Czech CZ82 Pistol - OK to own in MA?

I have a C&R license, and saw that these are C&R eligible. I am thinking about purchasing one, but was wondering if it's ok to own in MA?

On another note, I need some FA-10 forms, and went to my local police department to get some, but they were out, and did not know when they were getting more. Does anyone know where I can get these from? I went to Dicks Sporting Goods, they have them, but are numbered for the store, so they only use them if they are selling a firearm. Can I get them from a dealer? (like The Gun Room in Shrewsbury?) I want to stay legal, and need some soon.

Thanks!

I have a C&R license, and saw that these are C&R eligible. I am thinking about purchasing one, but was wondering if it's ok to own in MA?
Should be. I think it has single-stack magazines.
On another note, I need some FA-10 forms, and went to my local police department to get some, but they were out, and did not know when they were getting more. Does anyone know where I can get these from? I went to Dicks Sporting Goods, they have them, but are numbered for the store, so they only use them if they are selling a firearm. Can I get them from a dealer? (like The Gun Room in Shrewsbury?) I want to stay legal, and need some soon.

Thanks!
Call the CHSB. They'll send you a bunch.

I have been eyeballing one, they are real cheap in shotgun news around $200. Still outside of my budget though.

No problem ordering that. However, the one from JG Sales has 12 stack mags. I know JG will not ship high capacity mags, even if they are pre-ban.

If you get one, let me know how it is.

I was looking at getting one from XXXXX. I have ordered from them before, and have been happy with everything I have gotten.

I just noticed on their website that they are double-stack mags. Is that gong to be a problem owning one in MA if I get it via my C&R?

Last edited by a moderator:
If they are pre-ban, so it should not be a problem. However, I would still ask one of the fine lawyers here.

If they are pre-ban, so it should not be a problem. However, I would still ask one of the fine lawyers here.

I just posted this same question in the Gun Laws part, hope to get a comfortable answer there before I go any further. Thanks for your replies!

I was looking at getting one from XXXXX. I have ordered from them before, and have been happy with everything I have gotten.

I just noticed on their website that they are double-stack mags. Is that gong to be a problem owning one in MA if I get it via my C&R?

Thanks for editing that! I was just coming back to fix it! [grin]

Thanks!

Stop by GOAL! We keep these forms on hand for our members.

I don't know about the cz 82 but I have a 75b SS in 9mm that is a great gun. I am a fan of cz's firearms. I have gotten some 3" groups at 25 yards benching the gun and 5" standing and I am not that good a shot "yet"! :O) I just bought a 22lr kadet conversion for it and scored 1.5" groups at 25yds on the bench. I have done a "trigger" job on it which really improved my shooting.
So if the 82 shoots as well as my 75 it will far exceed your expectations as a "plunk-er".

How is the CZ82 pistol? Any good for a plinker?

Thanks

Last time I qualified, I brought a CZ82 I had just acquired to the range. I put a couple mags through, and was happy enough with it. I let my sergeant run through two mags, and got to watch him hold all 24 in a 4" circle, at about 20 feet, in 20 seconds. Of course, he shoots anything (that can) like that.

So, yep, it'll shoot.

Great pistol at a great price! Comfortable and inexpensive shooter. Even a carry piece if 9x18 is powerful enough for you. Very reliable and the 12 round mags are pre-ban as the pistols haven't been made since the 80's. Go for it...several C&R distributors have them in stock as well as lots of Gun Digest listings!!

I just picked one up last weekend. I've shot one before and it was a nice compact gun that shot very well. I haven't made it to the range with mine yet, but I'm expecting it to shoot fine.

CZ-82 is a great little pistol, accurate at close ranges and well built. Well its not that little it is pretty hefty from the solid steel construction. It is bigger than a regular Markrov for which is based on but a original Czech design. It is a high capacity pistol so you will need a LTC A to own it. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I have been told that C&R firearms are exempt from the Mass testing requirements but a C&R license holder can not transfer it to a non FFL in state.

Last edited:
Just to drag this thread a bit off-topic, do folks have any preferences for 9x18Makarov ammo for these?

Is the new production MFS (Hungary) preferable to the Wolf?

Also, any recommendations for local retailers who stock 9x18? I may know of one or more mail order sources, but if anyone has a recommendation a PM would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Gary

I shoot Sellier & Bellot as well as Silver Bear 9x18 regularly and never have a problem. The MFS is very good ammo, I've shot it and like it very much...kind of dirty I thought but reliable. I have never shot Wolf ammo and just won't. I've heard too many horror stories related to their QC or lack there of. I know many people have never had a problem but I just would rather be safe than sorry and avoid it.

Bron Classic Firearms in Sturbridge has a couple different brands of 9x18. Call him to check his hours, usually its like Wed-Sat.

CZ-82 is a great little pistol, accurate at close ranges and well built. Well its not that little it is pretty hefty from the solid steel construction. It is bigger than a regular Markrov for which is based on but a original Czech design. It is a high capacity pistol so you will need a LTC A to own it. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I have been told that C&R firearms are exempt from the Mass testing requirements but a C&R license holder can not transfer it to a non FFL in state.

You've got it all wrong. Go examine the MA section of the gun laws forum for more info.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I have been told that C&R firearms are exempt from the Mass testing requirements but a C&R license holder can not transfer it to a non FFL in state.

If you have a C&R, you can ship any C&R gun to your home in Massachusetts. You still have to fill out a FA-10. You can then still sell it in state to someone else (again using the FA-10). Or send it to another C&R out of state. But why? C&R's are cool!

My only concern , with the original post, was that if the magazine in this firearm was somehow new (refrub), it would violate state laws since its over 10 rounds.

If you have a C&R, you can ship any C&R gun to your home in Massachusetts.

Now the question is, will the companies really ship it to your home? I saw a lot of ads/websites for companies that said that C&R handguns will only be shipped to 01 FFLs (some even would not ship long guns to MA). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Now the question is, will the companies really ship it to your home? I saw a lot of ads/websites for companies that said that C&R handguns will only be shipped to 01 FFLs (some even would not ship long guns to MA). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You are right. Some vendors are afraid of MA laws and will not bother selling to MA residents. Even though you have every legal right. And Machine Guns are another story too.

some of the places in shotgun news won't send handguns to MA, even with a C&R license. Rifles don't seem to be as big of an issue as old C&R guns.

Back
Top Bottom