ex, I can arrange for them to ship to my work address. Did this with my 03A3 and my Greek 30-06 ammo orders because both required signatures.
Unfortunately the local Fed Ex driver is a transvestite so I don't want to know him/her that well.

Back
Top Bottom