Cruiser shot in Millis

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the story played out as described by the MPD, then I understand why there may be problems with the vehicle and suspect descriptions. No matter how much you train, you are going to experience shock the first time you are fired upon. I know a fair number of cops, and I'd say they are good cops. I consider some of them to be good friends of mine. Not one of them have been fired upon. When you are driving one second and under fire the next, you are probably going to go into instant panic mode. You can receive all the training in the world, but when you are under fire you are under great amounts of stress. Certain details may become fuzzy during this time. Life threatening and traumatic experiences weigh in you like you wouldn't believe. While certainly not the same, (I am not trying to get the poor me pat on the back) I experienced shock when I found my father when he hung himself. I immediately went into panic mode. I experienced extreme tunnel vision, my heart felt like it was going to explode, I was breathing in and out like I just sprinted a mile, I am very surprised I didn't hyperventilate. If the story played out like the MPD described, I wouldn't be surprised if the patrolman experienced similar effects.

I know we train, I know we take classes, read articles, etc. But until your ass is in the middle of fire you really don't know how you or anyone else will react.

In NRA PPIH and PPOH we teach about the adrenaline dump and stress you are likely to feel in a crisis mode. I relate a couple of personal experiences (not involving guns) where I've personally encountered this. Shock also can "freeze" you for a finite amount of time which will vary greatly between people and events.

Problem with that is the car crashed and got set on fire after being shot. It's tougher to find a bullet hole in a smashed up torched car.

Not so. And they will likely find the bullets and be able to do forensics on them.

Problem with that is the car crashed and got set on fire after being shot. It's tougher to find a bullet hole in a smashed up torched car.

Have you watched CSI before? They can do/find anything....

In NRA PPIH and PPOH we teach about the adrenaline dump and stress you are likely to feel in a crisis mode. I relate a couple of personal experiences (not involving guns) where I've personally encountered this. Shock also can "freeze" you for a finite amount of time which will vary greatly between people and events.

Not so. And they will likely find the bullets and be able to do forensics on them.

Have their been pictures of the car posted? I haven't noticed them yet. I'm thinking something like this:

554784_630x354.jpg

with added fire would be hard to find a bullet whole depending on where it was hit.

You're welcome.

Neg back. I really don't give a crap. Someday some of you big tough cop haters will need a cop. I know you think you won't.

-1 Never will call. Don't need some hipster trying to make a name for himself digging thru my crap.

Sorry guys, and to those good cops out there, but your team of brothers cause more problems than they fix. And to those who claim "don't want to rock the boat", you're part of that problem.

On the radio this morning it sounded like the police weren't willing or able to confirm that the cruiser was actually hit.

How about the witness that was videoed, stating, " I heard the crash, but did not hear any tires skid squeal noise." Well how about before /during/ after the crash, how many shots did you hear? If you heard the crash, you certainly would hear gun shots. This would answer all the questions of this that or the other.

Alpine may be on to something. People wouldn't selectively hear these kinds of noises.

I'm not sure about that. There is a house being built down the street from me. There is so much banging going on that it sounds like I'm down the street from a range. If shots really did go off, I'd assume it was the construction guys. Screeching tires or a car crash, though, would make my head pop up. If I was asked how many 'shots' I heard before that, I'd have zero idea since I'm on ignore mode when it comes to loud bangs.

anyone else feel as if this story is a tad concocted? anyone know if they run tox screens on cops after accidents?

Others in this thread do; I so far have seen nothing that yet makes doubt the officer's word. If he was trying to cover up a car crash, that is one ridiculous way to do it, and any cop would know he'd get caught up in this due to a thorough investigation.

anyone else feel as if this story is a tad concocted? anyone know if they run tox screens on cops after accidents?

I would guess so, especially if it involved him discharging his weapon. But that's only a guess.

In related news, I'm all for a good coverup story but this one is off the heezy.

You know guys my instinct is leading me to believe that this could be very much like a volunteer fire fighter lighting fires and calling them in. I am not saying that it is, but something isn't on the up and up.

It very well may be. One way or the other we will get a more informed story..... maybe not all the details, but something.

says it was updated two hours ago....

http://www.whdh.com/story/29944656/police-searching-for-suspect-who-shot-millis-police-cruiser

MILLIS, Mass. (WHDH) -Massachusetts State Police are searching for a suspect who allegedly fired shots at and struck a Millis Police cruiser on Forest Road.
Police, however, no longer believe the suspect is in the immediate area.

The cruiser was struck, crashed into a tree and then caught fire, according to State Police.

The officer with the cruiser was taken to Norwood Hospital and later released. The officer's family says he is recovering well.
Also, Millis Public Schools will be closed on Thursday, Sept. 3. On Wednesday morning, Millis Middle School received two threats but police do not believe they are connected to the shooting. Police said they are closing school as a precaution.
The suspect fled the scene, police said. The suspect is described as a white man driving a dark-colored or maroon Ford F150 pickup truck, police said. The suspect used a black handgun, police said.
State Police detectives along with ballistics experts, crime scene technicians and fire investigators are also investigating the scene.
Neighbors have been told to stay inside through reverse emergency calls.

According to police, the officer, who was on routine patrol, returned fired with three shots after he was shot at. The suspect fired two or three rounds at the officer..

Stay with 7News as this story develops.

"two white guys" but do they identify as white? today we must ask this question.

Ok, so did the threats to the school happen before OR AFTER the car crash?

Maybe he called the threats in too!!!

What a tangled web.

You know guys my instinct is leading me to believe that this could be very much like a volunteer fire fighter lighting fires and calling them in. I am not saying that it is, but something isn't on the up and up.

Careful, fivepak will neg you like he did 5 others for posting opinions questioning the story out there now.

It very well may be. One way or the other we will get a more informed story..... maybe not all the details, but something.

Unless it is bad for the PD, then they'll let it fade away quietly.

Last edited:
Unless it is bad for the PD, then they'll let it fade away quietly.

The PD will try, but the media will still be all over it. With all the police shootings and anti PD stuff going on, the media would love to expose a false attack story.

Last edited:
I thought cars exploded from gunshots only in the movies!

The officer with the cruiser was taken to Norwood Hospital and later released. The officer's family says he is recovering well.

The sergeant talking to the media this morning said that officer involved had no "physical" injuries of any kind, and it sort of felt like he went out of his way to say it. Just seemed strange - usually when there's a car hitting a tree and bursting into flames you can expect them to report "minor injuries" at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom