• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Collectible Firearms in Merrimack, New Hampshire

People in southern NH probably already know about the two new gun shops that were recently opened in Merrimack. There is Merrimack Firearms next to DW Diner on old route 3, and Collectible. Merrimack Firearms is, well, a New Hampshire gun shop.

Prices are reasonable, Sig dealer (Like there's a dealer in NH that isn't?), ammo prices are through the roof (As per normal NH gun dealer SOP.), decent selections of both long guns and handguns, etc, etc. Nothing special, really. No particular reason to drop your normal dealer and go there, unless your dealer is obnoxious. These guys seemed really nice, but so is my current dealer, so that's really no reason to switch.

However, this review is about Collectible Firearms, located in the Galaxy gas station (Used to be Cumberland Farms.) plaza, directly next to that terrible chinese restaurant that I can never remember the name of. Something Garden? Whatever. Anyway, I never really expect a NH shop to live up to its name, and I figured Collectible would be a gigantic disappointment and be a typical NH gun shop. As soon as I stepped through the door, I knew I was dead ass wrong.

Directly in front of you as you walk in is a couple of racks of Russkie surplus guns, some Swiss and Austrian surplus, and some French surplus, all long guns. However, the magic happens when you look to the left hand counter. In that glass case is a gold mine of military surplus handguns, from literally everywhere. Sistema Colts, Ballester Molina, Steyr, LUGERS galore, property marked 1911s, Nambus, Webley in .38, I couldn't even name them all. I'm sure I missed some.

Moving on, you come to another case adjoining the first one, and this case shocked the hell out of me. A mint Swiss Luger, Colt AND S&W 1917 revos, a property and ordnance marked Springfield Armory (The real one, not current SA) 1911, French revolver of some type, and several property marked 1911s by Colt and Remington, and possibly an Ithaca. Moving on is a case of Sig P238s, possibly the most out of place case in the store.

After that is a case of ridiculously diverse handguns, ranging from Toks to CZ52s, and many others I've forgotten. One of the coolest parts of the last case is what seems to be an entire collection of Savage auto pistols. I'm something of a gun geek, and I'm at least passing familiar with most American made handguns, but I didn't even know Savage ever MADE pistols. I thought they might be contract guns that Savage had made for them, and stamped their logo on 'em (They look a bit like Astras) but they say, "Manufactured by Savage" on them.

Anyway, moving on is a wall 'o ammo, and Collectible is typical in this regard. Pretty much overpriced, but with some unique types of ammo to be found, including some 7.62x25 chinese stuff, and 8mm Nazi ball ammo. They also have lots of Golden Tiger steel cased, for pretty much any rifle, and some Tula for hunting guns. 150gr SP, steel case, IIRC.

Prices on all guns seem to be in the ballpark of where they should be. The gentleman that owns the shop, Alex, is a big former Russian type, and he seems nice as can be. His salesman, Keith, looks like a run of the mill gun geek like all of us, and is a supremely nice guy. If you like military guns, this is the place for you. If you like old production guns, here's where you should call home. Go visit them. You'll be extremely glad you did. But do me a favor, huh guys? Leave the S&W 1917 alone. That bad boy is coming home with me, very shortly. Don't screw me on this one. [smile]

Hours are M-F til 7pm, Saturday Sunday til 4pm.

Hope this helped. And BTW, all of their C+R guns were in amazing condition. I didn't see a single parts gun in their cases.

I am in no way affiliated with Collectible Firearms, at all. But I'm getting kind of gushy since we don't have many really unique shops here in NH.

Anyway, moving on is a wall 'o ammo, and Collectible is typical in this regard. Pretty much overpriced,

I've been there today, and the ammo prices are the same as in Walmart, at least for the common FMJ such as .380, 9mm luger and 45ACP. Even the hollow points are priced quite competitively. I'm really tempted to stock up on Winchester Ranger law enforcement ammo they carry, I didn't see much of it elsewhere.
Amazing collection of museum-quality firearms!
Where was this guy hiding before?

I've been there today, and the ammo prices are the same as in Walmart, at least for the common FMJ such as .380, 9mm luger and 45ACP. Even the hollow points are priced quite competitively. I'm really tempted to stock up on Winchester Ranger law enforcement ammo they carry, I didn't see much of it elsewhere.
Amazing collection of museum-quality firearms!
Where was this guy hiding before?

No idea. Love the shop, though.

And if you're buying ammo from wal mart at those prices, you're getting robbed. He was at least $1 more expensive than wal mart, and more in most cases. If you don't shoot much, it doesn't matter. But I shoot a lot, and $1-2 per 50 round box adds up when you shot 6-7k a year.

This shop isn't really about the ammo, though. I could care less about that.

I checked it out today on advice from a friend. Definitely catered towards the C&R/military/WWI&II type of gun guy. Some cool stuff too, and the ammo prices seem to be very reasonable. Worth the trip if you're into that type of stuff.

