fitchburg gun show

I was never asked last month @ Marlboro and I had two guns on me. Maybe there was a sign and I missed it.

This is typical.... most of the time they ask, but I've had occasions where they didn't ask, and just gleefully collected my money.

Most of the time they also ziptie your gun, but I've had cases where they did not. In some cases they will also hold your ammo/mags for you at
the door in a ziplock bag, although most of the time they just give you a pouch or something to put it in.

-Mike

I'll be there Saturday...So if I carry, I just have to seperate the ammo from the weapon? or do they zip tie it anyhow???

Looking for some shoulder & belt holsters for a Glock 26 and any deals on a larger revolver or a Beretta M9...or just about anything else that catches my eye :)

Zip tie.

Show had some empty tables and a short waiting line this AM.

Ammo has gone down a bit since this show has competition inside. GT 7.62x39 $200 a case/1000 Steel cased Tula .223 was about $200 a case also at one table. 9mm ammo was cheaper too. These were the prices at another table, not the guy from NY. Saw some .50 for $3 a round at one of the tables too, small supply though. They also had cases and bullets for .50.

Prices ran the gamut again with GSG-5s running from about $600 to $479.

50 cal ammo cans for $6.

Just heard of this show the other day from my brother (he'll have tables) but I'll stay here. No sense driving hours to see prices 2x-3x what they are here.

Got back a little while ago from the show. I wound up getting a case of Golden Tiger 7.62x39 for $200, a pre ban Glock 23 mag, and some jerky. Unfortunately I was broke this week so the ammo, mag, and jerky was all I could afford. I could have went nuts though because there were some good prices on ammo and guns. The crowd wasn't even bad.

Most dealers had their guns priced at least fair with some really good deals here and there. Its almost as if things are going back to pre-election prices now that the hysteria has died down and guns and ammo are available again.

Some are still price gouging but I saw plenty of guns I'd have handed over the cash for if I had it. My father was glad to see the NY ammo dealer that usually only does Wilmington. He had bricks of Wolf .22lr Match Target for $45.

All in all I'd say it was a good show.

Got back a little while ago from the show. I wound up getting a case of Golden Tiger 7.62x39 for $200, a pre ban Glock 23 mag, and some jerky. Unfortunately I was broke this week so the ammo, mag, and jerky was all I could afford. I could have went nuts though because there were some good prices on ammo and guns. The crowd wasn't even bad.

Most dealers had their guns priced at least fair with some really good deals here and there. Its almost as if things are going back to pre-election prices now that the hysteria has died down and guns and ammo are available again.

Some are still price gouging but I saw plenty of guns I'd have handed over the cash for if I had it. My father was glad to see the NY ammo dealer that usually only does Wilmington. He had bricks of Wolf .22lr Match Target for $45.

All in all I'd say it was a good show.

It was decent, but one guy I know that was working for a friend of his said that there was less floor traffic than they expected. As someone said, there was a whole block of tables empty. I didn't think that there were any deals on guns, but one guy had ammo at decent prices. Some was Golden Tiger, some was Uly. I bought a case of Uly steel case .223 for $210. I wish I had more money because I would have bought a case of 9mm too.

I also bought and Eyepal. I tried it and at least inside it seemed to make the sights more clear. Comes with a money back guarantee and even though I bought the rifle set, the guy threw in one for handguns as well. For $20 I figured I can't go wrong.

I'm starting to pay more attention to AR prices now that I have one and they were all over the place. Which given the number of manufacturers and various options shouldn't be a surprise.

Just heard of this show the other day from my brother (he'll have tables) but I'll stay here. No sense driving hours to see prices 2x-3x what they are here.

I saw your brother. At least I think so, he's the parts dealer from ME, right? I've bought some parts from him and always found him good to deal with.

Precisely what I'm seeing as I call gunshops around the country in my new job - the guns aren't moving as fast as they were, and the distribution channel is pretty well full up for EBRs, and most other stuff. Exceptions being things like the KelTec P3ATs and Colt Defenders (which, of course, we can't own here in MA! But I can sell them... [rolleyes]).

Precisely what I'm seeing as I call gunshops around the country in my new job - the guns aren't moving as fast as they were, and the distribution channel is pretty well full up for EBRs, and most other stuff. Exceptions being things like the KelTec P3ATs and Colt Defenders (which, of course, we can't own here in MA! But I can sell them... [rolleyes]).

Hopefully ammo will follow the trend. I should be more specific in that there were some decently priced guns. Just none that I was interested in. I saw some older S&W revolvers that I thought were very high, although they were complete with box and obviously aimed at collectors, not shooters.

