Four Seasons Firearms, Woburn, MA

That has always been my experience @ FS. Some people think it's a bit over the top, but in this state you can't be too careful.

Pretty much every gun shop in MA does this, there are only a handful that don't.

-Mike

Saturday April 9, 2011

We will have an EXPRESS CHECKOUT LANE today. Customers coming in for ammo and accessories DO NOT TAKE A NUMBER. Shop and come right up to the designated register.
For customers who would like to inquire about firearms, we have 14 staff members working today who look forward to assisting you with your shooting sports needs.

From Four Season's website this morning! Apparently they read the forums. :D

I am not sure they have an official policy but right or wrong this place is so busy I think it helps with identifying who is actually buying. I go into these stores knowing exactly what I am buying. Occassionaly you will see something used and check it out but how irritating is it when you want to make a purchase and the person in front of you is just kicking tires?

The guy behind the counter at any gun shop has no idea if you have a criminal background. By showing a Vaild MA LTC that lets them know that you have been thru a background check and that you are not a person that is prohibited from purchasing a handgun.

I am not sure they have an official policy but right or wrong this place is so busy I think it helps with identifying who is actually buying. I go into these stores knowing exactly what I am buying. Occassionaly you will see something used and check it out but how irritating is it when you want to make a purchase and the person in front of you is just kicking tires?

Maybe unlike you , some us like to kick tires and buy used firearms. That's how it's generally done.

I buy plenty of used firearms. I will see it on the website list, call make sure they have it, go in ask for it, and if it is in appropriate condition I buy it. (unless of course someone brings something new from the back) I am not opposed to buying used actually I would say I have mostly purchased used. I am talking about the process where someone has no idea what they want and think the store is some sort of museum. This process is best done at a rental range or the club. I have never gone to buy a truck and test drove every vehicle on the lot before I bought one. Oh yeah and I think they ask for a license there too.

Last edited:
I buy plenty of used firearms. I will see it on the website list, call make sure they have it, go in ask for it, and if it is in appropriate condition I buy it. (unless of course someone brings something new from the back) I am not opposed to buying used actually I would say I have mostly purchased used. I am talking about the process where someone has no idea what they want and think the store is some sort of museum. This process is best done at a rental range or the club. I have never gone to buy a truck and test drove every vehicle on the lot before I bought one. Oh yeah and I think they ask for a license there too.

Test driving every vehicle on the lot and asking to handle a few firearms behind the counter are two very different things. Maybe you like to purchase firearms based only on what you've read, but many people prefer to handle them and be sure it feels right to them first. There are plenty of guns out there that arent available to try at a range or club too. Did you forget the whole "shopping" part of buying a product?

Living in the far west, I still had never been out to FS.

On the way back from a trip to Maine, I detoured a bit today and finally got the chance to visit.

Of course, the visit turned into me unloading some paycheck on an Auto Ordnance (read "Kahr") plain Jane 1911A1. And ammo. And ammo can. And...I had to cut myself off.

It was lunchtime but they (John?) got me out in record time, and they were all crazy busy for a weekday, I thought. (I was shown a huge pile of FA10 forms from just this a.m.) I noticed everybody behind the counter was relaxed and polite, making for a more pleasant experience for customers parting with $.

Thanks, folks at Four Seasons. It's a long commute for me on the NY/VT border, but I'll be back.

Based on comments in this forum, as well as the information provided on the Four Seasons web site, I made the 90 minute trek to Woburn twice in the last week. I've picked up the M&P9 kit as well as a custom ordered rifle and my experience with this shop couldn't have been better. All staff members were patient and helpful. Even yesterday (Saturday), when the shop was packed, it didn't take long to get in, get what I wanted/ordered, and get out. I never felt rushed or hurried. Carl, great shop and thanks for all your help.

Jesus how big is this place...people make it sound like the size of a large closet.

It's exactly the same size as Hoffman's or Manchester Firing Line Range.

Except smaller.

(OK, I like browsing as much as the next guy, but the only two times I was at Four Seasons, I asked "do you have any ______ left?" and they brought them out and then I made my purchases. The size of the space only meant I exchanged "excuse me's" more often with customers squeezing by... I love that place.)

Four Seasons is somehow always packed no matter the day or time. From what i've see they do a damn good business but i'm yet to find any deals there on firearms except on their "special" days. I have found some good deals there on ammo quite often but for the most part I take my business elsewhere. I also can't stand waiting in lines so that might have something to do with it :) I've also found the staff rather unknowledgable at best but YMMV.

Four Seasons sales floor is significantly smaller then MFL. I'd say its 1/4th to 1/3rd the size.

It's exactly the same size as Hoffman's or Manchester Firing Line Range.

Except smaller.

Sorry, Dench. My late night poor attempt at humor.

Anyone who has patronized Hoffman's or MFLR will be struck with the space available at FS the first time they visit. I was just attempting to make the point of: If I'm there at FS, I'm there to buy. I don't need to wander about a large area!

I was there yesterday afternoon around 3pm. Place was busy like always. I picked up my first rifle, a ruger 10/22. I didn't really care for the feel of the polymer stock so I went with wood. Great service as usual, and they even gave me a free shotgun of my choice! Well not really, but maybe someday[smile]

Disappointed:

Went to FS this morning (9:15) to transfer (out-of-state) firearm. Was told the person that handles shipping wouldn't be in for at least an hour and a half. Employee left it at that. Apparently no one else there can handle OoS transfers. Ended up having Collector's do it.

Another great experience at Four Seasons today. Went there around lunch and it was a little busy, Matt helped me right away. He answered all my questions, he really knows his stuff!!! I left there with my brand new Ruger. Thanks again Matt. I will be back again soon.

Stopped in today to purchase a Ruger Single Six which they have a special on. For a Thursday at 10:30am it was fairly busy but I had no problem being attended to. Overall a smooth and pleasant transaction.

Im waiting outside now 30mins before they open and the parking lot is filling up fast...Damn this u guys weren't kidding when u said this place gets packed!!

sent from my Droid incredible using tapatalk

Had great experience today, same impressions as most people (small store, very busy) but was I helped right away by a guy named Eric, very informative and helpful. Smooth transaction, would Def go back there in future

Had great experience today, same impressions as most people (small store, very busy) but was I helped right away by a guy named Eric, very informative and helpful. Smooth transaction, would Def go back there in future

Wow, I sure hope you weren't there from your 8:50 a.m. post to your 7:15 p.m. post... :)
It's definately a great store. Service and prices are top notch. My only complaint is that it's over an hour from my house. I gotta find more reasons to get up that way...

Back
Top Bottom