FS has a 3 month wait on 9MM Shields

OH MY GOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!!!! a 3 month wait for the "newest" small "9" that your going to own for 2 months, shoot 1 box of WWB through have a trigger job done buy 4 holsters for and then put in the classifieds for sale 2 months later for a huge loss because the next "NEW" "9" has just come out.

Bummer.[rolleyes][pot][wink][smile]

There have been hit & miss problems with the Shield 40 as to it's dropping magazines at random while shooting them. Might be good idea to wait to see how that turns out. Lotta info on the S&W Forum on this if you're interested.
I have Shield 40 with apex trigger. I shot about 250 rounds with both magazines. Not even one problem. Pretty accurate with a nice apex trigger.
Now its my favored CCW piece.

OH MY GOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!!!! a 3 month wait for the "newest" small "9" that your going to own for 2 months, shoot 1 box of WWB through have a trigger job done buy 4 holsters for and then put in the classifieds for sale 2 months later for a huge loss because the next "NEW" "9" has just come out.

Bummer.[rolleyes][pot][wink][smile]

Shhh!

I'm counting on those guys and will snap one up when the price is right! [laugh]

just bought a 9mm at guns inc in west springfield last 9 they had, they had 5-6 .40's pretty impressed with the mass trigger smooth and crisp its heavy but not too bad considering smooth and crisp.

I am just curious what will you say after trying one with apex trigger [smile]

Bummer.

i might sell the three extra magazines on ebay

You could could also just buy a walther pps...... yes they are more money but its the same gun and in the newest james bond book he finally switches to it! So this will make yo.way cooler and more attractive to women

You could could also just buy a walther pps...... yes they are more money but its the same gun and in the newest james bond book he finally switches to it! So this will make yo.way cooler and more attractive to women

Not sure if kidding, but if you worry which gun makes you more attractive to women you are probably not old enough to own one... :D

might get apex on it don't know, pps is a little more complicated on the frame for detail strip and it was more pricey that's why i picked the shield. But there are alot of guys out there buying it cause it is the newest thing. im waiting on my comptac kydex piece to come. God i love that holster all's you have to buy is the kydex part for a new gun not a whole new holster.

Is the Shiled 9mm smaller than the M/P 9C?? I had a 9c but it was not comfortable to CC (for me, anyway) and I went with my .380 BG. I am thinking the Shield is somewhere between the 9c and the BG??

Is the Shiled 9mm smaller than the M/P 9C?? I had a 9c but it was not comfortable to CC (for me, anyway) and I went with my .380 BG. I am thinking the Shield is somewhere between the 9c and the BG??
tumblr_m7ddyhRuo61qgbuor.gif

tumblr_m6pl12xRIN1r0vc4b.gif

tumblr_m1henm92HF1r1llez.gif

Here in MA, both the PPS and the Shield come with crappy MA triggers. From what I understand, you'll have a hard time getting a trigger job on the PPS, whereas there are a lot of trigger options for the Shield.

Trigger adjustment was 14.5$ from S&W to change out the disconnector. Took 30 minutes to install, and dropped the pull to 5.5lbs.

Trigger adjustment was 14.5$ from S&W to change out the disconnector. Took 30 minutes to install, and dropped the pull to 5.5lbs.
Whoa whoa whoaaahhh how did you go about buying that?!

Or you had S&W do it in Springfield?

This thread is the reason why i dont shop at four seaons, love the forty and will never buy a shield.

Last edited:
Last time I was in, Collectors in Stoneham had 1 or 2 of each in stock. The day I picked mine up people were still coming in to get on "the list". But that may have subsided by now. I bought my Shield in 9 cause even being a .40 guy, I thought .40 would be a bit stout in this gun. I do own a .40c and Glock 27. Another reason was the extra round capacity in the 9's. I really like the M&P platform although I don't own a full sized one. The first day out with this little pistol I put 400+ rds thru it. The first 50 or so to check accuracy the the remainder basicly for function. Factory ammo and 150 reloads. Worked like a champ as expected. Trigger, well it is tough, but crisp. Was going to have it worked on but I can live with it for now.

Stopped by FS today. Put deposit on shield 9 in Sep. Tried to get a delivery estimate. Nada.
Could be S&W hasn't rec'd enough orders to schedule a production run for MA complaint model.

Back
Top Bottom