I think some dealers still have optimistic pricing, longing for the past year or so of happy times.

I saw one table with 5.56 in 200 rnd battle packs (white box) for $75 cash. ONe guy had 1000 pulled .223 bullets for $80. Not bad for plinking. There was an assortment of primers too. Primer prices are still out of bounds running $38-$40/K for the normal brands and a bit less for the plentiful Wolf brand primers. I still say gun show prices for pistols and revolvers are too high. I'll be happy with the guns I have if the prices are going to stay like this. The only money I spent was to renew my GOAL membership and buy a ticket to their gun drawing.

One of the dealers noticably missing that usually has a large display is the guy from Mendon that sells all the safes.

As an FYI, I was at the Walmart in Guilford NH last weekend and they had half a dozen cases of Federal 9mm. They had Remington and UMC .223 also in decent quantity on the shelf. The kid at the counter said .40 S&W and .380 were supposed to be on the next truck. The drought may be lifting.

Last edited:
I saw your brother. At least I think so, he's the parts dealer from ME, right? I've bought some parts from him and always found him good to deal with.

Yup. If there's a part, chances are he's got it. Had to go get some from him myself last week.

Yup. If there's a part, chances are he's got it. Had to go get some from him myself last week.

He had some older AR mags, but no 20 rounders that I wanted. Still, he has a really good selection of parts.

I've never seen so many Lugers. All of them way over-priced of course

I noticed that too. Damn, I wish I knew you were going to be there. We need some sort of rallying point, secret handshake, or something so we know who is a NES member. I saw two people I know, but neither is on here to the best of my knowledge.

I may not be there after all... my cold is not getting better. [crying] We'll see how I feel in the AM.

Heh. I wish. .380 is still damn near non-existent.

I didn't notice any, but then again I wasn't looking for it. There seemed to be plenty, but prices still seemed high for most of it.

I showed up early to be first in line, and had a chance to talk to "Don" who is part of the organization that runs the show. He mentioned that they sold less tables this year than last year, and that the empty tables were gonna really stick out. I think he felt a little better after seeing the good size crowd of customers that were waiting in line.

Good to see so many vendors with ammo, which drove the prices down from outrageously obscene to just outrageous. First time I've seen a 1000 round box of 7.62x39mm for under $200 in a long time. There were also a good many folks selling reloading components, so there was a good chance you could find what you were looking for.

I was a little pissed the cleaning supplies / target vendor wasn't there, because I was hoping to pick up some patches, but I grabbed some on the way home so no big deal. I did score on some Northeast cast lead bullets - a box of 500 each .44 cal, 200 grain flat-nosed target bullets for $15. Just in time for the Pumpkin shoot!

Good to see many of the usual faces.

Oh, and thanks to Milsurps4Me for the 15 seconds of excitement after he told me the German G43 rifle on Terry Goode's rack was going for $1000....

Ooops! It was really $2400. Thanks, Ray - give an old man a heart attack, why don't you?

All in all, I thought is was a pretty good show. Gun prices were sky-high as usual, but I saw a few reasonable deals. Not quite as big as Marlboro (but the wider aisles were a welcome sight), and not as close to home, but worth the drive.

Well as someone who worked the show.....it sucked.. It was dead most of the day. From about 2 o'clock on there were maybe ten people in the entire place. The last hour dealers spent more time at each other tables....There were many open tables....the promoters just moved the tables far apart to make it look like more dealers than it really was. And yes there were two rows wide open.

Having shows this close to one another just does not work. Folks just don't have the cash or are saving in case they get laid off.

If I did not have to work I would not be going tomorrow....I did see some deals, I also saw a great deal of Luger's, I found three that were priced in the $700 range but sold quickly.

Terry Goodie has a Hungarian Mosin Nagant Sniper all matching for $1300. It looks way to good however. The stock looks brand new and the receiver is dated 1953. The color of the wood is way to light, almost as light as the polish rifles. I think its a very good imitation. But then I could be wrong.

Either way, the show was terrible.....for me anyway. I would rather be busy than sit for hours talking to tire kickers who ask things like, whats 38 +P mean and what is the difference. When you start to tell them you get the "deer in the head lights " look.

Oh well one more day...it cant end soon enough!!!!!!!!

Good to see all the usual NES suspects....you know who you are...[wink]

I'd be willing to bet this show won't be around next year. Spoke with a dealer friend who said that he won't be back. And he knows of several other dealers who are thinking along the same lines. For me, it sure wasn't worth the 9 bucks to get in.

Back
Top Bottom