Get the shot or get discharged

My son would have gotten a " less than honorable discharge"
He will reluctantly get the shot cause he loves his country, but hates the government right now
Does he have the option of going for the J&J? So far it seems to be the better of the 3 and only 1 shot with no talk of boosters at present.

Because all of those shots allegedly had years of research, testing and a fairly harmless showing of long term ill effects.

This vax is less than one year old, zero proven long term effects, good or bad, and numerous, hundreds if not thousands of fatalities directly related to it. I’m not anti-vax, this is a decision that each individual should be allowed to make, with zero repercussions to those that refuse it, and that basic human right to decide has been taken away by our overlords who quite simply want to control every aspect of our daily lives.

That to me is the highest crime and the direct relation of the vax question itself.
Nailed it.

I don't know what I would tell my child to do these days.

An unfavorable discharge is a discharge characterization less than an Honorable. All unfavorable discharges negatively impact post-service benefits. The military will not automatically upgrade your unfavorable discharge after a period of time has passed following your separation. Service members who do not have an Honorable discharge – and fail to apply for one – are forfeiting the opportunity to access post-service benefits.

As discussed below, each discharge characterization affects eligibility for post-service benefits in distinct ways.

Honorable Discharge

Only an Honorable discharge ensures access to a full range of medical, housing, financial, and educational benefits. An Honorable discharge guarantees the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) medical benefits for a lifetime. VA access provides medical treatment, dental care, substance abuse services, and both outpatient and inpatient mental health services.

Additionally, qualifying service members with an Honorable discharge have access to educational funds through the Montgomery G.I. Bill or the Post-9/11 G.I. Bill. In addition to tuition assistance, the Post-9/11 G.I. Bill can provide a housing allowance to offset the cost of education. A service member can transfer their Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits to a qualifying spouse or dependent.

Service members with an Honorable discharge also enjoy post-service employment benefits, retention of security clearance status, burial honors, and benefits related to VA housing.

General – Under Honorable Conditions Discharge

A General Under Honorable Conditions (GUH) characterization of service is also referred to as a “General Discharge”. A GUH discharge is assigned when service was satisfactory but did not warrant an Honorable discharge. Service members with a superior service record can be assigned this discharge because of non-judicial punishment(s).

Sometimes viewed as the “second best” discharge, a General Discharge causes loss of educational benefits. Service members who receive a General Discharge do not have access to the Montgomery or the Post-9/11 G.I. Bill. Due to the stigma associated with a General discharge, certain Government jobs may also be denied to service members who receive the discharge. A service member with a General Discharge will usually have access to VA medical and dental care, as well as home loans offered by the VA

Under Other Than Honorable Conditions Discharge

This characterization of service is commonly referred to as an “Other Than Honorable” or “OTH” discharge. An OTH is the worst administrative discharge available. It results in a severe loss of military service benefits and may cause hardships in post-service civilian life.

First, a service member with an OTH will likely be barred from future enlistment in the armed forces.

Second, a service member with an OTH discharge is not guaranteed VA medical benefits. Additionally, an OTH may impact a service member’s employment opportunities even among civilian employers.

Bad conduct discharge

A bad conduct discharge, or “BCD,” can only be imposed by either a special or general court-martial. A BCD will be assigned as a punitive discharge for a very serious offense. Only enlisted service members are able to receive a Bad Conduct Discharge.

This type of discharge forfeits all VA and post-military veterans’ benefits. Even civilian employers will likely look unfavorably on a job candidate with this discharge.

A bad conduct discharge bans a service member from future enlistment. Depending on the service member’s court-martial conviction, a BCD may also prevent a service member from owning a firearm in as a civilian after separation.

Dishonorable discharge

A dishonorable discharge, or “DD,” is the worst military discharge available. Only a general court-martial can award this discharge and only if the Manual for Courts-Martial authorizes it following conviction of an offense. In many dishonorable discharge cases, a DD is accompanied by a prison sentence.

Federal law prohibits service members with a dishonorable discharge from owning a firearm. In many jurisdictions, a service member who receives this discharge loses the right to vote. Ultimately, a dishonorable discharge generally prohibits a service member from receiving any type of governmental assistance.

Uncharacterized

When you are separated at entry-level status you are assigned an uncharacterized discharge. Generally, entry-level is the period of the first 180 days of military service. An uncharacterized discharge is not negative. However, it will not permit access to veterans’ benefits.

Last edited:
If anyone is undecided as to whether a war is coming or not, you better get right pretty quick, we don’t know when it will kick off, but it will kick off. I really feel for the younger folks that’re still good people, who are stuck with these decisions before they’ve even had a family yet or just a safe, long and old school American life that they should be enjoying. History will be made within the next 5 yrs, good or bad, it all changes now.

If anyone is undecided as to whether a war is coming or not, you better get right pretty quick, we don’t know when it will kick off, but it will kick off. I really feel for the younger folks that’re still good people, who are stuck with these decisions before they’ve even had a family yet or just a safe, long and old school American life that they should be enjoying. History will be made within the next 5 yrs, good or bad, it all changes now.

