Dog kills duck and duck owner shoots dog dead. Where do you stand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you say the same thing to the owner of a chicken coop when a coyote comes around?
Sure would, build a better coop. Actually happened to a neighbors rabbit that the parents thought would be fine living in some cheaply thrown together coop. Thing lasted like two nights before yotes or foxes got it.

How did the dogs enter the duck yard? Was there an open gate? Did they jump a fence.

I think there are a lot of unanswered questions before we can assign blame.

There is potential both parties are partly responsible.

The dog owners for sure bear some responsibility.

But if duck boy had an inappropriate enclosure / structure he could bear some of the responsibility too.

And if so is shooting the dog at that point legal or could one argue he was baiting the dogs?

How did the dogs enter the duck yard? Was their an open gate? Did they jump a fence.

But if duck boy had an inappropriate enclosure / structure he could bear some of the responsibility.

And if so is shooting the dog at that point legal or could one argue he was baiting the dogs?
The unleashed dogs owners are 100% responsible.

How did the dogs enter the duck yard? Was there an open gate? Did they jump a fence.

But if duck boy had an inappropriate enclosure / structure he could bear some of the responsibility too.

I honestly think your last statement may be the closest to the truth. Just by the guys threat that the next time the dog goes into his yard that it won’t be coming back. That and the fact that he tried to hide and bury the dead dog when he knew damn well who’s dog it was.

I honestly think your last statement may be the closest to the truth. Just by the guys threat that the next time the dog goes into his yard that it won’t be coming back. That and the fact that he tried to hide and bury the dead dog when he knew damn well who’s dog it was.
If my wife is in our yard in the pool and a neighbor comes over and molests her was she baiting him? What part of private property are some not grasping here?

If my wife is in our yard in the pool and a neighbor comes over and molests her was she baiting him? What part of private property are some not grasping here?
Your analogy sucks. How about the neighbor sees that said dog that he hates is out loose, so he baits it to come into his yard to “take care of it”. Then what?

Is your neighbor a “dirty dog”? Did you leave the gate open or did he hop the fence?

Your analogy sucks. How about the neighbor sees that said dog that he hates is out loose, so he baits it to come into his yard to “take care of it”. Then what?
Your assuming is what sucks. These dogs were repeat offenders. The dog owners were warned. They failed to heed the warning.

No shit, which is why I said it was most likely the dog owners fault. I’m just saying that neither you, nor I, was there. Therefore we’re both just making assumptions.
No assumptions. Documented repeat offenders whose dogs killed that neighbors ducks before. He had had enough.

I don't get this thread, along with a bunch of others lately.

What's the question? Do we agree with someone protecting their livestock? Or is the question, do we agree with the nutless cuck not admitting he shot the dog?

i thought you had to be a farmer to be able to apply that MA rule to shooting dogs attacking livestock

I don't get this thread, along with a bunch of others lately.

What's the question? Do we agree with someone protecting their livestock? Or is the question, do we agree with the nutless cuck not admitting he shot the dog?
We don't have time for that now, we are only focused on the assumption aspect............

Sure would, build a better coop. Actually happened to a neighbors rabbit that the parents thought would be fine living in some cheaply thrown together coop. Thing lasted like two nights before yotes or foxes got it.

His point is that most people believe they have the right to defend livestock on their own property. This is a rational POV.

Of course the happy fun ball is "are ducks livestock" or not, legally. I guess if you were raising them for food, the answer is "yes".

This is one of those happy fun ball cases.....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtr6XgPnWyE

No assumptions. Documented repeat offenders whose dogs killed that neighbors ducks before. He had had enough.
Really? Your assuming to know what exactly happened when you obviously don’t. Maybe you should call the Salisbury PD so they can conclude their investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom