CMP M1 Carbines

The quickest way to join a affiliated club is the garand collectors association
http://thegca.org/#
Then simply email cmp customer service with a copy of your email receipt from the GCA [email protected] make sure to include your customer number if you have one or at least as,much info as you can provide.

I never have been asked for a new copy or proof of Birth certificate.

I learned the hard way to just make sure your notary is up to date. I do this a few ways. Every rifle order and with a random mail in order for things like targets,pellets or parts. I make note to up date my notary and affiliation.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone on the south Shore a notary?
Or suggestions on best place to live go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bank,ups stores, local law office here does it for 5$ , town hall if someone is actually there.

Last edited:
order in! usps priority said for delivery Mundee!

i've never even been too bent on getting one for the fact that I couldn't have one for less than $900...so I figure for the price, i'll give it a go and hopefully get a shooter (i could give a shit what MFG it is if it shoots well and has lite muzzle wear).

i asked for USGI wood, so i'm really hoping I get it. I get sad when I open up a goodie package from the CMP to find a new stock. I like the patina/history of the old stuff, even if it's all beat up.

The carbines will come with usgi wood or arsenal replacement. They do not say anything in the description that they might come with new production wood. I don't think that would fly well.
They would put any woodless actions on the cmp auction.

They were the most produced. Plus I have one. Unless of course they have paratrooper Carbines. Then and Inland would be the correct receiver.

Rock-Ola made the fewest, but Irwin Pederson's are the highest collector ones. IP Carbines were never supposed to have been accepted by the military, yet the CMP gets them from time to time from the Military.

Oh and don't get me started on variations.

Anyone got one of these
crosmanright.jpg

I have used GOAL as the affiliated club for years, I believe USPSA is also good to go.

GOAL card is good to go.
Coincidently I just re-upped GOAL last week for 3 year membership, and emailed CMP a photo of my card, so now CMP affiliation is good for three years too.
CMP emailed me back saying I was all set.
Couple days after that I got the email about the Carbines being available.
Somehow I ended up at the post office this morning during break sending a priority letter to Alabama.
The nice lady said it should get there Monday.

I already have a National Postal that my Wife likes to shoot. Paid $500 for it in 2002. So I ordered one, sent 1st Class Mail and should be there on Monday.

Yes, the club must keep up the status.

And CMP doesn't recognize "Sustaining Member" (life) membership cards since it doesn't have a year on it. BTDT so I used one of my gun club membership cards this time instead. Also unsure if they need another copy of my birth certificate but sent it anyway.

Just use the Club member certification form.

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/eligibility-requirements/

A major online dealer has new production, 15 round mags for $9. Can't vouch for the quality, but I ordered a few just so I'd have something.

Last edited:
has new production, 15 round mags for $9. Can't vouch for the quality, but I ordered a few just so I'd have something.

(I don't believe that outing mag sellers is taboo, but if it is, I apologize)

I don't think we should out them for obvious other reasons...But anyway those aren't preban mags of course - assuming you care enough about that stuff...

Yeah, I wasn't even thinking about the ban status. I'm getting ready to move north in a couple of months and I am already starting to forget. I'll have to keep them out of state until I move.

Congrats on getting out.

I filled out the order form, then got a call from the garage stating my car needs new water pump, timing chains, head gasket, etc. No CMP Carbine for me. [crying]

I always wanted a WWII era M1 Carbine but I am unsure how to go about this. I have been on work travel this week and just saw this. So my questions are:

1) To participate do you have to be a member of CMP or just a club that is associated with it in some way (I belong to Braintree Rifle & Pistol which appears on their list) or both?
2) I understand you need to have a notary sign your application but as I live in MA will they ship to my home or do I need an FFL. (I just got my C&R FFL)
3) Am I too late? The earliest I can get my application out would be Monday afternoon.

Sorry for the newbie questions...

I always wanted a WWII era M1 Carbine but I am unsure how to go about this. I have been on work travel this week and just saw this. So my questions are:

1) To participate do you have to be a member of CMP or just a club that is associated with it in some way (I belong to Braintree Rifle & Pistol which appears on their list) or both?
2) I understand you need to have a notary sign your application but as I live in MA will they ship to my home or do I need an FFL. (I just got my C&R FFL)
3) Am I too late? The earliest I can get my application out would be Monday afternoon.

Simply go here
http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/ordering-information/
Down load the complete order form.
Follow the instructions and provide copies of all the info needed.
You can also find info on what forms of ID and paper work is needed.
Short list
Copy of Birth certificate
Copy of any state mandated license for firearms
Proof of range safety MA LTC covers this
Notary....this is needed. Also wait to you get to notary to sign the paper.
Mail in all forms and order sheet with payment method.

I think if you over night it you might have a chance.
If your not dead set on a particular grade order the service grade and request a field grade if service grades sell out.

My order looks like this.....
1 service grade M1 carbine
Below I wrote Secound choice will be a field grade M1 Garand.
I was going to get a field grade for a up coming project so why not.?

REMEMBER WHAT EVER SHIPPING ADDRESS YOU PUT ON THE ORDER FORM WILL BE THE ONLY ADDRESS YOU CAN SHIP TO UNLESS YOU SUBMIT ANOTHER UPDATED NOTARY WITH THE CHANGES.

I would expect these to last longer than a few days. Remember, you are reading a thread in which a bunch of gun crazy NESers are salivating over the prospect of getting an M1 carbine. A few other forums are likely jumping on the bandwagon, but the rest of the population is either clueless about it, or isn't interested. They should be available for at least a little while.

Or I could be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom