Confirmed instances of .pdf/paper FA-10 form rejection by MA FRB

Most dealers use an electronic system these days.

From what I've been told, ALL dealers MUST use the electronic system only.

They need special dispensation by Chelsea to use paper and that is only for when the computer system at Chelsea breaks down . . . they have to call and get special authorization (that's what I've been told by some dealers).

That dealers have the ability to order paper forms as a backup means that the forms can be ordered direct

I wonder how many different library visits it would take to get enough drones to mount a DOS on the eFA-10[devil2]

Prior to the new 1-part forms, I know that dealers had to order them from the printer and pay for them. Mere subjects could get them for free from CJIS or local PD, at least in theory.

I assume that dealers still have to order and pay for them from a state-authorized printer.

1) Do you send the paper FA-10 to Chelsea with certified mail?

2) When the FRB rejects an (old) form that they had supplied, to they send the stuff back via certified mail?

3) All those who assume that one only could use 4 forms per year are forgetting that if you by 6 long guns in NH this weekend, you will need 6 FA-10 forms to "register" them.

--jcr

FYI--this may be old news, but these notices are being handed out by local police departments. Those same departments don't have any paper forms.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333719742.087667.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333719742.087667.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Sorry page 1:

It calls out the e-fa-10, and then proceeds to instruct the user on how to fill out the paper form.

If the paper form were no longer available, the instructions would be depreciated as well.

I see this form as admission that the paper FA-10s are still available and valid.

I picked up four of the "official" 3 part forms from Bourne PD today.

One of the officers told the receptionist/dispatcher(?) woman that they were going to the electronic systems, and then looked at me to make sure I heard it.

She kindly handed me 4 forms, per my request.

Yep, another data point they can use to justify getting rid of the paper forms entirely.

Well done!

As much as I loathe this system, isn't there a nexus point where using it can be better than the alternative, which is not doing the transfer? I mean if two guys run around all day trying to find paper, and they can't get it, do you want them to simply not transfer the gun? So there is sort of a line in the sand where "fighting the man" and "getting what you want" crosses paths. There is an obvious third way, too, but that pretty much implies that someone will be breaking the law.

Ironically enough I think some people have likely gone the third way, intentionally or otherwise, already, due to frustrations in terms of complying with this system. I was at an MA gun shop the other day, and ran into one guy who told me exactly that. The discussion of private transfers came up, and he said more or less "I sent one in, they rejected it.... I just took everything they sent back and threw it into the shredder. I already sent them the form once before, all filled out right... all easy to read. What is their problem with this??? Why the **** should I have to do it over again, when I made a good faith effort to comply with the law!!!???" He was pretty pissed about the whole thing, and I can't say that I blame him for feeling that way.

Further it's been proven that Guida and company probably don't need to answer to anyone but U-haul.... so what makes you think that they will even need justification for not accepting paper anymore? As it stands now FRB/CJIS is basically making up policy on a whim to suit whatever its agenda is. My guess is that agenda consists of pissing off gun owners enough to make them behave as criminals, and getting dumbasses to report transfers under circumstances they are clearly not obligated to. (if you read the verbiage on the E-FA-10 instructions, it's pretty apparent they want people to register anything and everything, and report everything, despite the fact that the laws regarding reporting of transfers are very constrained and specific compared to these instructions. )

-Mike

It calls out the e-fa-10, and then proceeds to instruct the user on how to fill out the paper form.

If the paper form were no longer available, the instructions would be depreciated as well.

I see this form as admission that the paper FA-10s are still available and valid.
My only concern is the top of the form where it notes that the paper form was "replaced" by the eFA-10. The CHSB could be of the official position that the instructions are simply for people with leftover forms.

The Springfield PD is handing out a photocopy of the new form's instructions saying that all transactions need to be done by computer. The clerk did say that they got no guidance from Chelsea, but they got the instruction sheet from a resident... The fact that the new forms exist, as evidenced by the instruction sheet's availability makes no impression.

Sent from my way-too-expensive cell phone using Tapatalk. Please excuse spelling errors and missing links.

i just got a PDF copy kicked back to me and rejected. thanks, a**h***s. i definitely have nothing better to do than all this shit TWICE.

EABOD, MA!

They sent me a new form with the kickback and a letter stating Serialized new forms are available at ALL PD's in Mass, what a crock!

this. ALL PDs... [rofl] sure, guys!!!

i used their shitty electronic system and put down the original transfer date so it matches my paperwork. if they have a problem with that then they can be told to eat my warm excrement. this state is ass-backwards full retard.

this. ALL PDs... [rofl] sure, guys!!!

i used their shitty electronic system and put down the original transfer date so it matches my paperwork. if they have a problem with that then they can be told to eat my warm excrement. this state is ass-backwards full retard.

You would *have* to put the original date of transfer. That's when it happened.

What we really need is a unanimous agreement among gun owners to peacably resist by not filing the forms on private transfers.

They could prosecute dozens or hundreds, but if EVERYONE stopped filing, the backlog for prosecuting the violators would take decades.

Yeah I know. Pipedream. Never happen.

I just called the FRB looking for paper forms. The person who answered stated they can send them to you local PD on your request (basically as a notification that they're out--not specifically just for you), but will not send them to individuals. Go figure.

I just called the FRB looking for paper forms. The person who answered stated they can send them to you local PD on your request (basically as a notification that they're out--not specifically just for you), but will not send them to individuals. Go figure.

They say this but from most appearances FRB is rarely following through. FRB is also lying to the PDs- telling them that paper forms are no longer available, so this makes the PD stop requesting the forms. The whole thing is a big circle jerk.

-Mike

You would *have* to put the original date of transfer. That's when it happened.

What we really need is a unanimous agreement among gun owners to peacably resist by not filing the forms on private transfers.

They could prosecute dozens or hundreds, but if EVERYONE stopped filing, the backlog for prosecuting the violators would take decades.

Yeah I know. Pipedream. Never happen.

To be honest I don't think it (full out civil disobedience) would do anything, because even as it stands now, S128A/B prosecutions are rare. They would just keep up the "selective enforcement" schtick like they do with most MA gun laws. Same thing happens with the AWB, etc. The law itself is not frequently enforced, but the state loves to keep the "threat" of it out there to scare people into being obedient.

-Mike

Called the FRB and was told "you must use the electronic system". The lady on the other end seemed very frustrated when I informed her that there was a paper form and that I did not have the ability to use the electronic form. She said she would send some to the local PD.

Immediately called my local PD to ask if they had any forms, was given the standard line (no more forms). Let the officer know that there actually are forms and the FRB said they will only send to PD on request. The officer transferred me to the person who handles all of the paperwork/forms and I left a detailed message with contact information (at the FRB) and instructions to get FA-10s sent.

Hopefully if enough people call the local PDs they might start calling the FRB and get the ball rolling...

I just did my first registration on line using the Eform. It went through without a problem. Got a PDF print out. Is this common before they kick it back with some issue? I hope not. I have a few Paper FA10's. Hopefully I do not need to do this twice.

I just did my first registration on line using the Eform. It went through without a problem. Got a PDF print out. Is this common before they kick it back with some issue? I hope not. I have a few Paper FA10's. Hopefully I do not need to do this twice.

The kick backs are happening with the fallible PDF's that you have to mail in. They wont take those any more. If you used the online system (I refuse to, it justifies its miserable existence) then your fine.

So whats next? Guida is going to hire that guy from Seinfeld to answer the phone, so when you call they go " NO FORM FOR YOU!"

Scumbags.

-Mike

I just got my 8 forms back... of course they didn't throw in a couple of extras, just enough to re-do my FA-10s. I wonder what would happen if I didn't receive their letter telling me that they didn't process my previous submission? [insert whistling trouble-maker smiley here]. I mean, I complied with the law by mailing it, right? And even though the PDF is not currently found on their website, it was the official form for at least a short while.

They'd rather spend $1.70 to mail this packet back to me than to write a number on the top of the form.

I am going to take the cover letter to my local police department to show them that they should be ordering the forms...

What a circus, they have us running around in circles like a dog chasing its tail

This nonsense has got to stop.
I think its the one part of MA gun laws that we have a chance of fixing, its a waste if all taxpayers money.

Maybe I just like to obey laws and am an idiot, but the law specifically says it must be "mailed" within 7 day.

If it gets mailed, seems like the law s satisfied. If you do it online, then not so much.

Has the wording of the law changed? If you mail it and they reject it, has the law not be met? I am just required to mail it. Once that is done, I did my part.

Do not take this as advice, I am sure I am wrong, since I am going by what the law says, not what they want it to say.

Back
Top Bottom