DAK Trigger Conversion Not Legal?

I had read a thread on NES (that I cannot find to link to) that indicated that it was legal to have a gunsmith modify a trigger to have a pull less than what is stipulated in one of the regulations for gun sales in MA. The gist of the thread was: "those regulations restrict what is sold by dealers in MA, not what can be done to guns by owners." It was noted that dealers cannot sell certain guns that can be sold FTF in MA.

I just acquired a nice used SIG P226 from another NESer and called SIG to see if they could/would do a DAK conversion. I like the idea of a light, double action trigger pull on every shot.

The individual from the custom shop explained that they coud not perform the DAK conversion on my gun as I live in MA and that they do not sell DAK parts to MA gunsmiths.

This seems to conflict with what I believe I've read on this forum. Can anyone comment?

I had a Ruger SBH reworked by Magnaport with no complaints from them.
You might try Cylinder and Slide shop,they did a fantastic job on my Beretta 96
a little pricey and a wait but well worth it

It's not "illegal" the factory/corp policy is to act like a bunch of pansies and
doesn't want to (potentially) irritate the AG's office somehow. (the jury is
still out as to whether or not coakley even cares, for that matter, but the
damage from reilly has been done already). IMO manufacturers that sell
guns in MA take this sort of positions because they're afraid of getting
blackballed by the AG. (and not being able to sell guns here... )

-Mike

Edit: PM incoming with more info....

To be blunt, you can do any sort of custom work (short of SBRing, full auto conversions, etc) that you want.

to do the coversion your gun would have to be one of the newer manufactured guns. The older Sigs can not be converted. In time its possible sig may lighten up on this policy. I have noticed a boat load of cops carrying DAK triggered guns lately. IF Sig wont do it FInd a local SIg armorer. I belive 4 seasons has one. You might also be able to acquire the Dak parts from another source,maybee Burnells or Midway. I had no problems getting the factory parts to convert my M/P to the 5-6lbs trigger and no mag disconnect

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom