CMP M1 Carbines

People not like inlands?or were they the most produced or something. I've got a quality hardwarwe. Some of the Japanese ones I saw posted from SO are neat thought

Inland and Winchester (Winchester designed the round) produced carbines throughout the war. There were other 10 manufacturers that came on board and stopped production at different times during the war. All manufacturers save Winchester and Inland ceased production in April of 1944.

T

order went out today USPS says "it should" be there monday. Any how its one of those things. If it works out good if not thats 700$ for some other fun

People not like inlands?or were they the most produced or something. I've got a quality hardwarwe. Some of the Japanese ones I saw posted from SO are neat thought

They were the most produced. Plus I have one. Unless of course they have paratrooper Carbines. Then and Inland would be the correct receiver.

Rock-Ola made the fewest, but Irwin Pederson's are the highest collector ones. IP Carbines were never supposed to have been accepted by the military, yet the CMP gets them from time to time from the Military.

Oh and don't get me started on variations.

Last edited:
I've already got a nice inland that is very accurate so I'm hoping for a different species. If I do get another inland though, I'll gladly trade with someone here who gets something different.

order in! usps priority said for delivery Mundee!

i've never even been too bent on getting one for the fact that I couldn't have one for less than $900...so I figure for the price, i'll give it a go and hopefully get a shooter (i could give a shit what MFG it is if it shoots well and has lite muzzle wear).

i asked for USGI wood, so i'm really hoping I get it. I get sad when I open up a goodie package from the CMP to find a new stock. I like the patina/history of the old stuff, even if it's all beat up.

Wow those prices are pretty good. I paid more than that for mine years ago. (not from the CMP of course). Mine is an Underwood with Inland barrel. Nice shooter.

I bit the bullet and sent my order for a service grade in by overnight mail a little after 3pm. It will be there by 3pm tomorrow. I feel like I've made good on missing out from "back in the day". 2009-2010 you could get any manufacturer for $600 or less; most were $585 IIRC. Today it is $685, no choice, and only half the manufacturers - but its better than nothing....and $150 less than retail.

Of course I had to order the accessories ahead of time. There is a decent combo deal on eBay right now for a WWII pouch and canvas muzzle cover for $56 shipped. I also ordered from my old friends up North at *** three used magazines, Korean war era D sling, and an IS (International Silver) oiler.

This will be one of the longest threads of the year once we start posting our goodies.

T

Last edited:
and here https://www.inland-mfg.com/Inland-Carbines/M1-1945.html yet to actually see one though

The big problem with the new ones is a lot of crappy parts, non mil spec and a sub moa 3 shot group was lucky IMHO.

with the AO running 700-900$ and the New inlands running 900plus I will take a USGI all day long.

put out a 100% clone for 500$ or so and I might grab one.

Last edited:
It was longer than you think. 8-10 years ago they were $600ish.

I was looking for a M1 carbine around that time and finding them in decent shape was hard enough and dsidnt find any for much less than 650$. I missed the CMP carbines last go around. was lucky enough to snag a rockola few years ago with several mags , slin and oiler for 700$ I have not see any carbines on CMP auction go for less than 900$ all the times I looked.

Wondering what the guys on auction are thinking now? $880 and up and up for a FG/SG? But they do get to pick a Saginaw or a S'G' or a Bavarian return.

T

Remember these do NOT come with a magazine.

They said no requests, so I didn't request USGI wood. My Amoskeag Winchester had an Italian stock. I think the odds are good for getting old wood.

Last edited:
paperwork dropped off about a half hour ago, lady at post office said it should be there tuesday. hopefully there monday as its a priority letter that cost 5 bucks but all's well. garand turnaround time has been reportedly pretty good lately, curious how it will be with these.

I'm a little panicky, I belong to two clubs one I know is/was affiliated with CMP. I searched on there site for it and it does not come up, I'm going to send the application with the most complete info I have and hope for the best. Does anyone know if the club or organization has to keep up with membership with the CMP? The club has ordered 30-06 from them in the past few years.

order is in the mail today, sent priority for Monday delivery, I would bet this will go just like the IHC M1's they have more than most people think. we will see!

I'm a little panicky, I belong to two clubs one I know is/was affiliated with CMP. I searched on there site for it and it does not come up, I'm going to send the application with the most complete info I have and hope for the best. Does anyone know if the club or organization has to keep up with membership with the CMP? The club has ordered 30-06 from them in the past few years.

pay the $30 and join goal for a year. they are an accepted CMP affiliate/club.

I already have a National Postal that my Wife likes to shoot. Paid $500 for it in 2002. So I ordered one, sent 1st Class Mail and should be there on Monday.

Yes, the club must keep up the status.

And CMP doesn't recognize "Sustaining Member" (life) membership cards since it doesn't have a year on it. BTDT so I used one of my gun club membership cards this time instead. Also unsure if they need another copy of my birth certificate but sent it anyway.

pay the $30 and join goal for a year. they are an accepted CMP affiliate/club.

My club comes up on their list, but I misplaced my card. I tried to find GOAL on the list, but it wasn't there. Can you confirm GOAL's affiliation? I don't want to go thru all the crap it will take to get an affidavit to send in.

saw one a month or two ago at my club, nice looking but it has issues. The mags that come with it aren't quite in spec so you get numerous ftf issues. Lots of chinese parts so not a surprise. I guess it also had almost no lube in it when he bought it so he had to drench it in oil to get it working almost well.

By contrast, my USGI Inland has never had a FTF and I think I lubed it once when I first got it. I'll take USGI any day

My club comes up on their list, but I misplaced my card. I tried to find GOAL on the list, but it wasn't there. Can you confirm GOAL's affiliation? I don't want to go thru all the crap it will take to get an affidavit to send in.

Interesting. GOAL doesn't appear in the search results. They were on the list when I renewed back in October. Hmm.

Anyone on the south Shore a notary?
Or suggestions on best place to live go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AAA member? free
your town hall should have one, mine doesn't charge.
your bank? mine has one even small branches and as a customer who doesn't use it all the time, they happily oblige.
just food for thought

Back
Top Bottom