Fighter Jets

Not Strike Eagles, just Eagles if they’re from Westfield.

Strike Eagles are dark grey and can kill things in the air and on the ground. Eagles only kill in the air.

And yes, to someone that doesn’t claim to be an expert, F14s and F15s look close enough; delta wings (unless the Tomcat has swung them forward), twin engines, twin vert stabs.

I just saw two Japanese Zeros fly over being followed by a pair F14 Tomcats.....What's going on?
6c0lcp.jpg

It was awesome. Those were the days.

Great aircraft, the F14.
Lovely plumage, innit?
Grrr, I came here to post that.

Wouldn't

If you look at the OP, I never claimed to be an aviation expert. I said they reminded me of F-14's or what ever they used to scramble out of Otis in the early 70's when a Russian Trawler would come too close. I was a little kid playing with Hermit Crabs and Periwinkles in the marsh. They'd swing out over Wings Neck then boom, off they'd go. I just thought that was awesome.
That was part of the fun at Hampton Beach in the early 70s, seeing all those planes coming or going into Pease. I remember seeing almost like convoys of aircraft and my Father told me that it was supplies heading for Vietnam.

At approximately 10:39 AM I saw two Jets in Beverly rising up heading toward Gloucester. I doubt they came from Beverly Airport. I'm no aviation expert but they were reminiscent of the F-14 Tomcats I used to see down the Cape in the 70's. Something going on I don't know about? Zappa, please reply as I'm sure you have the answer.
Heard them in Gloucester earlier today. Pretty loud. My 90 year old grandmother called me and asked if it’s the Russians…

When I lived in Plainville they had a school terrorist exercise at an abandoned elementary school. They had low flying helicopters and explosives but didn’t tell anyone before hand haha. I wasn’t scared tho, I pushed my elbow back to feel my ccw (you know the technique) and lit up a Kool.

My father in law still mentions Zeroes every time he sees a Mitsubishi car. I wonder what Honda, Toyota, Suzuki, Subaru, Yamaha, etc. made for the Japs in WWII.

Honda made engines and engine parts, and were a major Toyota subcontractor.

Toyota made trucks.

Suzuki made some small parts, but at the time it was a weaving-loom maker; it kept on making looms, mostly.

Subaru didn't exist, but its forerunner was Nakajima. They made Kate bombers, as well as many many other kinds of aircraft.

Yamaha was a piano manufacturer. They made airplane propellers, mostly, and other structural parts.

That was part of the fun at Hampton Beach in the early 70s, seeing all those planes coming or going into Pease. I remember seeing almost like convoys of aircraft and my Father told me that it was supplies heading for Vietnam.
I was a lucky kid, every summer, one weekend at my Dad's parents place in Pocasset with our front door 25' from the seawall and the next weekend at my Mom's parents on A street at Hampton Beach. Down the Cape I'd go fishing, claming & lobstering with my Grandfather then swim in that 70° Buzzards Bay water. At dawn and dusk it looked like a lake if there was no wind.
Hampton Beach was spent at the Happy Hampton and Playland, walking Ashworth Ave to the Lobster Pound then back to the House on Ocean Ave with my other Grandfather then into that 55° water with 3' waves and white caps. My poor little prepubescent package would shrivel up to nothing but I didn't care. I remember one weekend it was just me, no brothers to play with. I spent hours throwing an empty Coke can into the waves, catching it, and throwing it back again.

Wouldn't a simulated explosion just be an explosion? Unless they're playing it over speakers.

Either way they're not fooling me, I'm bringing sand bags up to my roof for overwatch
I think you should win the Internet for today, for that observation. [laugh]

I was in Beverly and what I assumed to be a black hawk went over head and towards Salem. About an hour later there were a bunch on (19+-) explosions. One guy thought they might be blasting. I shrugged and said "either that or Bostons gone!" 15 min later the fighters flew overhead.

I was in Beverly and what I assumed to be a black hawk went over head and towards Salem. About an hour later there were a bunch on (19+-) explosions. One guy thought they might be blasting. I shrugged and said "either that or Bostons gone!" 15 min later the fighters flew overhead.
I heard them too, just as I finished up loading the truck for our weekly trip to America aka the 603. I took the Raul Julia approach from the Gumball Rally.

View: https://youtu.be/AjGXn249Fc0

Honda made engines and engine parts, and were a major Toyota subcontractor.

Toyota made trucks.

Suzuki made some small parts, but at the time it was a weaving-loom maker; it kept on making looms, mostly.

Subaru didn't exist, but its forerunner was Nakajima. They made Kate bombers, as well as many many other kinds of aircraft.

Yamaha was a piano manufacturer. They made airplane propellers, mostly, and other structural parts.
gotta also mention mitsubishi, which is actually #2 after toyota, isuzu. daihatsu and mitsuoka.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom