Confirmed instances of .pdf/paper FA-10 form rejection by MA FRB

Also how do you get the buyers signature on the online form. I could give my info to a dishonest seller and now that he has my info, he could file forms claiming I bought more guns from him because as the buyer, I am not signing anything.

Maybe I just like to obey laws and am an idiot, but the law specifically says it must be "mailed" within 7 day.

If it gets mailed, seems like the law s satisfied. If you do it online, then not so much.

Has the wording of the law changed? If you mail it and they reject it, has the law not be met? I am just required to mail it. Once that is done, I did my part.

Do not take this as advice, I am sure I am wrong, since I am going by what the law says, not what they want it to say.

Step 1. Fill out a paper form... be it a 3 part carbon copy, or a printed fill in the blank pdf.
Step 2. tear off copies, or make copies of your pdf
Step 3. keep one for yourself, one for the other party, and mail one in

drink a beer, you're done.

[hmmm] hmmm, I never received a rejection letter...

Step 1. Fill out a paper form... be it a 3 part carbon copy, or a printed fill in the blank pdf.
Step 2. tear off copies, or make copies of your pdf
Step 3. keep one for yourself, one for the other party, and mail one in

drink a beer, you're done.

[hmmm] hmmm, I never received a rejection letter...

Damn! I knew I missed a step! [laugh]

How are errors detected / corrected?

If an incorrect number is overwritten or struck through, do they manually correct the error?

Do they notice / correct spelling errors? How about omissions (forgetting to check the rifle/handgun or caliber/gauge/mm boxes)?

I wonder if they even look at them. For some reason I think they just toss it into a big pile on someone's desk that is out on an extended leave of absence.

I wonder if they even look at them. For some reason I think they just toss it into a big pile on someone's desk that is out on an extended leave of absence.

250x310px-LL-289fafa7_250px-MiltonStapler.jpeg
milton-office-space.jpg

Since the rejection letter clearly states that those forms have not been recorded... do you think that they'd even notice if you didn't re-submit on new forms? [devil2]

It is my belief that the claim the form was not scanned is a lie.

Well, there is a way to confirm this. It probably doesn't appear on the sellers end, but if the buyer wants to pay the fee and go through the BS, they can get a report from CJIS that supposedly lists all the guns "in their name". If the PDF-transferred gun appears on the list, then you would know that they lied. [laugh]

-Mike

Not to rob the thread but I just picked up a FA 10 form at a local PD and they were printed copies (no boxes, no carbon back up). I figured if they were handing them out we would be alright. So I used them to do a ftf trade with a guy. So there most likly gonna come back huh? This state sucks.

Not to rob the thread but I just picked up a FA 10 form at a local PD and they were printed copies (no boxes, no carbon back up). I figured if they were handing them out we would be alright. So I used them to do a ftf trade with a guy. So there most likly gonna come back huh? This state sucks.

Well, it all depends on what the form looks like. I know ones generated with the PDF are getting rejected. I am unsure what the criteria they are using for rejection.

It would be funny as hell if they quickly glance at the form and reject them if they are typewritten, but accept the ones that have handwriting in the boxes. [thinking]

-Mike

You are required to file an FA-10 or eFA-10 within seven days of the transfer, using a form furnished by the FRB. The method of distribution of these forms is mandated by the FRB. They distribute the forms to the Police Departments and the PD distributes the forms to the people. The people fill it in and mail it in. You have completed the cycle and met your full obligation to the law.

If the FRB dishonors your filing, you will have to decide if you are willing to face the potential consequences of ignoring their rejection or refiling. Some here say the FRB will ignore the passive resister, I dunno.

It blows my mind that my local pd said I have to do it on line and they dont provide the forms any more( after they told my wife, when she tried to pick some up for me I had to print them off line). Then I go to another PD, and they give me a printed copy of the form. I fill it out by hand (there are no boxes on this form) and it could be rejected. These police departments have to get with the FBR and figure this thing out. We the people of Massachusetts are getting a raw deal. Why dont the PDs do us a favor and request this form for us. So at least we are able to COMPLY with the law, with out going on the computer.

Sorry for my rant, but dang. We pay these people.

It blows my mind that my local pd said I have to do it on line and they dont provide the forms any more( after they told my wife, when she tried to pick some up for me I had to print them off line). Then I go to another PD, and they give me a printed copy of the form. I fill it out by hand (there are no boxes on this form) and it could be rejected. These police departments have to get with the FBR and figure this thing out. We the people of Massachusetts are getting a raw deal. Why dont the PDs do us a favor and request this form for us. So at least we are able to COMPLY with the law, with out going on the computer.

Sorry for my rant, but dang. We pay these people.

Think about it for a minute... what's really in it for either of those entities to help you sell a gun? Nothing much, really. They have no incentive to help you. Obviously they are not doing their job, but what recourse do we have? FRB is executive office thing, basically controlled by Deval's underlings. Nothing will change there unless some political problem emerges over their practices.

-Mike

Snubking, Jason Guida is doing his job. He was hired by Patrick to make lawful gun owners' lives as difficult as possible, so that is exactly what he is doing.

Got another back yesterday, tried to trick them by printing off the pdf and filling it in with pen but they caught it [laugh]

Atleast theyre still sending a real one to fill in with it each time one gets denied.

el duderino said:
Got another back yesterday, tried to trick them by printing off the pdf and filling it in with pen but they caught it [laugh]

Atleast theyre still sending a real one to fill in with it each time one gets denied.

This is what I do, let them mail me the form they want me to use because i complied with the law already and I can't seem to find the "new" form any anywhere else.

I was able to find some new 1 page serialized forms at a PD the other day. I also found some real 3 part FA-10 forms as well. I did call the DCJIS and told them Worcester 'doesn't have any', and they said they would mail them a bunch. I haven't had a chance yet to get to the WPD to see if they actually got them, or if they would even pass them out. I always get told by WPD to use the online system, and that paper forms are not allowed. I love local PD's wealth of knowledge, and total jack-ass-ery.

So, I will try and get there soon to see if they will give me some. I can't wait for this encounter. I don't think I am brave enough to tell them I called the DCJIS for them to request some forms. [laugh]

... I did call the DCJIS and told them Worcester 'doesn't have any', and they said they would mail them a bunch. I haven't had a chance yet to get to the WPD to see if they actually got them, or if they would even pass them out. I always get told by WPD to use the online system, and that paper forms are not allowed....

So, I will try and get there soon to see if they will give me some. I can't wait for this encounter. I don't think I am brave enough to tell them I called the DCJIS for them to request some forms. [laugh]

I know you put a smiley, but it is ridiculous that someone would actually have to type that they are "brave enough" to force the police to do their jobs. Of course, that they have to even HAVE a form is an entirely DIFFERENT CONVERSATION.

I know you put a smiley, but it is ridiculous that someone would actually have to type that they are "brave enough" to force the police to do their jobs. Of course, that they have to even HAVE a form is an entirely DIFFERENT CONVERSATION.

Yes indeed. At this point, I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Bump, mailed a colored, hand-filled in copy on 6/25... no problems so far.

Spoke too soon... I got a rejection letter today with a paper FA10.

Haven't people in this thread been talking about for a while now how the DCJIS is no longer accepting the PDF's? What am I missing?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom