Cruiser shot in Millis

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know guys my instinct is leading me to believe that this could be very much like a volunteer fire fighter lighting fires and calling them in. I am not saying that it is, but something isn't on the up and up.

I think someone else already did this earlier in the thread, but the "returned fire" part of the story makes absolutely no sense.

If both vehicles were traveling at just 30 mph and the patrol car stayed on the road for one second after the two vehicles passed before hitting the tree or whatever, the physical separation of the LEO and the pickup truck would be like this.

One second: 88 feet
Two seconds: 132 feet
Three seconds: 176 feet
Four seconds: 220 feet
etc.

Let's be generous and say the LEO was out of the wrecked patrol car, on his feet and shooting at the pickup truck in 10 seconds. At that point the pickup would be 484 feet away, and that's with the pickup maintaining its leisurely 30 mph pace. If the pickup accelerated after shooting at the patrol car, as you do, it would be 600 feet or more away.

So the LEO opens fire with his sidearm on a vehicle that's 200 yards away?

The other implausible fact is the patrol car caught fire after a single vehicle frontal collision. I would have to rate that as highly unlikely.

I just cannot believe they actually closed the schools down. What a blanking country we are in now.

Neighbor Ken Whelan said he was in his backyard when he heard a sound he likened to “metal crashing into a tree.”

Whelan went to two nearby intersections and found roads blocked off.

“They told me, ‘Move along, it’s something you don’t want to see,’ ” he said. “The police were already there, so I turned around and left.’’

What didn't he want to see? A car fire? Who the hell doesn't want to see a car fire?

The sergeant talking to the media this morning said that officer involved had no "physical" injuries of any kind, and it sort of felt like he went out of his way to say it. Just seemed strange - usually when there's a car hitting a tree and bursting into flames you can expect them to report "minor injuries" at least.

Yeah, I don't know how fast he was going when he hit the tree. Was gas already leaking fro the car being shot? Cars fold up easier these days so it doesn't look like the impact was huge. plus seat belt and airbag....was he wearing his seat belt? I don't know. I'm glad he didn't suffer any physical injuries. But yeah, you would think a cut or a scrape or at least a bruise.

Got shot at X crashed X caught on fire

It gets exponentially more unbelievable.

Got shot at X crashed X caught on fire

It gets exponentially more unbelievable.

You guys get exponentially unbelievable. Railing that the cruiser wouldn't burn from being shot, then calling bullshit when the explanation for the fire is offered. Tell you what, I know where there's a private road we can use, and a beater car. You get in it, cruise along at 30-40 mph, and I'll ambush you. You can shoot back, and there will be waivers signed, but there will also be some weird shit happening with the car (i.e. you will lose control of it, it will crash ito something, and may even catch fire[shocked]). ****ing keyboard commandos are getting pretty tiresome.

You guys get exponentially unbelievable. Railing that the cruiser wouldn't burn from being shot, then calling bullshit when the explanation for the fire is offered. Tell you what, I know where there's a private road we can use, and a beater car. You get in it, cruise along at 30-40 mph, and I'll ambush you. You can shoot back, and there will be waivers signed, but there will also be some weird shit happening with the car (i.e. you will lose control of it, it will crash ito something, and may even catch fire[shocked]). ****ing keyboard commandos are getting pretty tiresome.

my body is prepared. i volunteer to help with the ambush. sorry about the car, atmay. we need to do this.

The reports are the Cop was / is a communications officer. Not sure what that is? Hadn't even completed the academy yet...I don't know, I'd hate to think he / she staged this to makes themselves look like a hero. Something is not right with this picture. So tell you what, if this ends up being a BS story. You drive the car in the above scenario. If I am wrong I will make a donate to NES?

https://twitter.com/jessicamreyes?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Last edited:
The reports are Cop wasn't even a full time officer. Hadn't even completed the academy yet...I don't know, I'd hate to think he / she staged this to makes themselves look like a hero. Something is not right with this picture. So tell you what, if this ends up being a BS story. You drive the car in the above scenario. If I am wrong I will make a donate to NES?

https://twitter.com/jessicamreyes?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

I'm making no claims as to the veracity of the story. I'm just amazed at the people playing both sides of the fence on this; people who've never been shot at, some of whom have never had a cross word uttered in their direction I'd bet. Only time and an investigation (I know, the thin blue line will hide this[thinking]) will show what actually happened, not the newspapers.

I noticed that site was uncharacteristically quiet about this. I didn't see a thread had been deleted.

The thread you linked doesn't seem incriminating or even all that volatile. All it really says is hoping for the best and the officer was discharged from the hospital last night.

As I used to say to my wife when the kids weren't making much noise, "it's quite... TOO quiet..." And then we'd find the cat in the microwave again or a game of china frisbee going on in the back yard...

If this happens, can you talk my ex-wife into driving?
I will donate an appropriate sum to any charity (or pseudo charity) you designate.

says it was updated two hours ago....

Neighbors have been told to stay inside through reverse emergency calls.

According to police, the officer, who was on routine patrol, returned fired with three shots after he was shot at. The suspect fired two or three rounds at the officer..

Stay with 7News as this story develops.

I'm a whole lot less anti cop than most folks on this site, but like others my BS meter is really going off here.

Suspects ambush cop, but only shoot 2-3 rounds and all hit vehicle? Doesn't a mag dump seem more likely? Likewise, the cop has time to identify suspects, vehicle, draw and return fire (while driving) but only gets off 2-3 rounds - coincidentally the same number of rounds shot by the shooter. Given that there are two suspects I'm assuming the shooter wasn't driving - he should have been able to get off several more shots than the cop. Shooter also had a black gun - I'm guessing the cop does too. In fact, I'd bet that the bullets, if recovered, match the caliber, weight, and type of handgun the cop has.

Any cop would be asking a lot of very pointed questions if a random Joe Schmoe reported the same series of events...

dis gon b gud.

4jVjn1R.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
??? from the police post 8 back.
what does tanned white male mean?

Means it's a caucasian male who has been in the sun a sufficient amount of time to acquire some pigmentation of the skin. This pigmentation is the body's natural defense against prolonged uv exposure.

Means it's a caucasian male who has been in the sun a sufficient amount of time to acquire some pigmentation of the skin. This pigmentation is the body's natural defense against prolonged uv exposure.

Shorter: some jersey guy with gold chains and a faux hawk haircut and more grease it it than you've seen before.

Rotfl... now who is taking bets on an anti-gun group still trying to use this as an example of why peons should not be allowed to own guns

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom