• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fished Pottapaug followed by BBQ and Shooting!

Had my first real fishing trip of the year this weekend. Two friends and I went up to the Quabbin Res and rented a boat to fish the Pottapaug section. It was pretty cold and drizzled all morning. The fish weren't really hitting yet and we each only got one fish each. One guy pulled in a 2 pound largemouth and the other guy got a small pickerel while I pulled in the biggest pickerel I have ever seen. The thing was so damn fat it was almost comical.

If anyone plans on going up to Quabbin be aware the have new motors on the rented boats that are 2.5 HP so it is really slow going.

Even though the weather sucked and the fish were slow it was a great time and now we know of a few spots we can check out again. I love fishing![smile]

After fishing we fired up the grill for some BBQ then I took my friends to the range, one of them has never shot before so he was pretty excited and we had a great time.

We called it "Man Day", fishing, BBQ and Shooting. Doesn't get much better then that.

We wanted to get some crayfish but none of the local shops had any yet, said it was too cold? I was switching between red culprit worms and couple different kinami/senko stuff. The culprit was getting the most nibbles and is what I got the fat ass pickerel on. The only bass was taken on some kind of red/orange worm.

Back
Top Bottom