fitchburg gun show

I'm in the market for an old fashioned pump 22lr, like a Winchester or Remington. Anyone see anything that looked like a good deal for something like that?

I'm in the market for an old fashioned pump 22lr, like a Winchester or Remington. Anyone see anything that looked like a good deal for something like that?

Not sure about the show(I'm going tomorrow) but there is a pump .22 at Four Seasons. I don't remember what it was or the price but it is probably listed on their website.

There's a Remington 121 at Four Seasons . I called and their description led me to think it was a bit too over priced for me. I'd look at KTP , they have Remington 12's priced right on occasion.

I saw the one at Four Seasons, it was something like $359, but it was kinda beat up, not sure if it's worth it.

Anyone going sunday? I might take a quick trip up there.... just for the hell of it.

-Mike

GOAL table had some success this morning when I was there. I left at 1pm and it seemed like it was slowing down.

Good to see so many NES'rs!!

Saw quite a bit of .380 , priced at $20 a box of 50. Think it was the privi stuff .
Wonder if that was some of the container we got in two weeks ago... it was sold out in 30 minutes.

I'd be willing to bet this show won't be around next year. Spoke with a dealer friend who said that he won't be back. And he knows of several other dealers who are thinking along the same lines.
Richie Callaghan told me he wasn't going to go this year - he should be at Hanson in a few weeks, though.

I gotta tell ya, I SCORED at this show.

I bought a GSG-5 Titanium anniversary edition with the SD barrel shroud for 500.00, a Dan Wesson .22lr 6" revolver with original box, manual and barrel tool for 400.00, I found a 4 pound jug of 2400 for reasonable dough, and I bought a ton of extremely hard to find HK mags (about 900.00 dollars worth, literally) for less than half of that!

Best show I've have had yet.

I think there is a general expectation that ammo prices, and maybe used gun prices will be dropping as the new administration panic is waning. That might have kept people's wallets in their britches for this show. I like the venue. It is a nice room, good location, plenty of parking etc. It also fell on a weekend that I wasn't going to NH to experience real freedom. The show needs time to develop a following. The vendors need to stop thinking they can up their prices 15-30% for a gun show premium too. The government might think the recession is over but people that work for a living and the ones that want to work for a living but suffered an interuption are still feeling deeply "recessed." There were more reloading dealers at this show as someone mentioned earlier but considering how many people reload you'd think there would be more people selling components, teaching the art to newbies, and demonstrating machines....of which I only saw one and it was in a box. There is a reason mailorder reloading suppliers are so necessary for us reloaders. The local shops can't or won't stock what I want and the gun shows have too little and usually for far too much money. If I didn't have a NH address to have my supplies sent to I'd be in a rubber room.

A shot in the dark here..

Did anybody catch the price of the Oakley SI M-Frame Strike Arrays the guy selling knives had near the far wall ? I have no idea why I didn't ask him,I think I was talking to someone at the time.

US Standard Issue sells them for $80,but I am no longer .mil to get access.

I'd be willing to bet this show won't be around next year. Spoke with a dealer friend who said that he won't be back. And he knows of several other dealers who are thinking along the same lines. For me, it sure wasn't worth the 9 bucks to get in.

We are not going back and four other large dealers said the same. The promoters need to spread these apart. We have talked to them but they bark back "its our show" we run it as we wish..ok then...n=have a nice Fing day[wink]

On another note I just ordered the new Savage tactical hunter. Fluted barrel with adjustable check rest and acru trigger. I debated .... 30-06 or 308 so I ordered two. One for the store and one for me. That way I can put off my decision for a week or so...I am leaning towards the 30-06. I know the 308 has better ballistics but I guess I like the short range hitting power of the 30-06...showing my age[laugh]

I think there is a general expectation that ammo prices, and maybe used gun prices will be dropping as the new administration panic is waning. That might have kept people's wallets in their britches for this show. I like the venue. It is a nice room, good location, plenty of parking etc. It also fell on a weekend that I wasn't going to NH to experience real freedom. The show needs time to develop a following. The vendors need to stop thinking they can up their prices 15-30% for a gun show premium too. The government might think the recession is over but people that work for a living and the ones that want to work for a living but suffered an interuption are still feeling deeply "recessed." There were more reloading dealers at this show as someone mentioned earlier but considering how many people reload you'd think there would be more people selling components, teaching the art to newbies, and demonstrating machines....of which I only saw one and it was in a box. There is a reason mailorder reloading suppliers are so necessary for us reloaders. The local shops can't or won't stock what I want and the gun shows have too little and usually for far too much money. If I didn't have a NH address to have my supplies sent to I'd be in a rubber room.