Looks like I need to make a trip up - but can't go with an empty wallet so it will have to wait.

Collectible Arms and Ammo..open in the same small strip mall as the Galaxy Express gas station at 557 Daniel Webster Hwy, Merrimack, NH.
I stopped by the other day and they are worth a trip! No high pressure and a lot of nice weapons. One of the cheapest FFL transfer fee's in the area!
Unlike a number of other gun shops in the area they only charge $20! The ammo selection is limited but good/reasonable prices

Stopped in today because my wife wanted to make a trip up to the LL Bean outlets (Nashua AND Manchester).

Everything mentioned by the OP is spot on. You seldom see so many classic milsurp firearms all in one place (the one exception being Pack and Postal in Lancaster, MA - in a whole different league).

I enjoyed talking with Keith, and while I was there spotted an un-priced Savage 1907 pistol (.380 cal) that was on my "want" list. Keith immediately checked out the Blue Book and Gunbroker for comparisons, and then called his partner to confirm a price. I walked out with a very nice 97 - 98 % gun at better than or equal to the Gunbroker prices, with no sales tax and no shipping. After getting home, I checked it out in the Brower Savage Pistols book. My new gun was one of the last 1907's produced, and one of only about 9800 ever made.

See pics:

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...e-Model-1907-in-380-ACP?p=2167337#post2167337

Happy camper here!

Definitely stop by if you're in the area. Prices were generally high, but I got the impression they would be willing to "haggle." Of course, I'm spoiled by having a C&R license and cutting out the middle man.

Last edited:
Garands? Any Garands?

I don't recall seeing any, but I'm not in the market right now (already have one) so maybe I missed it. Of course, if you'd like a selection of a half-dozen or so Garands to choose from (including a Model D sniper the last time I was there), you need to stop by Pack and Postal in Lancaster.

Closed when i got there! %&#$!!!!

CLOSED UNTIL WEDNESDAY- JAN 4TH
I flew down there to check this place out as I am a milsurp nut. i dont think i have bought a gun younger than 50 years old (or non milsurp) for over a year.
I get there this morning and it is locked up for the holiday.

Picture a 48 year old man with his nose up against the glass looking longingly at the firearms wishing to fondle them.
I felt like Ralphie in "A Christmas Story"looking through the window at the coveted Red Ryder BB gun.

I saw 3-4 Lugers. There were a couple P-38s in the $800 range, 4 Yugo SKSs ($399 each) , I saw Enfields, maybe an Eddystone. There may have been Garands, but sadly i could only tell so much from the window looking at the rack. I did see a paratrooper M1 carbine (repro?) on the counter. and a glass case in the back full of handguns too far for my aging eyes to identify.
This is a cool place! It is not huge, but definately has as much/more milsurp as any where it can think of. Rileys has a rack or two which may tie this place in rifles, but (i am pretty sure) there are more C&R handguns here,,,, if that is your thing.

Regrettably, i will be away on business for the week, so please leave something for me to buy when i stop down next week!!!

ok !
well I got to look today and talk to the owners. They are good guys and worth a stop. I did not buy anything but saw some interesting pieces that have me thinking. I looked at a BYF Mauser for $899 as well as some interesting Rifles. The Yugo SKSs (M59 model) are in outstanding shape and for sale for $399. He also has Nazi Marked ammo if that is your thing. I found it interesting.
If you are into Milsurps, these guys are worth a stop.
He also says to give him a chance on new guns that he can order for you. The transfer fee is only$20!! that is something to keep in mind as well!

no garands to the poster that asked, at least not at the moment

I like this place, I will be back. Next time, I'll bring money!

Last edited:
I went up for a spam can of 7.62.54r. They had the best price for a can that I've seen locally ($100 + no tax). They sell cans, not just cases, which is exactly what I wanted. They had quite a few Mosins of all different flavors; Hexs, M44, ect. Seems like a solid, friendly, no frill gun shop.

Burgermeister just checked again ... no joy on the Garands....sorry!

One thing people should know about them is that they not only have a great selection of used collectable rifles and pistols they also sell new stuff.

If they don't have it they will try to order it for you and they won't rip you off!

I went in last week looking for a specific rifle,... they checked the web stores, gun brokers and the manufacture while I waited!

Quoted me a price $60 dollars below the best price I could find!

Now THATS customer service! (and if you need a FFL tranfer its still only $20)

As for ammo prices... yes Wal-mart is has lower prices... but Collectable is a "bit" smaller than Wal-mart.. also walmart doesn't sell 5.56 tracer rounds you can buy in lots of five or ten !

P.S This summer (June 14th) Merrimack is going to open up a huge outlet mall complex off of exit 10.
Collectible Firearms is just 4 miles up Rt3 from the mall.... hey if your in the area have a look!

Last edited:
I just got back from there 30 minutes ago. The owner is a really nice guy and has a nice selection of collectible long guns and handguns. The case of round receiver Mosins for $99 caught my eye as did the selection of hex receiver Mosins in the rack. I picked up a hex Mosin and ammo and now I'm degreasing like a mad man. The good selection for a small shop, $20 transfer fee and his great attitude mean I'll be going back.

I stopped in the shop today to have a look around. They have a lot of nice stuff there. I saw 4 P38's there and had a fancy for the AC42 that they had. I asked to see it and was promptly given the pistol to look over along with a magnifying glass to see all of the markings. They let me tear it down and everything and gave me as much time as I wanted inspecting it. They are very fair on prices too. This seems like a very nice little shop and should be around for a while. I will be back again and I might just pick up that P38 AC42 the next time I am there when I have the cash on me LOL.

I posted this under the milsurp thread on mosin's but just in case, i just want to say these are good guys. I just picked up a hex mosin from them. they had round mosins at $99.99. Honestly with shipping, you can't do it for this price with a C&R! you also get to do your own handpick and not wonder if the distiributor really did it for you.

7.62X54 ammo is reasonable at $99 a can. I like these guys and this shop. They also have a bunch of sks's on the wall (russians and Yugos) worth taking a look at.

Hex receiver Mosins are also out on the floor for $139.99. You can hand pick those as well. :) There were a few Russian M44's too but it looks like they are already gone.

I stopped in yesterday and it's a nice little shop with pleasant employees. However, they deal primarily in C&R guns so don't go there expecting it to be a full line shop.

they handled a transfer of a sks i sold to an out of state fellow nes member . The guys at the shop are great guys and they stock all the cool milsurp stuff i like so i can see myself spending quite a bit of money here in the future

I just picked up a S&W 642 from Collectible tonight and I had a really postive time at the shop while I was waiting for the check to come back I was giving a history lesson on a couple old rifles a rare 1919 sestroryetsk 91 nagant and a swiss 1868 Vetterli I had a fun time learning and I might head back tomorrow for the sestroryetsk nagant

Another excellent experience with Collectible Arms !! I picked up this pistol (see link) and I was treated right. While I was there they sold an AK-47 with plastic furniture for $349! Yes, it was used but this was a great price. 3 of us looked at it. One kid let it go and the other guy walked over and grabbed it. I thanked him for buying it cause I almost did !! LOL! They opened at 11am and it was sold by 12:45! Still have some nice things there. I saw a nice colt 1911 for $1100. They still have a few $100 nagants left. 3-4 Nagant revolvers , P-64s all at decent prices. They have some modern pistols as well.

I like these guys. They are very real and fair. They seemed pretty busy while I was there waiting my background check.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/155963-Croation-Pistol-PHP-MV-9mm

Thank you for the positive comments here and for starting this thread!! We actually ARE a full line shop... we carry many of the new handguns including Glock, S&W, SAI, etc...but we are also a new business so we are not yet able to carry inventory on the floor that other larger dealers are able to stock. This does not limit our ability to obtain these items however. And we are willing to do so at a VERY aggressive price point to earn business.

We do deal in C&R items and hope this is a nitch the market needs filled, but we are also a dealer for every contemporary manufacture and large national distributor.

We have very competitive ammo prices and a good selection as well. We currently have T-series Ranger in 4 calibers, Tracer 5.56x45, Sniper 8mm Mauser Surplus along with all the standard surplus and current production goodies. Stop by and see us some time and we'll do our best to meet your needs and provide a positive gun shop experience for you all.

Thanks again.

Thank you for the positive comments here and for starting this thread!! We actually ARE a full line shop... we carry many of the new handguns including Glock, S&W, SAI, etc...but we are also a new business so we are not yet able to carry inventory on the floor that other larger dealers are able to stock. This does not limit our ability to obtain these items however. And we are willing to do so at a VERY aggressive price point to earn business.

We do deal in C&R items and hope this is a nitch the market needs filled, but we are also a dealer for every contemporary manufacture and large national distributor.

We have very competitive ammo prices and a good selection as well. We currently have T-series Ranger in 4 calibers, Tracer 5.56x45, Sniper 8mm Mauser Surplus along with all the standard surplus and current production goodies. Stop by and see us some time and we'll do our best to meet your needs and provide a positive gun shop experience for you all.

Thanks again.

Welcome Keith and Alex to the forum.

Mark

Last edited:
I finally got a chance to go to "collectable" today, met Keith and Alex and got an education on hex receivered mosins. The case with the P38's really got my attention, especially that AC42,, Daltrey, you may want to make a move on that in the near future, lol. I didnt see any Garands there or my other weakness, Walther ppk but i am sure that could change anytime.All in all, great store. While it is out of my way I will make a point of going there when in the area. JT

Back
Top Bottom