Frog Lube. Any Users?

Been hearing a lot about this stuff so decided to give it a try. Picked up a new 1911 few weeks ago and figured that would be the perfect test subject. First impressions have been good so far. Smells like wintergreen so no chemical smells. Also all natural so very safe for the skin as well. Ive had some other clps eat right through latex gloves. The first application is a bit time consuming due to the heating required to "season" the gun. After 50rnds(gun ran like hot knife on butter) I just did a quick wipe down and just about everything came off so easily I didn't need to use any additional clp to free up anything. Couple swabs through the barrel and that was spotless as well. I decided to heat my slide up to see if this product does what it was intended to. Which is to self clean and lube the gun as its shoots. When it warms up its releases oil from the pores of the metal. After about 2secs with a blast from the heat gun I could see the oil reappear on the surface. At that point I was sold on it. So last night I cleaned the rest of my firearms along with a friend and a few of his. Right away we both agreed that even on the old used dirty guns they felt brand new afterwords and a smoother action then ever before. Now just for the range test.

Anyone else out there using this? Thoughts on it? Im starting to recommend it to all my shooting buddies now.

Bought a kit a month ago and fell in love. The seasoning is a pita but cleaning afterwards is easy as pie. Main reason for purchase was because pregnant GF could smell hoppes from upstairs and co-workers could smell it after a night of cleaning.

Great product

This is by far one of the best new products to hit the gun world. Not sure what anyone expected from an ex-frog! Have a Dan Wesson ECO in 9MM with a jamming issue not that uncommon with 1911 style 9MM. Froglubed the entire gun as recommended with heat gun etc....not one jam ever since. You can actually feel the difference when you get done with the gun. Add to that that it is all natural with no toxic odor and you have a clear winner!!

This is by far one of the best new products to hit the gun world. Not sure what anyone expected from an ex-frog! Have a Dan Wesson ECO in 9MM with a jamming issue not that uncommon with 1911 style 9MM. Froglubed the entire gun as recommended with heat gun etc....not one jam ever since. You can actually feel the difference when you get done with the gun. Add to that that it is all natural with no toxic odor and you have a clear winner!!

Will Frog Lube make my Glock 40 not explode as often?

Absolutely love it.. I use it in all of my guns. Works great and makes the guns look awesome.. I don't use anything else

All these frog lube reviews sound strikingly similar.

And all so often from low-post-count users.

1)
31O6FdI4hZL.jpg

2)
pe-pet-plastic-empty-needle-oil-bottle-10ml.jpg

3) High speed, low drag guy willing to be the front-man and provide a bunch of "no-shitters" about life in the sand box.
4) Web site.
5) "Social media strategy" [wink]
6) Profit!!!!

Last edited:
i use it, have since i got my first gun.
i can clean my guns in the kitchen without worrying about weird residues on my counters. smells better than most gun cleaners (what can i say, i didn't grow up with hoppes)
the heat treatment works best.
one thing, make sure you wipe all of it off or it starts to thicken and makes your gun sticky.

Costs a lot, works great short term. Leave it on a gun for a few months then pull that gun out of the safe and let me know how you like it. Thickens up like fricken peanut butter. Skip the hype and use a cheap lube. My $.02.

I've never used Frog Lube, but I hate it because it seems every week there's a new thread about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Costs a lot, works great short term. Leave it on a gun for a few months then pull that gun out of the safe and let me know how you like it. Thickens up like fricken peanut butter. Skip the hype and use a cheap lube. My $.02.

Yeah, friend of mine had a Beretta 92 start jamming on him after an extended period with frog lube on it. Stuff was basically sticky.

I like the Hoppe's synthetic lube... Doesn't gum up after sitting on/in the firearm for months at a time. Plus no special process needed to use it.

I need to try out Kroil when I clean my guns next. Heard lots more good things about that.

I've never used Frog Lube, but I hate it because it seems every week there's a new thread about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, friend of mine had a Beretta 92 start jamming on him after an extended period with frog lube on it. Stuff was basically sticky.

I pulled an AR out of the safe that I do t shoot often and it was damn near sealed up, could hardly pull back the charging handle. Cleaned all the shit (frog lube) out of it and never bothered with it again. I agree it smells great and lubes stuff up nicely. Maybe I'll move it from the gun cleaning supplies to beside the computed and call it a win win.

Good thing for me my guns don't sit around. They get used for the purpose they were built for and purchased for....shooting.

Good thing for me my guns don't sit around. They get used for the purpose they were built for and purchased for....shooting.

You clearly don't have anywhere near enough if every one of your guns sees range time every 2-3 months :)

It buuuuuurns!!!!!!

I pulled an AR out of the safe that I do t shoot often and it was damn near sealed up, could hardly pull back the charging handle. Cleaned all the shit (frog lube) out of it and never bothered with it again. I agree it smells great and lubes stuff up nicely. Maybe I'll move it from the gun cleaning supplies to beside the computed and call it a win win.

I've heard mixed reviews on ballistol with rusting, etc.

I've never had any problems with Hoppe's.

I've never had any problems with Ballistol [grin]

The trouble with anecdotes is that there's no control, so who knows how much of [insert favorite oil here] was used, what conditions the metal was exposed to, etc. etc.

I've never had any problems with Ballistol [grin]

The trouble with anecdotes is that there's no control, so who knows how much of [insert favorite oil here] was used, what conditions the metal was exposed to, etc. etc.

True.

I guess everyone likes something different. They are both good IMHO, and can't go wrong with either. (Hoppe's or Ballistol) I would never touch frog lube.

True.

I guess everyone likes something different. They are both good IMHO, and can't go wrong with either. (Hoppe's or Ballistol) I would never touch frog lube.

I don't think there's any gun cleaning product that smells better than Hoppes #9. But any chemical that smells good is probably bad for you [laugh]. Ballistol has what I would call an acquired smell. It smells vaguely like licorice, or so I'm told by people who like licorice (blech). I switched to Ballistol after my skin started not liking BreakFree CLP, though I've decided to give Lucas gun oil a try (not as a cleaner) as well.

But yeah, the apostles of Frog Lube can keep it. I'll pass.

I would never touch frog lube.

I won't touch it because I can't stand their social media strategy and claims.

That story on their web site about how the ex SEAL invented it? Lots of reports on the web say that it is simply repackaged Track Lube Plus, a grease for roller coasters.

http://www.tracklubeplus.com/

But if you want to pay a lot more to get it in much smaller quantities labeled Frog Lube, go right ahead. Me? I mostly use Mobil 1 or any other synthetic motor oil I happen to have lying around.

Have a read here: http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?93495-FrogLube-behind-the-scenes-at-a-glance

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom