Filling out an FA-10 questions

Rockrivr1

NES Member
I received the FA-10 forms from the FRB and I'm about to fill them out for two C&R purchases and I don't want to screw them up. I'm wondering what, if anything, I need to put in the Seller section. Should I be inputting the vendors information in this section or just leave it blank? If I fill it out, I only have the name and address of the company, not the FFL numbers. Is that enough?

Yes, I know I should probably know this already, but this is my first time doing this with my C&R and as I said above, I don't want to make a mistake.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
My FA-10s are dated 10/98, so newer ones may have different info. However, you are "REGISTERING" not reporting a FTF or Dealer transaction.

Instructions are printed on back of cover page (on mine) for "Registration": Weapon and Buyer info ONLY.

IMNSHO if you fill in an out-of-state source and it's a pistol, you might expect an unpleasant visit from "the man" if they ever audit these forms. Since MA does not recognize a C&R FFL and Fed Law makes it illegal for a non FFL (C&R does count, but MA ignores that) to buy pistols out of state.

The date on the form for "transaction" is supposed to be the date you received it! That's the law and if you don't file the FA-10 within 7 days of receipt you are in violation of the law. Failure to do so is grounds for criminal prosecution and more likely denial of LTC renewal. You sign these forms under "pains and penalties of perjury.

Last edited:
Check the Registration box up top then fill out the buyer info in the middle of the page, check the appropriate box for, rifle, handgun, shotgun etc.. fill in the info on the firearm, serial # etc.. sign it and mail it in.

Back
Top Bottom