EVERY SHOOTER Should Get a C&R FFL!

Got it in the mail today, 17 business days, impressive.

CZ82 is an amazing C&R weapon. I'd love to shoot mine more, but my Range requires BRASS ammo - the cheap stuff is steel - sigh.

As far as I can tell, there are no good C&R Handguns "coming down the pike" - that I know of.

Mosin Nagant long-guns ? no no no no no. I love antiques, but really ?

CZ82 is an amazing C&R weapon. I'd love to shoot mine more, but my Range requires BRASS ammo - the cheap stuff is steel - sigh.

As far as I can tell, there are no good C&R Handguns "coming down the pike" - that I know of.

Money's a bit tight right now, I'm eying a Polish Tokarev as a first purchase to get my C&R feet wet.

Money's a bit tight right now, I'm eying a Polish Tokarev as a first purchase to get my C&R feet wet.

I love my Romanian Tokarev. I stopped shooting cheap corrosive ammo and started reloading for it. Tricky round to reload but they shoot well.

I reload for my cz82.... starline makes great brass... and 9mm luger can be cut down.... finding projectiles is the toughest part.....
might be easier to find a different range ;)

Last edited:
I'm looking to apply for my ffl and I was wondering if I can get some info. I'm looking for someone from s.e. Mass that I could ask a few questions
Thanks

Mike

I'm looking to apply for my ffl and I was wondering if I can get some info. I'm looking for someone from s.e. Mass that I could ask a few questions
Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike,

If you're talking a C&R FFL, it's not really a local matter - it is Federal.

You DO have to notify your local Chief of Police, but you do not have to ask permission.

Obviously, if you don't have an appropriate LTC in your locale already, eyebrows may be raised.

Hi Mike,

You DO have to notify your local Chief of Police, but you do not have to ask permission.

Obviously, if you don't have an appropriate LTC in your locale already, eyebrows may be raised.

I believe the one that would fit me best is a[h=2]Type 07 FFL[/h]

I am in Taunton and got my c&r ffl a year or two ago. Still havnt used it for much (just one gun under it to save a guys ftf)

Legally it can't be used "instead of a FTF eFA-10" from a MA resident. MA does NOT recognize C&R FFLs, so you get no in-state benefit from it, strictly out of MA it benefits you greatly.

Even for a c&r to a c&r transfer?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

MA does NOT recognize C&R FFLs, period!!

Folks need to understand that you MUST comply with BOTH Federal and State Laws!

C&R only gets you compliance with Federal Laws. It does NOTHING wrt compliance with State Laws.

MA does NOT recognize C&R FFLs, period!!

Folks need to understand that you MUST comply with BOTH Federal and State Laws!

C&R only gets you compliance with Federal Laws. It does NOTHING wrt compliance with State Laws.

I didn't realize that the state doesn't recognise federal firearm licenses. We both assumed that it was the same as a class 1 ffl to ffl transfer.

Is this a case law, state law, or just common practice thing for mass?

I understand that liberal states love to ignore federal laws when it's convenient, but how do they get around this one? Does mgl specify which ffl's are recognised?

(Btw I am not trolling or being a d#ck, just genuinely interested. Nothing this state does to screw with law abiding citizens surprises me.)

I suggest that you do some reading or good quality training!

The BATFE Regs book (Q&A IIRC) state unequivocally that possession of a Dealer FFL does NOT give one the right to CCW anywhere, merely to conduct business of buying/selling.

In general, Fed Law can not overrule state laws. That's why NRs even with a NR LTC can NOT purchase anything legally in MA from a MA Dealer even though said dealer holds an FFL.

I suggest that you do some reading or good quality training!

The BATFE Regs book (Q&A IIRC) state unequivocally that possession of a Dealer FFL does NOT give one the right to CCW anywhere, merely to conduct business of buying/selling.

In general, Fed Law can not overrule state laws. That's why NRs even with a NR LTC can NOT purchase anything legally in MA from a MA Dealer even though said dealer holds an FFL.

Pm inbound

Hi Mike,

I'm looking for someone from s.e. Mass that I could ask a few questions about getting a Type 07 FFL
Thanks

Mike

I'm looking for someone from s.e. Mass that I could ask a few questions about getting a Type 07 FFL
Thanks

Mike

Local folks that would look upon you as a potential competitor aren't likely to help you out.

Why not talk with Jack? He's in Littleton, knowledgeable and helpful.

Another possibility is to track down the guy that owns 1776, they moved to FL from Walpole so would not worry about MA competition. The BATFE database of FFLs might give you the name under MA from a few months ago, then try looking in FL for the same name and see if you an contact them.

Be happy to talk to you from the "07 FFL capitol of the world". 978-486-8975 days. Jack.

Thanks alot Jack...I'll definitely be in touch either tomorrow or next week

Here's a little info about me and a quick question... I have a small machine shop that I run part time out of my garage in westport. I get all my work online and I have a tax id #.I'm interested in getting more into gunsmithing and would like to get a ffl.Has any new info come out for ffls? What is the definition of "storefront" as far as the state is concerned?Thanks for any info

Mike

Thanks alot Jack...I'll definitely be in touch either tomorrow or next week

Here's a little info about me and a quick question... I have a small machine shop that I run part time out of my garage in westport. I get all my work online and I have a tax id #.I'm interested in getting more into gunsmithing and would like to get a ffl.Has any new info come out for ffls? What is the definition of "storefront" as far as the state is concerned?Thanks for any info

Mike

Not 100% sure if true but i remember reading somewhere that it cannot be part of your house. Idk if this is true or if this is just for certain citys or states or w.e

Back
Top Bottom