• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Corporate weenies suck!

Twigg

NES Member
Alright I've been out of circulation for almost 4 years but when did Dick's stop selling anything gun related? I stopped in at the Keen, NH store because I wanted a couple cases for my rifles and there wasn't one single "anything" gun related. [angry2]So I went next door to Wall-mart, Nothing. [rolleyes] Yes, I know I'm in NH and don't need to transport my firearms in locked cases. But in the near future I've got an assortment of ham handed gorillas coming to take 80% of the contents of my home and move them to the new place and I want to minimize dents, dings and boo-boos on my babies and I'm not comfortable just tossing them in the back seat.
Enen Sam's was all out of cases. I wound up using amazon for two double rifle cases. I've had good luck with them and hopefully they'll arrive on time.

Oh yeah, Sam's had a 1 box per caliber limit on ammo. [angry2][angry2][angry2][angry2]WTF?

Everything you need to know, you can find right here on NES.

There's also a Wal-Mart ammo megathread, but you can dip your toes into that one on your own. Might have some info on cases.

Everything you need to know, you can find right here on NES.

There's also a Wal-Mart ammo megathread, but you can dip your toes into that one on your own. Might have some info on cases.

What's funny about that is @Twigg replied to that very thread on page 1

... in the near future I've got an assortment of ham handed gorillas coming to take 80% of the contents of my home and move them to the new place and I want to minimize dents, dings and boo-boos on my babies ...
You just know what's gonna happen if you let them move your guns...
UfPL.gif

#NoMonkeyPox

Last edited:
Oh man. [rolleyes] I blame the TBI & amnesia from gettin' my brains scrambled. [laugh]
MsHappy is a nurse. Once in report (where one shift tell the following shift what happened in the previous 8 hours), someone said, "Patient X is vague as to previous episodes of amnesia."

I'm moving the gunz & ammo myself they're moving an 800 pound safe. My son knows two of the guys from Eagle scouts. I'd trust any eagle, those guys earned respect.
Every garden has some weeds.

No subset of society is free from dirtbags and villainous scum.

Charles Whitman was a Marine and an Eagle Scout.

Most if not all moving companies will not handle firearms or ammo. I mean they will, but don't be surprised if a lot of it comes up missing and they won't honor any insurance claims because you violated their TOS.
Oy... you don't lose coverage for violating TOS (that being said, moving company coverage is absolute crap to begin with).

Oy... you don't lose coverage for violating TOS (that being said, moving company coverage is absolute crap to begin with).

Maybe I misunderstood.. The way I took it was that a moving company will not move firearms or ammo.. If you do sneak them in with your stuff and they come up missing, you are shit out of luck.

Maybe I misunderstood.. The way I took it was that a moving company will not move firearms or ammo.. If you do sneak them in with your stuff and they come up missing, you are shit out of luck.
I moved last year, moving co had no issue moving my guns and ammo (ammo was a bitch, weighed a ton). I moved my office a year earlier, they had no issue moving it then either (I have as much stored at my office as at home). And yes, I told them what they were moving. Both were short hops so I wasn't overly worried about them absconding with things.

I moved last year, moving co had no issue moving my guns and ammo (ammo was a bitch, weighed a ton). I moved my office a year earlier, they had no issue moving it then either (I have as much stored at my office as at home). And yes, I told them what they were moving. Both were short hops so I wasn't overly worried about them absconding with things.
I should have shopped around :)

Alright I've been out of circulation for almost 4 years but when did Dick's stop selling anything gun related? I stopped in at the Keen, NH store because I wanted a couple cases for my rifles and there wasn't one single "anything" gun related. [angry2]So I went next door to Wall-mart, Nothing. [rolleyes] Yes, I know I'm in NH and don't need to transport my firearms in locked cases. But in the near future I've got an assortment of ham handed gorillas coming to take 80% of the contents of my home and move them to the new place and I want to minimize dents, dings and boo-boos on my babies and I'm not comfortable just tossing them in the back seat.
Enen Sam's was all out of cases. I wound up using amazon for two double rifle cases. I've had good luck with them and hopefully they'll arrive on time.

Oh yeah, Sam's had a 1 box per caliber limit on ammo. [angry2][angry2][angry2][angry2]WTF?
Pelletier's in Jaffrey always has cases

Walmart is weird. I think they stock for the local area. Gilford NH has rifles, shotguns... looked like some Ruger, Savage maybe Remington. And Tilton maybe15 miles? down the road... nothing.

Corporate Weenie? I prefer the title Corporate Schlong and find the weenie moniker to be discriminatory and offensive.

Walmart varies by location. I've seen some with more AR accessories than your average LGS. Also Walmart's website has ~347 hits for Magpul stuff. I've never thought of Dicks as somewhere to go for anything gun related.

Back
Top Bottom