ZomboMeme 25092021202424.jpg

Love that he is struggling with this! Shows your parenting skills made a difference. He should get the shot and not forget his "Woke" leaders' missteps. If he leaves the military, under these circumstances, they win. I'm proud of your boy!

Does he have the option of going for the J&J? So far it seems to be the better of the 3 and only 1 shot with no talk of boosters at present.
The J&J is still out there. Why can't he on his off time simply get it like a civilian even if he has to pay for it and then present his vax card to his CO and see what happens?

I'm extremely curious how much choice individual commanders have in terms of what kind of discharge soldiers get.

Your son would have gotten an OTH, but I'm wondering whether his status as an 18 series would rate a "tougher" administrative discharge than a soldier in a less deployable unit. I would have expected a general discharge under most circumstances; any soldier on his/her second hitch could eat one of those and feel very little pain, provided they've got an Honorable from their first enlistment.

Well. Good luck to your son. I think he made the right call, under the circumstances, but obviously YMMV.

What his son has is a very poor understanding of military admin discharges. The person he is speaking with probably does as well. There is a 95% chance he would receive a general discharge and is considering that as less than an honorable discharge. It is. It is highly doubtful that any of this would go to the level of an OTH. All those higher level discharges generally get thrown around as a scare tactic or by inexperienced people who don't know how this stuff works.

Because all of those shots allegedly had years of research, testing and a fairly harmless showing of long term ill effects.

This vax is less than one year old, zero proven long term effects, good or bad, and numerous, hundreds if not thousands of fatalities directly related to it. I’m not anti-vax, this is a decision that each individual should be allowed to make, with zero repercussions to those that refuse it, and that basic human right to decide has been taken away by our overlords who quite simply want to control every aspect of our daily lives.

That to me is the highest crime and the direct relation of the vax question itself.

Again, and as mentioned in many other threads. This does not matter and has never mattered to DOD-at all. You know this. It has absolutely no bearing on the current situation which is distilled into following a legal/moral/ethical and lawful order.

The J&J is still out there. Why can't he on his off time simply get it like a civilian even if he has to pay for it and then present his vax card to his CO and see what happens?

The military can receive any of the current free EUA vaccines and check the block here. That is clearly layed out in the individual service directives.

What his son has is a very poor understanding of military admin discharges. The person he is speaking with probably does as well. There is a 95% chance he would receive a general discharge and is considering that as less than an honorable discharge. It is. It is highly doubtful that any of this would go to the level of an OTH. All those higher level discharges generally get thrown around as a scare tactic or by inexperienced people who don't know how this stuff works.
You’re saying a Retention NCO might be lying?

…say it ain’t so…

Again, and as mentioned in many other threads. This does not matter and has never mattered to DOD-at all. You know this. It has absolutely no bearing on the current situation which is distilled into following a legal/moral/ethical and lawful order.
You’re right it doesn’t matter to them, and it didn’t matter to us back in the day, because we still trusted them for the most part anyway. I think more to the point my post or my feelings on it are directly related to today’s state of outright blatant corruption and incompetence in every aspect of our gov and we’ve now seen that bleed over into military leadership with all the woke commie bs and a 100% failure of anybody in a leadership role to take an ounce of responsibility anymore.

I’m not so sure the cdc of old would’ve pushed this vax through outside of the emergency authorization as fast as they did if it wasn’t due to direct pressure from the Biden admin demanding complete compliance in anything they say. It’s all of these things that we are seeing every day that are making peoples heads spin and causing them to stop and have some serious questions about it and why it’s being pushed so hard.

I may be going too far too quick down that hole, but when you get CDC also pushed into and backing gun control conversations and every retard Dem demanding we disarm and fall in line, it’s hard to trust a single thing that they do or say anymore from any letter agency and this is going to be a big problem for them, as evidenced by our troops now questioning a simple order to fall in or fall out. They no longer trust the leadership to do the right thing.

That’s my hazy need more coffee look at the moment.

My son would have gotten a " less than honorable discharge"
He will reluctantly get the shot cause he loves his country, but hates the government right now
Good.

Tell him to run with that sentiment.

When he gets out, he can join the rest of us that wouldn’t trade their service for anything, but loathe DC and anyone that pretends to know what America ‘needs’ from politicians.

f*** Biden.

Love that he is struggling with this! Shows your parenting skills made a difference. He should get the shot and not forget his "Woke" leaders' missteps. If he leaves the military, under these circumstances, they win. I'm proud of your boy!
absolutlely. We need men like his son in these positions who follow orders, but not blindly. this isn’t about the Vax, it’s about weeding out those who won’t blindly follow orders. Get rid of men like that, and disarm the populace, and you can use the military to start confiscating internal combustion engines and meat, because global warming. Yes, I know it sounds crazy, but so does forcing a vax on people who can still give and get a virus that has a 99.7% survival rate. I‘m not pro or anti vax, I just find it curious the push for it given the survival rate, especially for military members who are young and healthy. We’re told how courageous Milley was in defying his commander’s authority in order to allegedly stop a nuclear war (which is insane bullsh*t), but a service man or woman is drummed out for not getting the jab?

