• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deal and a p80 question

not that i have seen, IMHO the only reason he got the ones he did was they are SF frames for 45GAP and 10mm, not very common rounds
uhm u can build a g21sf, 45acp with that frame, and 10mm is pretty damn common, it's coming back in popularity.

Last edited:
Anyone bought the p80 and actually milled it? How hard was it?
I can build a P80 glock in about 15 min flat with a cordless drill, a pair of flush cutters and a dremel. I did one at the range once with nothing but a leatherman and a hand drill just to see if I could do it without power tools. The current p80s with metal rails are every bit as good as a factory glock frame I have one built with a factory vickers g19 slide with over 2k rds through it and it shows no signs of wear or problems. They are fun to build and completely legit, I'd have no problem relying on one for my only pistol if I had to.

Site has p80 full size glock 20/21 frames for 90 bucks

Seemed like a good deal so I grabbed 3

I was thinking about giving 1 to my dad and one to my brother in law and building them together like each of us kicks in buys a part we build em.

What are mass laws regarding p80s. Do you have to serialize them? Fa them once complete? Are they just verboten?

I live in nh so if I can't give them ones they won't go to waste lol just wondering the legality

Edit: they aren't well versed in laws what needs to be done after they are completed?
that's a great deal on those ordered two myself, thanks for the tip

I don't have a mill, so I did mine with a Dremel and a set of small sanding blocks. Took my time on a couple of consecutive Saturday afternoons to complete everything and enjoyed the process.

You’re one of the lucky ones to get a pf940cl?
By the time I decided I liked it and wanted to put a 34 upper on one I couldn’t find one for sale.
It was an impulse buy a couple of months ago. I was browsing on a site and saw they were selling them at a clearance price (around $70). I like my current one, and figured I could do one with an RMR or the like. Still poking around for an RMR-cut slide that I feel like buying.

It was an impulse buy a couple of months ago. I was browsing on a site and saw they were selling them at a clearance price (around $70). I like my current one, and figured I could do one with an RMR or the like. Still poking around for an RMR-cut slide that I feel like buying.

I have a few of these in different configurations. 👍

Rock Slide G19 Gen 3 Upper
Rated 4.93 out of 5 based on 72customer ratings
(72 customer reviews)
$199.99 – $219.99

Slide ColorChoose an optionBlackFDEODGBurnt BronzeTungstenPinkUnfinished
Slide TypeChoose an optionRS1 (Without Vents)RS1-Venom (Without Vents)RS1-RMR (Without Vents)RS2 (With Vents)RS2-RMR (With Vents)RS2-Venom (With Vents)

1606648701256.png

I have a few of these in different configurations. 👍

Rock Slide G19 Gen 3 Upper
Rated 4.93 out of 5 based on 72customer ratings
(72 customer reviews)
$199.99 – $219.99

Slide ColorChoose an optionBlackFDEODGBurnt BronzeTungstenPinkUnfinished
Slide TypeChoose an optionRS1 (Without Vents)RS1-Venom (Without Vents)RS1-RMR (Without Vents)RS2 (With Vents)RS2-RMR (With Vents)RS2-Venom (With Vents)

View attachment 416832
They make good stuff i have a slide by them i really like

Attachments

• 20200710_104609.jpg
    20200710_104609.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 35
I can build a P80 glock in about 15 min flat with a cordless drill, a pair of flush cutters and a dremel. I did one at the range once with nothing but a leatherman and a hand drill just to see if I could do it without power tools. The current p80s with metal rails are every bit as good as a factory glock frame I have one built with a factory vickers g19 slide with over 2k rds through it and it shows no signs of wear or problems. They are fun to build and completely legit, I'd have no problem relying on one for my only pistol if I had to.
2nd this. solid metal bits for the dremel so the polymer does not get stuck/clued up. It is not remotely hard assuming you are not a total klutz.

Super easy. No need for a mill.

Takes around 15 - 20min to clean it up, a bit longer if you go slow.

Another 15 min to put it all the parts together.

There are youtube videos of people building them with metal files, no power tools.

Mine shipped November 30th, if anyone sees any PF45 LPKs in stock for less than $90 (Gunbroker amped up price) please let me know. As of now, JSD and Glockstore are both out of stock.

Yep they make a conversion barrel. And the mags work for both caliber
it's not really a conversion barrel, it's just a regular .357 sig barrel from a g31,g32, or g33. The parent case for .357 sig is .40sw so the case head is the same between them. .40sw mags and .357 sig mags are interchangeable that's why M&P mags say .357sig/.40sw on them.

Mine shipped November 30th, if anyone sees any PF45 LPKs in stock for less than $90 (Gunbroker amped up price) please let me know. As of now, JSD and Glockstore are both out of stock.

See Ebay, usually bits and pieces like that persist on Ebay long after everyone else is oos

See Ebay, usually bits and pieces like that persist on Ebay long after everyone else is oos
Those are all hovering from $120-$160, on GB it's around $105 all said and done but before when they were in stock they were $55 on JSD highest $80 other places. Since I'm not building yet I think I'll wait until they get more in stock/prices go down hopefully.

What is the strength difference between a p80 and a factory glock? I always ASSumed essentially polymer is polymer and the only difference might be machining QC by the inexperienced or the obvious version differences.

P80 polymer is much, much softer and susceptible to heat than factory Glock or just about any other brand lower. You won't notice it in daily use or grip feel, but the moment you go to stipple or laser engrave one, you'll immediately tell the difference. If you went into it thinking it was just as strong as a Glock, you'd end up with a puddle of melted plastic.

I did mine with a hand-crank drill and the red jig it comes with, just to see if I could (yup).

Anyone order any lower parts kits from Cavern Armory? Had a weird thing happen with Gunbroker where they charged my card when someone beat me to the item, going to contact my bank about it no fault against them but just wondering if anyone has ordered parts from them before and had anything strange like that happen to them.

Just for that one model? How about a compact single stack?

What is the difference between grey and the other one (charcoal? titanium? carbonite?)

Back
Top Bottom