• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dashcam footage shows the moment Florida cops shoot dead two teens aged 18 and 19 after they drove toward a deputy

Wow, that is just so sad, for everyone involved. Black/white/yellow/red, they were way to young to die. However, remember how easy it is to make comments and briefly analyze this situation from your nice comfy cozy chair. For those officers, in barely 1-2 seconds that event could turn so deadly for anyone nearby. They gave verbal commands & I'd imagine hand commands to stop and clearly they didn't. To me, my opinion as this is being discussed is that those teenagers obviously had no respect for the law and law enforcement officers, otherwise they would've complied. I think for law enforcement, they sure have a tough job with current generations being taught not to respect law enforcement. Than you have situations like this occurring. So beyond sad. These officers are 100% in the right in my opinion and without reading whether or not that's been shared I'm sure it will be a justified shooting, which it should be.
I hope parent's can learn from this situation and help educate their teenagers to obey law enforcement officer's commands.

Here are two other situations where officer's issued clear commands to the suspect to stop what they were doing, and as the suspect in both videos has the ability to cause lethal harm to officers they both resulted in shootings, and were both justified. In the second bottom video you can see how deadly a situation like this can erupt for law enforcement officers as an officer is literally driven over by the suspect fleeing in a parked/stationary car. In the first video, there is a lot of debate over the shooting being justified because the suspect was "just wielding" a baseball bat. Which, although it doesn't shoot bullets can cause just as much harm as a firearm in just as much time.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rwTNm2eLRE

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-NkkEv47Ro

Last edited:
"We've seen people comply get shot and people don't comply get shot" has to be the dumbest sentence I've heard from a human being in awhile.

So...................don't comply? Yeah that makes a lot of sense.

Another justified shooting that's going to erupt into total mayhem, next.

Almost as stupid as saying someone deserves to get shot to death by a cop because they refused to follow a verbal command.

Which commands did the passenger that police shot to death not obey?
being in the wrong place at the wrong time and riding with a dumbass who didn't understand simple commands. He should have either smacked his buddy up side of head or exited vehicle with hands in air. Common sense.

Good point. People getting out of vehicles when not instructed to never get shot.

Good to know you think killing people based on who they associate with is cool though.

Almost as stupid as saying someone deserves to get shot to death by a cop because they refused to follow a verbal command.

Imagine if a family is walking on that street while this is happening. Would you care if that car is stolen? Nope. Would you care if those teenagers were doing the right/wrong thing? Nope. That family would be focused on their safety, and their safety alone. Would you A) Want the teenagers to obey the officer's commands or B) Disobey their commands? If it was my family on the sidewalk, I'd want them to obey the officer's commands to minimize safety concern. They were operating a vehicle which could and has many times over stricken and taken life just as easily as a firearm.

How is the officer suppose to know that the guy is going left right up down sideways? All the officer knows is that their safety and others is at jeopardy and they have to react. Justified shooting.

People disagreeing with this is exactly the main issue with these shootings. People want to test the waters. People don't want to comply. That may work when you run into some rookie scared cop. I'm sure as shit not taking my chances. If a cop tells me to stop, I'm stopping. Simple as that.

Good point. People getting out of vehicles when not instructed to never get shot.

Good to know you think killing people based on who they associate with is cool though.
I do, especially when they are threatening a Cop or refusing simple commands like STOP! Any other stupid comments?

Imagine if a family is walking on that street while this is happening. Would you care if that car is stolen? Nope. Would you care if those teenagers were doing the right/wrong thing? Nope. That family would be focused on their safety, and their safety alone. Would you A) Want the teenagers to obey the officer's commands or B) Disobey their commands? If it was my family on the sidewalk, I'd want them to obey the officer's commands to minimize safety concern. They were operating a vehicle which could and has many times over stricken and taken life just as easily as a firearm.

Well you've convinced me with your wild hypothetical that has nothing to do with the actual situation.

How is the officer suppose to know that the guy is going left right up down sideways? All the officer knows is that their safety and others is at jeopardy and they have to react. Justified shooting.

This is one of the more idiotic things I've read on this site. Because the cop didn't know where the person disobeying their commands was headed or what they'd do it might be dangerous and therefore the cop was right to shoot two people dead on the spot? Come on.

People disagreeing with this is exactly the main issue with these shootings. People want to test the waters. People don't want to comply. That may work when you run into some rookie scared cop. I'm sure as shit not taking my chances. If a cop tells me to stop, I'm stopping. Simple as that.

A3wj.gif

Doesn't make it right, but to offer that in this context sure makes it sound like you're defending the shoot.
why is this so hard for you to understand? Were you taught to obey Police commands no matter what the situation? Were you taught to keep your hands on the wheel if pulled over by a Cop and to reply Yes Sir, No Sir? Not rocket science. YOU are responsible for your actions.

