fitchburg gun show

are we just going to grab bar food? if so why not stick with some loose plans like meet up early at the show, mingle, shop and what not then head to a bar when we are all ready and eat and hang out?

I think having a solid time and place are best, that way if someone can't make it to the show but wants to make it to lunch, they can.

I don't have to lift the dog after all... I'll be there when they open Saturday. Not sure if I want to buy anything, will see when I get there.

i may actually go saturday, i will have to check the bank balance tomorrow. i really would like to grab some AR mags at the very least. we'll see i guess.

if there is any kind of NES meeting going to go down at the show i might try to make it at a specific time. then again we all could wander our way to the GOAL table eventually and have a meet and greet there. thoughts?

it depends on who is there. a guy i bought a couple hundred rounds of .45 and 9mm from at the marlboro show had a few cases of speer gold dot. it wasn't cheap but he had it.

How about plain old 9mm target ammo? There's not much need for me to have a lot of carry ammo... what little I have feeds and fires just perfect, just like the target ammo, so no need to practice much with it.

if there is any kind of NES meeting going to go down at the show i might try to make it at a specific time. then again we all could wander our way to the GOAL table eventually and have a meet and greet there. thoughts?

i think meeting at the goal table sounds like a good idea.

i'm going to see what time my girlfriend would like to go even if all she will do is sit at the bar or in the car. [laugh]

prepper: when i was buying american eagle 9mm i think i was paying $2-3 less than retail at DSG so $11.99-12.99/50 rds. case price was a little cheaper if i remember correctly. i remember i had bigger savings on .45 (also american eagle) which was $14.99/15.99 to DSG's $19.99/50 of UMC.

out of S&B, independence, WWB, UMC, or american eagle i prefer american eagle. always feeds good and it's nowhere near as dirty as the others.

We have been at the last few shows in the area selling Lin-Speed at our table- Sprinfield, Marlboro, Wilmington and again in Springfield a coulple of weeks ago. Generally the shows are similar but you will find new stuff all the time as inventory goes. There was a table at the last Springfield show and the fellow had an amazing assortment of colt revolvers and antique powder horns among other beautiful stuff. He wasn't new to the trade but in the last several Springfield shows he is new. I have found gun folks to be some of the most genuinely nice people to interact with overall. Lin-Speed will be at the Fitchburg show and we look forward to seeing all the good folks from NES this weekend.

Bringing a trade to a show

I'm thinking about bringing a possible trade to this show. This will be my first show. How would I go about doing this? Would I leave it secured in my car until the deal is made? Anyone ever done this?
Thanks

I'm thinking about bringing a possible trade to this show. This will be my first show. How would I go about doing this? Would I leave it secured in my car until the deal is made? Anyone ever done this?
Thanks

Walk in with it, they secure it at the door with a zip tie. Atleast that's what they did in wilmington.

i'm probably going to be at the show trying to scrounge up some mags. i'll probably be there around 11-12, i'll swing by the GOAL table to see if any of you guys are there.

Depends, I doubt some of the junk/smaller table sellers are going to have machines. Frankly I would bring cash for any gun show purchases. Would
suck to find some guy has a bunch of (whatever) you want, and then not be able to pay for it because of a formality. There aren't exactly a bunch of
ATMs near that part of town, either. (RPTC is basically out in the middle of nowhere as far as Fitchburg is concerned. )

-Mike

I saw this happen at the Wilmington show. A guy at the back had a bunch of .223 ammo and it was going like hotcakes. One poor guy had stopped by early and asked them to hold two cases. When he went back to buy the ammo their credit card machine was down, and he couldn't make the buy. Someone else stepped right up and grabbed the two cases.

The general consensus seems to be that there isn't going to be a set time to meet for lunch, nor a set place to meet for lunch. In fact, there may not even be a lunch.

I don't know the area so if lunch is decided upon, hopefully someone will have some ideas and/or directions.

I will be at the GOAL table from 9-1, so I'll see anyone who stops by.

The general consensus seems to be that there isn't going to be a set time to meet for lunch, nor a set place to meet for lunch. In fact, there may not even be a lunch.

I don't know the area so if lunch is decided upon, hopefully someone will have some ideas and/or directions.

I will be at the GOAL table from 9-1, so I'll see anyone who stops by.

im from the area, so i can toss up some ideas for lunch when the time comes if you would like. i plan to be there at about 900 to 915

any females or wifes/girlfriends going to this show? trying to get the fiancee out but its going to be a battle...

my girlfriend is most likely coming with me. i did warn her that gunshows are a little different than gun shops and that people may not be as friendly and a prerequisite for the show for some people is not showering for seven days prior to the show.

present company on NES excluded of course. [cheers]

EDD: that should be fine with them. all they really want is for the gun to be unable to readily chamber a round.

any females or wifes/girlfriends going to this show? trying to get the fiancee out but its going to be a battle...

I'm female, I'm going. [smile] If she's not into guns (yet), bribe her with a nice lunch date afterward. [wink]

ETA: She's still your fiance......

Back
Top Bottom