• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dashcam footage shows the moment Florida cops shoot dead two teens aged 18 and 19 after they drove toward a deputy

Reptile

NES Member
Dashcam footage shows the moment Florida cops shoot dead two teens aged 18 and 19 after they drove toward a deputy who believed the car was stolen and told them to stop seven times
  • Sincere Pierce, 18, and A.J. Crooms, 16, were fatally shot by deputies from Brevard County Sheriff's Office at 10am Friday morning
  • The deputies involved were named Tuesday as Deputy Jafet Santiago-Miranda and Deputy Carson Hendren
  • Sheriff Wayne Ivey claims they were 'forced to fire' after Crooms accelerated toward Santiago-Miranda and put him in danger
  • Santiago-Miranda and Hendren had attempted to stop the teens as they believed they were possibly driving a stolen car
  • They followed Crooms as he pulled into a driveway of a local house and called on him at least seven times to stop moving the vehicle
A Florida sheriff has released dashcam footage of the moment two black teenagers were shot dead after they appeared to drive toward a deputy despite being yelled at to stop at least seven times.

Sincere Pierce, 18, and A.J. Crooms, 16, were fatally shot at 10am Friday morning after deputies from the Brevard County Sheriff's Office attempted to stop them in connection with a possible stolen car.

The deputies involved were named as Deputy Jafet Santiago-Miranda and Deputy Carson Hendren on Tuesday as a section of the dashcam footage from their vehicle was released amid mounting pressure from the teens' families for answers.

A car is a deadly weapon. If you are being pulled over and drive toward a cop, you are rightfully going to get lit up. Case closed.

Shooting and killing the passenger after getting out of your own car to move in front of a vehicle clearly (as evident by it reversing in order to get more room to turn) trying to get around them and not drive into them, at slow speed, is okay, case closed? WTF?

as much as i hate the african cultures disrespect for law, this,....i don't see it. would have been easier to grab the plate number then go get a coffee and donut and write it up later.

I do agree for the most part...how far does it go though? If that was a real stolen car say from a car jacking and or homicide and there was nothing done, why have police at all? Did the police over react...seems like it. If the driver had just stopped, he would probably still be alive.

How many police would shoot into that car under those circumstances? Police related shootings are still a very rare occurrence.

If there is no investigation (using that term loosely) in real time, the people cops were/are interacting with may go on to commit a cascade of other crimes that could have been stopped by proper police work.

Remember the two cops who turned a bloodied teen over to Jeffrey Dahmer? That guy turned out to be a flank steak dinner later. Those cops both got fired.

When people and criminals no longer have either fear or respect for the police, then the discussion about too much or too little policing (and the result) is always going to occur.

Ask the people of Minneapolis right now if they think their idea of defunding the police is working.

Take a look at the arrest rate for car jackings in Chicago for 2020. There is a 4.6% arrest rate with a huge increase (from 603 to 1050) in the last two years (bottom left hand corner). The fear of punishment is no longer a factor in a lot of places these days.

Chicago crime statistics

all i know is with all the cameras and filming these days, popping an african may not be the best way out unless said african is shown engaging in the act of threatening a life.

in the not too distant future, cops are going to need to belong to the screen actors guild to remain on the job.

He was being Sincere about it, tho.

While it APPEARS that it's a dumbass cop shoot, I'd like to really see what transpired beforehand. 2 cruisers but everyone moving slowly.

Better accuracy than NYPD. So there is that.

as much as i hate the african cultures disrespect for law, this,....i don't see it. would have been easier to grab the plate number then go get a coffee and donut and write it up later.

Watch the video. The dead perps were morons but this kind of Judge Dredd policing by bullet has to stop.
Just from the write up and the video, how the F are you going to show up at the perps house, as someone else said, when it's a STOLEN car?

Brevard County Sheriff Wayne Ivey claimed that the deputies were attempting to conduct an investigation after they spotted the vehicle being drive by Croom and believed it was potentially a stolen car that had fled from another deputy moments earlier,

The vehicle had already fled, I'd guess at high speed, from other deputies. They chose to drive towards a cop. Could the cop retreated? Sure, maybe. I've said it before, as someone who's been there, retreating from a vehicle is a calculated risk. I'm still here, so I made the right decision, but it could have gone a different way. My encounters were in the middle of nowhere where the risks to the 'general public' were minimized.

How about, hey pull the hell over. You got caught, do your time and try again.

It sounded like the driver was revving the motor as he was trying to get around the cruiser. Whether it was the drivers Inexperience or intentional there is no way to know. He was 16 so he may not have even had a drivers license.

Regardless, if he would have followed instructions they would be alive today.