My son and I had an argument about this yesterday.
He is in the medical field, was a flight paramedic for 13 years and now a year away from getting his degree as a Physicians Assistant. He has also never served in the Military.
He kept arguing about how safe the vaccine is,
and refuses to understand a persons right not to get the shot.
I kept trying to explain that this isn’t about losing a job, but about getting a Dishonorable Discharge!
Needless to say, I was pretty disappointed by his lack of understanding what the stigma of a DD is!
I'd be pretty proud to have a son like yours...

If it was my kid, I would advise him to get the shot, finish his enlistment and GTFO. The shot isn’t going to hurt him. There will be no long term side effects. The shot is only in your system for like 2 weeks anyway. It’s not like taking a pill every day for years.

Anyway, the army will drop him like a hot potato. He has no leverage here.

Jesus f***ing Christ. This is the beers talking. .. but they are saying what I usually want to say.

We have an entire group of people here that have watched the government f*** us at every single turn, and f***ing rationalize the shit out of it. Stand for something. Be ready to sacrifice. These motherf***ers are HABITUAL line steppers.

Screenshot_20210926-163522_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Jesus f***ing Christ. This is the beers talking. .. but they are saying what I usually want to say.

We have an entire group of people here that have watched the government f*** us at every single turn, and f***ing rationalize the shit out of it. Stand for something. Be ready to sacrifice. These motherf***ers are HABITUAL line steppers.

View attachment 526920
Sure. But.

OP’s son already said he was fine with the .gov ordering him into a parachute harness and telling him to jump out on a dark night into a hot DZ where he’s got no hope of resupply for the foreseeable future, a future in which he’ll need to penetrate enemy lines to recruit and lead a (maybe) friendly indigenous force on a suicide mission against its own hostile government.

OP’s son didn’t simply volunteer for all that: he pushed for it. Sought it. Trained for it.

He‘s already accepted that the government can do all those things to him, perhaps for no better reason than because some oil oligarch greased the wrong senator’s palm. Stacked against that, plus the dozen other shots they’ve already given him?

To a green beret, the line is already pre-stepped. The stepped line is the default setting. I’d say the same thing about any soldier who volunteers for any kind of maneuver service, especially in an airborne unit: the .gov already controls everything about you. Yet another vax seems like a pretty arbitrary line to draw, in context.

Sure. But.

OP’s son already said he was fine with the .gov ordering him into a parachute harness and telling him to jump out on a dark night into a hot DZ where he’s got no hope of resupply for the foreseeable future, a future in which he’ll need to penetrate enemy lines to recruit and lead a (maybe) friendly indigenous force on a suicide mission against its own hostile government.

OP’s son didn’t simply volunteer for all that: he pushed for it. Sought it. Trained for it.

He‘s already accepted that the government can do all those things to him, perhaps for no better reason than because some oil oligarch greased the wrong senator’s palm. Stacked against that, plus the dozen other shots they’ve already given him?

To a green beret, the line is already pre-stepped. The stepped line is the default setting. I’d say the same thing about any soldier who volunteers for any kind of maneuver service, especially in an airborne unit: the .gov already controls everything about you. Yet another vax seems like a pretty arbitrary line to draw, in context.

And we all take risks daily that are significantly worse than COVID, but they are our choices in the end. We've been putting it up for decades. Call it. Heads or Tails.

They found his pressure point

And we all take risks daily that are significantly worse than COVID, but they are our choices in the end. We've been putting it up for decades. Call it. Heads or Tails.

They found his pressure point
That’s my point exactly: he’s not “we all.” We have choices. A soldier doesn’t, because he has sworn to follow lawful orders.

Whether you agree or not, this one’s lawful too.

That’s my point exactly: he’s not “we all.” We have choices. A soldier doesn’t, because he has sworn to follow lawful orders.

Whether you agree or not, this one’s lawful too.
I have no idea what the shots were they gave me in basic. Some dude in front of me asked and was told “STFU, private!”

Didn’t they already push this BS to the limits with troops that refused to take the anthrax pill ?
It’s not a decision taken lightly. But a threat of a dishonorable or less than honorable discharge is a bit of a BS charge.

Honestly. If his career is important to him. I'd just get it. He has allready given much more in volunteering to serve. He will likely regret getting booted for this. I know it sucks. It's not worth it over this. The vaccine has been proven to be very safe and it does have some effectiveness. He has literally signed up for about the most dangerous job an American can sign up for. This is nothing

Who said I didn't say it wasn't lawful? I said start telling people to f*** right off. Lawful has never equated right.

…but you’re ignoring what I’m saying.

He’s a soldier. His oath of enlistment binds him to follow lawful orders. This is a lawful order.

So what, exactly, gives him the right to tell anyone (presumably his superiors) to “f*** right off?”

…but you’re ignoring what I’m saying.

He’s a soldier. His oath of enlistment binds him to follow lawful orders. This is a lawful order.

So what, exactly, gives him the right to tell anyone (presumably his superiors) to “f*** right off?”

Because he can choose to get discharged? He will land on his feet, and when MORE guys do this, there will be such a backlash that they will have to confront it and change their discharge. None of this will change if they can pick off one or two of us at a time

Back
Top Bottom