When I get there today I will be sure to raise the prices 15 to 30 percent[laugh].
Most dealers have stock from the "rush" so prices remain high. Also some dealers are always high. A couple who are in the reloading business have had prices up even before the great "ERROR" of Obama.

But if you have a N.H. address why buy from a gun show anyway. You can get dealer prices if you have a C+R from most companies.

Dont worry, after the health care bill passes, cap and trade, open boarders, tax hikes all will be OK.........[puke]

Despite all the doom and gloom here, I did quite well at the show and I'm glad I went. I spent every last dollar I brought to the show... mostly on ammo... and learned a lot on scopes. Had a good time. The parking lot was completely full too... so attendance couldn't have been all that bad. Sadly, brand name scopes were in short supply. I wish the folks selling the "no-name" Chinese generics, copies and spoofs would bring along a few name brand scopes just for chits & giggles.

It wasn't West Springfield... but West Springfield sucked for me due to high prices and virtually no ammo. It wasn't Marlboro either, which was so crowded inside that I couldn't even breathe. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Funny but I did hear a few of those blatantly asinine questions that 50 BMG spoke of. I felt a little bad for the vendors that had to field them.

CLMN

We are not going back and four other large dealers said the same. The promoters need to spread these apart. We have talked to them but they bark back "its our show" we run it as we wish..ok then...n=have a nice Fing day[wink]

We were discussing this at MF&G yesterday (the 50 yd range was very busy most of the day [smile]).

Like Fred, I think having multiple shows just 1-2 weeks apart and within 50 miles of each other is ridiculous. It'll be the "same old, same old" and not worth the time/money to "make them all". Meanwhile it is 4-6 months between "groups of shows" in Eastern MA.

But I've known (and dealt with) Carole for >20 years and she'll do whatever she wants to do, logic and reasoning be damned.

Too bad, with some good planning and spreading them out, the Fitchburg, Marlboro and Wilmington venues could all be good, successful shows without eating into each other's clientèle.

One thing I forgot to mention earlier. When I went to retrieve the magazines for my 3914, the older guy at the table mentioned that the detail cop had remarked on "how much ammo" I was carrying. Which I thought was funny considering the options I had for carrying yesterday. Maybe it's me, but I don't think of 25 rounds of 9mm as a lot of ammunition. [grin]

I went to this show and showed up first thing Sat morning. I thought it was pretty good overall.

I bought inexpensive ammo (9mm)- score
I bought a $10 holster - score
I bought a magazine for an old Smith that is hard to find - score
I bought a used Para for Less than dealer websites $$ - Score

Some of the Dealers were obviously smoking crack with their December 2008 prices, but there were about 5 tables with reasonable prices and after haggling, I think I got some good deals.

The coolest thing about this show were the non-mass compliant (if the y were new) firearms. The trick was to go through pre-98 stuff or other items traded in that are on the list, but not available new. At least it wasn't the same old same old of ever mass dealer.

.....If I only lived in Texas.

Ya know what confuses me ?

***I would have started another thread for this,but it will eventually end up with some kid telling me the way things should be and why I am wrong because he is all internet grown up,and then the thread will morph into a discussion about cotton panties and yeast infections with women during the summer..***

Dealers can certainly raise their prices on existing inventory to react to supply and demand,but they rarely lower their prices to react to market conditions.

Me and my buddy were talking to one dealer complaining about lack of sales.On his table were Portugese .308 battle packs for $170.. each..Of course they aren't going to sell when 2 dealers within 100 feet of the guy were selling the same things for $60 -$70 less.

I really believe a lot of dealers are still living in Obama dreamland and got used to raping customers over the past year or so.They are just disgusted the market changed not in their favor..During this time I have observed certain dealers and the raping they were handing out in regards to prices,and I will never do business with them again.

So hang tight people,it will be a buyers market again and WE will be setting the price points.

I got the Oakleys I went back today for as well,which made me happy camper.[smile]

Last edited:
I was suposed to take a friend that lives in Fitchburg to this show (his first). For a number of reasons we were not able to meet at the show, so he went by himself. On his way out the person at the gate demanded to see what was in the bag he was carrying...it was just a couple of books.

He thought that was SOP for gun shows.....I came and went several times with bags of beef jerky, bullets, and other doodads they never gave me a second look. This happen to anyone else?

I was suposed to take a friend that lives in Fitchburg to this show (his first). For a number of reasons we were not able to meet at the show, so he went by himself. On his way out the person at the gate demanded to see what was in the bag he was carrying...it was just a couple of books.

He thought that was SOP for gun shows.....I came and went several times with bags of beef jerky, bullets, and other doodads they never gave me a second look. This happen to anyone else?

Nope, never at any show. I had a case of .223 on my shoulder and so a friend was carrying the bag of smaller stuff I bought. I stopped to retrieve my ammunition, he just walked right by. Other shows where I've bought stuff no one has looked twice when I left carrying bags. I'm not sure what good it would do them to look, as a lot of times there's no receipt or paperwork unless it's a gun.

Weird.

So hang tight people,it will be a buyers market again and WE will be setting the price points.

I got the Oakleys I went back today for as well,which made me happy camper.[smile]

I don't know that it will ever be a buyer's market or that it ever was. I do think that prices will come down to earth as the market is probably pretty well saturated.

I also have to wonder if some people who went out and bought firearms in a panic are going to reconsider and sell off some of what they bought. Or even all of it in some cases. In which case there might be a buyers market for FTF sales.

Time will tell.

Used to be a show in Sturbridge where the cops would check purchased guns going out the door but they didn't do searches if you had a bag.

Nobody bothered with the empty backpack I took out of Fitchburg Saturday.

I imagine some of the dealers had prices reflecting what they paid their suppliers for the items. Thats what happens if you don't move your inventory fast enough in a spiraling market...you have to eat your losses.

Did anyone take the UTAH CCW permit class with Andy Piscitelle? He was on the far left of the building towards the front. A heavy set guy with his own table. The Perfect Trigger table was passing out his cards. I wish I had sat through his three hour class on Saturday. Although its not a guaranteed getting your permit approved by Utah, that alone would have been worth the trip to the show.

Has anyone seen him before? I've been to a number of local shows and this is the first time I've seen him offering classes for Utah CCW.

Last edited:
Ya know what confuses me ?

Dealers can certainly raise their prices on existing inventory to react to supply and demand,but they rarely lower their prices to react to market conditions.

Me and my buddy were talking to one dealer complaining about lack of sales.On his table were Portugese .308 battle packs for $170.. each..Of course they aren't going to sell when 2 dealers within 100 feet of the guy were selling the same things for $60 -$70 less.

I really believe a lot of dealers are still living in Obama dreamland and got used to raping customers over the past year or so.They are just disgusted the market changed not in their favor..During this time I have observed certain dealers and the raping they were handing out in regards to prices,and I will never do business with them again.
Excellent points, Greg, and a great post.

I think that a part of the problem may be that the dealer bought the guns or ammo during the height of the scare, and now they are sitting there with, say, battle packs they spent $140 for. It's tough to have to eat a huge chunk of that money just to move the inventory. I've been hearing this in my new job (and boy, am I getting an education fast - I never thought of this stuff before!).

So they may not be so much trying to screw someone as to not get screwed themselves.

I had that discussion with one of the dealers on Sunday Afternoon. He was doing the paperwork for my buddy's purchase (stag lower at $125 and a lower kit for 75). I asked him how the show was.

He said that he sold more guns at this one than at Springfield or Marlboro despite lower attendance. When I asked why he said " have you looked at some of the prices here? Some of the dealers are pricing things like they don't want to sell them. It's not your problem that they paid too much for them"

Greg, you did not mention the incredible deal you got on a coffee Saturday. Do expound.
Other than that, I did fantastic. Got a ton of ammo for my 9mm Mak. and P1917 (.30-06); some M1911 parts including grips and then a red dot optic for the M16's .22lr convesioin kit etc. Very happy with this show.
Yup, prices varied tremendously. It's a capitalist market. You shop, compare and then decide.
Great show, will go back if they have it again.

Did anyone take the UTAH CCW permit class with Andy Piscitelle? He was on the far left of the building towards the front. A heavy set guy with his own table. The Perfect Trigger table was passing out his cards. I wish I had sat through his three hour class on Saturday. Although its not a guaranteed getting your permit approved by Utah, that alone would have been worth the trip to the show.

Has anyone seen him before? I've been to a number of local shows and this is the first time I've seen him offering classes for Utah CCW.

The instructor told me the he has an exclusive with the people that run the show to do the UTAH class.

Had quite a few join GOAL on Saturday while I was there.

Back
Top Bottom