I do, especially when they are threatening a Cop or refusing simple commands like STOP! Any other stupid comments?

Who threatened a cop?

And if you think someone deserves to die because they refused to follow a cop's command to stop you're a big part of the problem and no friend of liberty or those opposed to tyranny.

why is this so hard for you to understand? Were you taught to obey Police commands no matter what the situation? Were you taught to keep your hands on the wheel if pulled over by a Cop and to reply Yes Sir, No Sir? Not rocket science. YOU are responsible for your actions.

Another statist bootlicker. Comply or die, right?

Who threatened a cop?

And if you think someone deserves to die because they refused to follow a cop's command to stop you're a big part of the problem and no friend of liberty or those opposed to tyranny.
Rock on dude, like I said it's not rocket science. Obey simple commands , if you think driving a vehicle either at or around a Cop who is telling you to stop is a good decision so be it. Actions have consequences and they made the wrong decision. So you hate Cops I get it so you should be even more careful to obey commands from someone you hate who had a gun pointed at you. Had nothing to do with what I think, it's what I do.

Rock on dude, like I said it's not rocket science. Obey simple commands , if you think driving a vehicle either at or around a Cop who is telling you to stop is a good decision so be it. Actions have consequences and they made the wrong decision. So you hate Cops I get it so you should be even more careful to obey commands from someone you hate who had a gun pointed at you. Had nothing to do with what I think, it's what I do.

Who the hell is questioning whether or not it was a good decision to drive around him? The question at hand is whether or not it was a good decision for the cop to kill 2 of the three people in the car because the dumbass did decide to drive around him and disobey the order. And who gives a shit what you would have done if the cop was ordering you to stop?

It's not about hating cops, its about expecting them to not be reckless, trigger happy a**h***s. How hard is that to understand?

Another statist bootlicker. Comply or die, right?
[rockon] That's right tough guy, why don't you drive down the Ma. Pike at 90 mph and when the MSP decides to try to pull you over you give them the finger and continue on your merry little way. Let us know how that works out for you. Put your money where your mouth his.

[rockon] That's right tough guy, why don't you drive down the Ma. Pike at 90 mph and when the MSP decides to try to pull you over you give them the finger and continue on your merry little way. Let us know how that works out for you. Put your money where your mouth his.

I'm starting to think we need a mini IQ test to post on this site, sort of like a captcha.

Who the hell is questioning whether or not it was a good decision to drive around him? The question at hand is whether or not it was a good decision for the cop to kill 2 of the three people in the car because the dumbass did decide to drive around him and disobey the order.

It's not about hating cops, its about expecting them to not be reckless, trigger happy a**h***s.
Then your expecting to much and obviously you've never walked the walk. It's got nothing to do with the Cops actions, the 2 teenagers made a fatal mistake. Always remember, the Cops are going to do what they think they need to do to protect themselves. If you're counting on them to always make the correct decision in a dangerous situation you must be a gambling man.

For a thought that is even less scientific: were the driver and passenger of the car posing an imminent threat of death or serious bodily harm to anyone? If you believe the officer thought so, and was justified in that belief then it is a good shoot. If not, then it wasn't. Everything else does not matter. It does not matter that the kids did not listen to instructions. It does not matter that they may have been hoodlums.

Who the hell is questioning whether or not it was a good decision to drive around him? The question at hand is whether or not it was a good decision for the cop to kill 2 of the three people in the car because the dumbass did decide to drive around him and disobey the order. And who gives a shit what you would have done if the cop was ordering you to stop?

It's not about hating cops, its about expecting them to not be reckless, trigger happy a**h***s. How hard is that to understand?

I try not to be in cars with people committing car robberies, not obeying police or trying to run over police.

The idea the passengers are not culpable for their own actions and decisions is ludicrous. As is the idea that a cop having a car coming at him can somehow magically control every bullet in that situation.

Then your expecting to much and obviously you've never walked the walk. It's got nothing to do with the Cops actions, the 2 teenagers made a fatal mistake. Always remember, the Cops are going to do what they think they need to do to protect themselves. If you're counting on them to always make the correct decision in a dangerous situation you must be a gambling man.

Never walked the walk? Of course it has everything to do with the cops' actions. That one cop killed two people. For what?

Very simple questions here: Do you think it was a good shoot based on the video? Do you think it's excusable for a cop to shoot someone who doesn't follow their commands?

Never walked the walk? Of course it has everything to do with the cops' actions. That one cop killed two people. For what?

Very simple questions here: Do you think it was a good shoot based on the video? Do you think it's excusable for a cop to shoot someone who doesn't follow their commands?

Your last question is a foolish one. You are trying to conflate ignoring a verbal command with having a deadly weapon driven at you. Its a false equivalence.

Had they pulled over, they'd be alive. You're argument that somehow police have all the responsibility and the people committing crimes have none is insulting.

Back
Top Bottom