Dumbass In Montana Caught With AK Modified For Full Auto

But they've been heavily regulated for the reason of taxation.
In 1930, a Tommygun cost $225, which is equivalent of $3220 today, and you could buy them at a hardware store.
The required tax stamp after 1934 was $200, which was almost as much as the gun itself, and not many people had the equivalent of $6000 to plunk down on one during the depression. So the government essentially made them cost prohibitive to the masses.
Not to give them any ideas, but I'm surprised the greedy pigs in DC haven't raised the cost of an NFA stamp to $3000 to keep pace with inflation.
They used taxation as part of the mechanism of regulating machine guns, but they weren’t regulated for the reason of taxation. That is, the goal of the NFA wasn’t to increase federal revenue; the goal of the NFA was to reduce the availability of machine guns, and it was effective in that goal.

For the individual in question, his biggest problem isn’t that he might be assessed a fine for not paying the $200 for the tax stamp. His biggest problem is that he is now facing 10 years in Club Fed.

Full auto has been very heavily regulated since the 1930s. Deliberately breaking those laws is not smart.
.... I know. Do you not have a sense of humor, go watch should South Parks little league episode.

But if someone's gun is full auto. I don't give a crap as long as he's not shooting it like an idiot in the air.

Not to give them any ideas, but I'm surprised the greedy pigs in DC haven't raised the cost of an NFA stamp to $3000 to keep pace with inflation.
The purpose of the $200 tax stamp was to effect a ban, as Congress knew a direct ban would be unconstitutional.

I wonder what the boston police would do if they found an unattached bump stock on the street, first question would they recognize it? Have the entire city go on lockdown?
pratt-retail-specialties-strapping-accessories-7007011-64_1000.jpg

The purpose of the $200 tax stamp was to effect a ban, as Congress knew a direct ban would be unconstitutional.

This^

The Tommygun, which was very expensive in its day, cost about $225 in 1935, add another $200 for the tax stamp and that puts the price way out of range for most people.
Inflation adjusted for 2018, this is about $7,850 today.
How many of us can casually plunk down nearly $8K for a gun ???

But they've been heavily regulated for the reason of taxation.
In 1930, a Tommygun cost $225, which is equivalent of $3220 today, and you could buy them at a hardware store.
The required tax stamp after 1934 was $200, which was almost as much as the gun itself, and not many people had the equivalent of $6000 to plunk down on one during the depression. So the government essentially made them cost prohibitive to the masses.

Shhhhh! Maura’s watching.

Back
Top Bottom