Bob

Just from the write up and the video, how the F are you going to show up at the perps house, as someone else said, when it's a STOLEN car?

Brevard County Sheriff Wayne Ivey claimed that the deputies were attempting to conduct an investigation after they spotted the vehicle being drive by Croom and believed it was potentially a stolen car that had fled from another deputy moments earlier,

The vehicle had already fled, I'd guess at high speed, from other deputies. They chose to drive towards a cop. Could the cop retreated? Sure, maybe. I've said it before, as someone who's been there, retreating from a vehicle is a calculated risk. I'm still here, so I made the right decision, but it could have gone a different way. My encounters were in the middle of nowhere where the risks to the 'general public' were minimized.

How about, hey pull the hell over. You got caught, do your time and try again.

mmmmm. It can just as easily be construed that the "advance" on the officer was him trying to make a 401 point turn.

It sounded like the driver was revving the motor as he was trying to get around the cruiser. Whether it was the drivers Inexperience or intentional there is no way to know. He was 16 so he may not have even had a drivers license.

Regardless, if he would have followed instructions they would be alive today.

Bob

Yeah. And I wonder if all of this BLM and CopsSUX0R stuff makes cops THAT much more jumpy. Perhaps their protests have ended up leading to more young black men being hurt and/or killed because of their actions. Hmmmm.

mmmmm. It can just as easily be construed that the "advance" on the officer was him trying to make a 401 point turn.

Sure, but there is a whole lot of real estate behind him. I'd argue he could have reversed and actually 'ran away' instead of driving towards the officer who had his gun out (and his partner who had her gun out).

Even if that is a dead end road, they could quail and probably outrun the cop on foot with a good head start.

Again, instead of several 'rational' avenues to escape, the driver drove towards the cop. I'd rather the guy had stopped and dealt with it. Some people never get over shooting someone. This may impact the cop in a very negative way even if it's a completely legitimate use of force. I'm not belittling the loss of life in anyway.

I really don't see why a cop would bother enforcing the laws anymore. There's no point to it. You only get scrutinized or worse yet prosecuted. Catch your base pay and go home every day. Want to flee? Fine. Buh bye.

View attachment 413378
Cant see why cops would want to do 20 yeras in a city PD. Get some experience, do a shit ton of detail work, build up a nest egg and coast the last handful of years in some tiny little town in the mountains somewhere cautioning people not to roll through that one stop sign in the middle of town.

A car is a deadly weapon. If you are being pulled over and drive toward a cop, you are rightfully going to get lit up. Case closed.
Shooting and killing the passenger after getting out of your own car to move in front of a vehicle clearly (as evident by it reversing in order to get more room to turn) trying to get around them and not drive into them, at slow speed, is okay, case closed? WTF?
It's not 100% clear from the video in the article because the officer who fired is barely in view on the left edge , but it appears that he was out of his car and commanding the yutes to stop the vehicle well before the driver backed up, turned their vehicle and drove toward him. It's hard to tell how close they were coming to the officer, but it certainly appears they purposely drove the car in his direction, if not right at him.

Also, I have a hard time understanding the thought process that would come to the conclusion that when sitting in a nearly stationary car, with 2 officers pointing guns at me from only 10-20 feet away, ordering that I stop the car, that said officers will not fire at me if I attempt to drive away, particularly if I do so in any direction that is even remotely toward one of them. Even in the worst BLM-asserted case, if one stops they may be shot, or knelt on, or choked out, but if one even looks like they're trying to run one an officer down, getting shot at is a near guarantee. I know what risk assessment I'd come to.

Finally, as a though exercise, I wonder how many people think it's okay to shoot someone in defense of their personal property, but have a problem with the police shooting a thief when attempting to recover stolen personal property, particularly when said property is (or likely to be) being employed as a deadly weapon.

Didn't look like they were driving at the cop, looked like they were driving around him. Bad shoot. *bangs gavel*

That’s what I saw. They didn’t floor it at the cop, a slow to moderate ‘just goin around’ is what it looks like. Should they have complied? Absolutely, but that’s not how teenagers think.
However stupid they were, unless somethings changed recently I don’t believe failure to stop, evading, and grand theft auto, even when combined, carries with it the threat of the death penalty. I could be wrong though.

Stop the police yelled stop many many times. It's not hard to stop, bad shoot. Get in the car and chase them down.

When 2 police cruisers have you stopped & blocked, and you put your car into anything but "PARK"...

"What the F were you thinking...?"

You're not jockeying for a better parking spot during the Christmas rush...

tenor.gif bbbe8f2f82f132ee4df90ee10c4886b4.gif
289c34f0d8f35b7e2b32dab224e04768.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom