• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deals and steals

I will add the dot size and blowout of the Pinty is terrible for shooting anything outside of a man sized target at 200 yards. Most people will never even come close to testing the durability of an optic, but you pickup an Aimpoint and a Pinty and the glass quality makes it clear why one is more expensive.

I will add the dot size and blowout of the Pinty is terrible for shooting anything outside of a man sized target at 200 yards. Most people will never even come close to testing the durability of an optic, but you pickup an Aimpoint and a Pinty and the glass quality makes it clear why one is more expensive.
I have an aimpoint and a pinty. With my eyes they look almost the same, both a little fuzzy🤣 I had ordered a romeo7s to replace the pinty but will probly just beat on the pinty till it fails. I have another as a spare.

Question: Are the 5.56mm and .223 interchangeable? Or do you have to have the correct one for the barrel?

And what about .223 Wylde?
5.56 nato has slightly longer tolerances. I would not worry too much about it, use standard .223 gauges.
As usual, good quality parts do not need excessive remeasuring.

5.56 nato has slightly longer tolerances. I would not worry too much about it, use standard .223 gauges.
As usual, good quality parts do not need excessive remeasuring.
I never did check my AR-15 and it's worked just fine. With everything I here about the AR-10 platform I worry. If shop ends up not being able to check I'll buy a gauge or can I really use a spent case?
I really wish I snapped up a few pintys. I don't really have stuff that could use it but plan to.

I never did check my AR-15 and it's worked just fine. With everything I here about the AR-10 platform I worry. If shop ends up not being able to check I'll buy a gauge or can I really use a spent case?
I really wish I snapped up a few pintys. I don't really have stuff that could use it but plan to.
What stuff do you need?
Do not over stress about gauges. Well, unless it is like a no name $30 BCG and a barrel to match. Criterion will just work.

If you need a cheap scope - I got several I don’t need. :)

Get the Wild or the 5.56 and you will be golden. Shoot what you want. The .223 is the one you have to watch for. Not rated for higher chamber pressures and the lands in the barrel start sooner.

Get the Wild or the 5.56 and you will be golden. Shoot what you want. The .223 is the one you have to watch for. Not rated for higher chamber pressures and the lands in the barrel start sooner.
This does not make sense as Wylde (I assume that's what you meant) is a chambering designed to accommodate .223 and 5.56 (which are calibers), so "Wylde or 5.56" does not make sense.

Question: Are the 5.56mm and .223 interchangeable? Or do you have to have the correct one for the barrel?

And what about .223 Wylde?
I know you like Brownell's so here it is from the horse's mouth...

5.56x45 & .223 Rem...
Should I go with 223 Remington gauges or 5.56 nato gauges for my 223 wydle? I’m mainly gonna shoot 5.56 out of my 223 wydle but sometimes 223 for hunting.
Fernando from Naples florida
5.56mm and 223 Remington headspace gauges are identical except for markings.
Customer Care from Brownell's

On the Wylde...

What gauge does a 223 wylde chamber need to headspace with 5.56 nato or 223 rem gauge? Using a Sharps bcg with ballistic advantage Hanson barrel?
Brandon from Batesville, AR
.223 Rem.
Customer Care from Brownells

it just puts things into perspective of how much an actual offshore manufacturing of any of that crap costs.
including $600 trijicon sros. just a 100x markup. :)
Back in the day my mother worked for an importer and part of the paperwork was declaring the value(?) of what they were bringing in. I remember the difference between the value of those fitted baseball hats and what they were selling for was unreal. Its been prob 30 years so the details are hazy, but iirc they were selling for like $30 and the number on the paperwork was like pennies.

I think you'd be happy with this. I went with the 18" version.

This is a ridiculous deal. You could sell the optic for $250 and you still have a complete slide for $150.

'Eff it. I Bought them. I'll tell YOU what I think of them... [smile]

$ 70 bucks each after shipping/insure/tax

best price on MidwayUSA is $79.99 on their AR-Stoner basic BCG...

View attachment 636715
Received (2) BCGs today. Cursory inspection is satisfactory manufacture, all components are blem-free and well made. Nitride coating is even and well-applied.
Gas key allens are properly staked, Bolt looks very nice. Firing pin is also Nitride coated. Happy so far... especially the price...

Edit: One thing to note is there are no markings on any of the components. Bolt not marked "MPI", but listed as such...

Last edited:
I bought a box of these headlamps for $20 at Costco a while ago, they are great for the money. Yesterday 14JUL22, they are $12.50 for 3. I grabbed another one. If anyone is looking for a good inexpensive headlamp this is a huge bargain.
That's a good deal. Even if you're not hiking/camping, these are good to stash with your emergency supplies.

Back
Top Bottom