Coming for your ammunition

I'm not sure even the anti gunners quite understand the "end online ammunition sales" buzzword/agenda.

Basically nothing about it seems to involve lack of background check, just a matter of restricting where we shop. Its as if they think somehow buying online skirts existing laws.

I know anti gun folks want to chip away at anything they can yada yada, but this one is a head scratcher. I bet if you asked Biden and Harris separately they both would have totally different statements describing the reasoning behind it. Seems to be based on a lack of understanding of how existing federal law works.
Huh?
WTAF?

What do you think the goal of the legislation is?

Do you think it's to "reduce crime" or something?

That's not what it's about.
That's not what any of this is about.

Huh?
WTAF?

What do you think the goal of the legislation is?

Do you think it's to "reduce crime" or something?

That's not what it's about.
That's not what any of this is about.
Exactly. Pretty much nothing criminally you would be excluded from doing with 999 rounds vs 1200

I’ll stand by what I said in a previous post. They truly clever antis are going after the PLCAA (Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act). They know if they can get that law repealed Bloomberg and his ilk can fund enough tort lawyers to drive all the manufactures out of business with a rash of nuisance law suits; so no new guns, no new ammo, no new reloading supplies. Guns are durable goods, so the existing ones will still be around. But ammo and reloading supplies are consumables. Eventual all the existing stock will be consumed and guns with no ammo are just clubs (as the British knew in 1775, that’s why they were going after the Colonial’s ammo supplies on April 19). They get what they truly want without having to amend the Constitution to get rid of that pesky 2nd Amendment.

I think we're too comfortable, conservative and cowardly for a "shooting war" these days, especially if they take their time. So many - myself included - will say they have too much to risk plus some variation on "Eh, I've got my reloading supplies." And when I say a generation or two I have in mind 20-40 years. If that seems quick, well, think back to where the popular culture was just ten years ago on matters of critical race theory, sexuality and gender.

I've been saying this for a while now. Conservatives in general have too much to lose by getting into a shooting war with the Gov't. Homes, family, money, jobs, vacations, vehicles etc..... Not saying it's impossible, but it's a hard sell to someone who has lived a good life and would need put all of that aside. I know many will point to the Colonials back in the day and it's a valid point. Unfortunately I don't think the mass populist have the stomach nowadays to do what would be necessary to hold the Gov't to task.

Basically nothing about it seems to involve lack of background check, just a matter of restricting where we shop. Its as if they think somehow buying online skirts existing laws.

I know anti gun folks want to chip away at anything they can yada yada, but this one is a head scratcher.
Now I'm a little calmer.

The goal is to screw with us, to disarm us, to own us.

And whenever they think they have the upper hand,
there is barely pretense at rationality and reason...

Sorry for the excess snark.

When will gunowners say enough is enough and stop the chipping away of our rights? Just when does the blame game stop at FUDDS?
When the inner city Commies reach the city limits or the mason/Dixon line?

I understand your vision is skewed up there in the NE. For those of you that don’t know what it’s like on the outside...you should really plan a visit to America where people have straight up f***ing had it. @Uzi2 is only a few hours from me out here in the heartland and the general sentiment is that the NE and the left coast can go f*** themselves.

I think their intention is simply to make owning and using firearms a pain in the ass in order to win the long term gun culture war, with a side of "We did something!" to appease their base. The harder and more expensive it is to exercise the second, the fewer and less often people will do so. Stack enough of these measures on top of one another and in a generation or two, gun owners could be reduced to a fringe group easily run over by a then disinterested or hostile popular culture.
this is the primary plan

I've been saying this for a while now. Conservatives in general have too much to lose by getting into a shooting war with the Gov't. Homes, family, money, jobs, vacations, vehicles etc..... Not saying it's impossible, but it's a hard sell to someone who has lived a good life and would need put all of that aside. I know many will point to the Colonials back in the day and it's a valid point. Unfortunately I don't think the mass populist have the stomach nowadays to do what would be necessary to hold the Gov't to task.

I think you've been in MA too long with little to no first hand knowledge of people's financial condition and political sentiment beyond its borders.

It's sad to say but I see most local gun stores supporting this kind of legislation. Online sales have been a thorn in their sides for years.
I remember a conversation I had with a Bar owner about the smoking bans.
He like many others thought it was a good idea when the next town over passed it because it would bring more traffic to his place.
He said they all thought that .
Then when it came to his city it was like oh shit .
He told me in hindsight if all the bar owners in all the cities had banded together , they might have beat this shit.
That and as usual none, of the bar owners at the meetings recalled ever seeing any of the big mouths pushing for it in any of their places.

I think you've been in MA too long with little to no first hand knowledge of people's financial condition and political sentiment beyond its borders.

Yeah, I've been in MA for a few years now, but have lived and/or visited many places in my lifetime. My comment still stands. If it came down to it I would hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am. At least not in the numbers that would be needed to overthow our current Gov't.

I think their intention is simply to make owning and using firearms a pain in the ass in order to win the long term gun culture war, with a side of "We did something!" to appease their base. The harder and more expensive it is to exercise the second, the fewer and less often people will do so. Stack enough of these measures on top of one another and in a generation or two, gun owners could be reduced to a fringe group easily run over by a then disinterested or hostile popular culture.
A reasonable hypothesis. ”More difficult” and “more expensive” are two different things. "More expensive" deters those with less resources, while "more difficult" deters those with less time. I only have 4 supressors because of the time involved. I have no "machine gun" because of the expense involved. If automatic weapons were no more expensive than semi-automatic weapons other than the $200 stamp, I’d have several.

Yeah, I've been in MA for a few years now, but have lived and/or visited many places in my lifetime. My comment still stands. If it came down to it I would hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am. At least not in the numbers that would be needed to overthow our current Gov't.

No overthrow needed, just a few minds changed......preferrably from inside the skull cavity to free space.

How has every "prohibition" in US history turned out?

Prohibition
War on drugs
Recent promises of gun control/bans/restrictions

Every time politicians attempt to ban/restrict some inanimate object they end up generating more demand and a never ending source of new people that are suddenly interesting in <insert inanimate object>

I’ll stand by what I said in a previous post. They truly clever antis are going after the PLCAA (Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act). They know if they can get that law repealed Bloomberg and his ilk can fund enough tort lawyers to drive all the manufactures out of business with a rash of nuisance law suits; so no new guns, no new ammo, no new reloading supplies. Guns are durable goods, so the existing ones will still be around. But ammo and reloading supplies are consumables. Eventual all the existing stock will be consumed and guns with no ammo are just clubs (as the British knew in 1775, that’s why they were going after the Colonial’s ammo supplies on April 19). They get what they truly want without having to amend the Constitution to get rid of that pesky 2nd Amendment.
Better choot’em while we still got enough ammo then.

Back
Top Bottom