Deval wants to hear from you.

He will be in Worcester tommorow Night at South High Community School.... Open forum!!!!!

Would it be worth forming a group.?????

There is an issue already on the site dealing with the failure of gun control in MA. While the title is misleading, the content deals with the stupid laws and how they don't have any effect on the criminals, but only on the law abiding residents.

And yes, you do have to be registered as a voter... but its not tough to sign up. I bet if we all do so and vote on the issue, it will at least cause a ripple somewhere.

There is an issue already on the site dealing with the failure of gun control in MA. While the title is misleading, the content deals with the stupid laws and how they don't have any effect on the criminals, but only on the law abiding residents.

And yes, you do have to be registered as a voter... but its not tough to sign up. I bet if we all do so and vote on the issue, it will at least cause a ripple somewhere.

Title has been changed.

Anyone who left a previous comment can go back and vote again to remove the
"stale" vote(s).

No more gun control in Massachusetts

Last edited:
That would be like talking to a rock.
You can't count on a politician to understand an issue. You can't count on a politician to agree with your view of an issue. But you can count on a politician to count!

If we all go vote for that poll, then maybe it will Patrick's handlers realize that there are some voters in MA who are pro-gun.

Expect the Patrick sympathizer camp to dismiss this posting as a coordinated attack on the Patrick website, by an unruly mob of redneck gun owners looking to somehow sabotage the democratic process, by expressing their opinions, as residents and registered voters in Massachusetts, in an open forum.

How dare you!

Not that I expect him to care, but... I added my coments also.
He may not, but if a majority of the MA residents on this list would register and comment, it would definitely get noticed.

Everyone is always complaining that nothing is being done. Well, do sometime simple.

Stand and be counted.

Here's how it stands so far...

Votes: Issue:

201 Equal Marriage Rights in Massachusetts 3/21/07
115 Making Renewable Energy Work in the Commonwealth 3/22/07
87 Vote on Marriage 3/26/07
78 Funding for the Massachusetts State Parks 3/20/07
71 The people's right to redress the SJC's marriage ruling 3/26/07
65 Chapter 70 Reform 3/21/07
54 More Funding to Public Education 3/24/07
52 End Family Homelessness with One Family 3/23/07
49 Roll Back the Income Tax to 5% 3/25/07
45 Shared Parenting 3/24/07
44 Municipal Partnership 3/21/07
41 WMass Commuter Rail 3/22/07
41 ORV Use in State Parks 3/22/07
41 Noise Mitigation for residents in Burlington/Woburn Living next to Highway's 128/93 3/25/07
34 9/11 Truth is the Key to Ending this war and the next one (Iran) 3/24/07
25 Affordable Housing 3/21/07
25 Expand the Bottle Bill 3/24/07
22 Dirtbikes in our state parks 3/24/07
21 No more gun control in Massachusetts. 3/26/07

We're a few votes behind the other issues.

this thread should be stickied..if your a mass gun owner, then you have no excuse not to participate in this..
everyone loves to bitch, few do anything about it..

You can't count on a politician to understand an issue. You can't count on a politician to agree with your view of an issue. But you can count on a politician to count!

If we all go vote for that poll, then maybe it will Patrick's handlers realize that there are some voters in MA who are pro-gun.

[cheers] Well Said !!

Think my comment was an eye opener. Too bad he'll never read it. I LOVED the guy from Provincetown who left a comment. Sounded like an intelligent person.[rolleyes] I recognized a few of the comment as being from members here.[cheers]

Think my comment was an eye opener. Too bad he'll never read it. I LOVED the guy from Provincetown who left a comment. Sounded like an intelligent person.[rolleyes] I recognized a few of the comment as being from members here.[cheers]

And we need to get more people, to at least put a vote in. I've never seen anyone on this forum.... be shy.

You mean we can't place higher than people on I93 that just figured it was noisy by the highway?[rolleyes]

Don't forget the open forum in Worcester.

If this is for real, and is that important, shouldn't GOAL have a link on their web site? Ditto every club in the state?

That said, if you vote to support the issue, does that mean you support gun control, or ending gun control. It isn't made too clear there.

Last edited:
Don't forget the open forum in Worcester.

If this is for real, and is that important, shouldn't GOAL have a link on their web site? Ditto every club in the state?

That said, if you vote to support the issue, does that mean you support gun control, or ending gun control. It isn't made too clear there.

An excellent suggestion. How do we motivate the other groups do get involved?

And we need to get more people, to at least put a vote in. I've never seen anyone on this forum.... be shy.

You mean we can't place higher than people on I93 that just figured it was noisy by the highway?[rolleyes]

With the exception of a couple of the gay marriage issue questions, the other questions have been up longer. And this being MA, it's not surprising that's the biggest issue being discussed at the moment.

I suspect some don't want to post because the authors name and hometown is posted... whatever. Although with 280 views on this thread already, we should be able to muster more than 25 positive comments over there.

I'm just wondering how long it'll be before some anti creates a page for those in favor of more laws.

TOGETHER WE CAN!!!!!!

Post early and post often!

I'm not so sure I like how you can search a name in a town and get the name of the street that person lives on. Sure it's a voter list that you can get at any town hall but at least any shithead that wants that info has to make an effort to get it not just search an online database.
This site SUCKS!

I'm not so sure I like how you can search a name in a town and get the name of the street that person lives on. Sure it's a voter list that you can get at any town hall but at least any shithead that wants that info has to make an effort to get it not just search an online database.
This site SUCKS!

I just finished having an email conversation with someone about that.

Yeah, it's not a very brilliant move.

There's too many opportunities and potential for abuse.

Never mind some of the obvious, but one of the less obvious is that this can easily be abused by employers/potential employers (I don't think I need to elaborate).

Taking it another step further (as an example),... someone could use your voter registration name/address, post something controversial or unflattering, and you'd get the blame for it and you'd never know until you signed-up yourself or started getting 'mysterious' phone calls at night.

Unlike an Letter to the Editor (which always requires providing a phone number), there's no verification (anyone can sign-up for a bogus email address and use that).

What they should do, is make that info only available to the website admins and not just anyone viewing the site.

I wouldn't be surprised that once they realize it's not such a bright idea to include that info, that they'd change the policy.

I, of course, would never dream of creating a temporary e-mail account at a place like hotmail, and then creating an account on Devil Patrick's site in the name of a prominent member of the Democratic committee in town. No sirree.

Back
Top Bottom