• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Condition 1 Carry Poll

Do you keep a round in the chamber of your Glock or similar type semi-auto?

• Yes

Votes: 261 92.2%
  • No

Votes: 22 7.8%

• Total voters
Of course you carry with one in the pipe. You never know what situation you may find yourself in...

police-gun.gif

When I'm in Boston, or higher risk areas, I tend to carry my S&W Shield Plus in 9mm with 1 in the chamber and 9 rds in the 10 rd mag. Otherwise, full 10 rd mag, no rd in chamber. So I'm voting No, because I generally stay out of Boston and the like. I do understand it's a bit slower, but I'm more comfortable that way.
Why not one in the pipe and 10 in the mag.
What are you afraid of?

Last edited:
I always carry one in the chamber, and top off the mag. To the OP, I think you'd be better off going either one in the chamber all the time, or none in the chamber all the time, not mixing it up.
This, 100%. Mixing it up is a bad idea. You will need it one day and will rack the slide, wasting an expensive round. Have you seen the price of 9mm?

I think everyone getting COVID is making people stupid.

I am basing this on the recent amount of stupid threads on NES asking about high cap mags, leaving guns unattended, carrying condition 1 or not ...

I was agonizing last week over whether to use hex head or flathead screws to install my 1911 grips. I needed input about which one would make the gun more accurate and reliable.

I stopped myself in the nick of time from starting a thread about it.
/s

Hey, I always Mexican carry when wearing sweat pants and/or warm up pants!
Dude, I have tried that, doesn't work great. Ankle carry for sweatpants and flip flops.

Pocket carry could work, but depends on the pocket design.

[popcorn]

Ps: I wore flip flops to a NES shoot.

I was agonizing last week over whether to use hex head or flathead screws to install my 1911 grips. I needed input about which one would make the gun more accurate and reliable.

/s
I hear the Seals use star head screws. It is the only way to be sure the bad guys will not be able to disassemble your gun during handcombat.

#TacticalLife

/s
I thought you only use flatheads if you can make them line up?

If you do not have one in the chamber and you plan on using your support hand to work the slide you better be sure that support hand is free. Not holding a dog leash, bag, package, child’s hand, door handle, flashlight and on and on….
Or defending yourself against the shit head your about to shoot.

Hold on Mr mugger back off a second so I can use my left arm to rack my slide. 🙄

Back
Top Bottom