Get the shot or get discharged

Because he can choose to get discharged? He will land on his feet, and when MORE guys do this, there will be such a backlash that they will have to confront it and change their discharge. None of this will change if they can pick off one or two of us at a time
I still don’t think I understand what you’re saying.

ETA: It sounds like mutiny, which is an easy thing for you to advocate on a gun forum. Harder for the men involved.

But it’s moot anyway. This isn’t your choice, it’s the OP’s son’s. And he already made it.

I still don’t think I understand what you’re saying.

But it’s moot anyway. This isn’t your choice, it’s the OP’s son’s. And he already made it.

I know he did. That's fine. Like I said. They found his pressure point.

Im going to get separated over this next month.

f*** them. Its about principles at this point and i will stand on mine. I dont need the military nor do i need the benefits.

I dont care, now i will use my free time to teach civilians everything the military taught me so they can apply it to tyrants.

De Oppresso Liber

Im going to get separated over this next month.

f*** them. Its about principles at this point and i will stand on mine. I dont need the military nor do i need the benefits.

I dont care, now i will use my free time to teach civilians everything the military taught me so they can apply it to tyrants.

De Oppresso Liber

That's the f***ing Chad move I'm talking about. I've done it. Snacks has done it. f*** them all.

That’s my point exactly: he’s not “we all.” We have choices. A soldier doesn’t, because he has sworn to follow lawful orders.

Whether you agree or not, this one’s lawful too.

I told my leadership to f*** right off but hey thats just me.

And f*** lawful orders too, that excuse is no different than the fat f***ing cops saying "its my job"

"just followin (lawful) orders bro..."

Get f***ing stacked.

And f*** lawful orders too, that excuse is no different than the fat f***ing cops saying "its my job"

Get f***ing stacked.
I respect your decision, but I think you guys are making more of this than it is. I hope I am right because I got the vaccine of my own choice. I can’t see this as a big enough deal to ruin your career over, but it’s your choice

I respect your decision, but I think you guys are making more of this than it is. I hope I am right because I got the vaccine of my own choice. I can’t see this as a big enough deal to ruin your career over, but it’s your choice

Are you ok with them f***ing over hundreds of thousands of people (Non Mil) who just want a degree of autonomy?

Get f***ing stacked.

Fine; I've got no problem with your choice, provided you don't bitch about what happens as a result. I doubt you will.

Are you ok with them f***ing over hundreds of thousands of people (Non Mil) who just want a degree of autonomy?

If they "want a degree of autonomy," they should probably not have joined the army. Autonomy about vaccinations has NEVER been something the army has allowed, more to the point.

Fine; I've got no problem with your choice, provided you don't bitch about what happens as a result. I doubt you will.

If they "want a degree of autonomy," they should probably not have joined the army. Autonomy about vaccinations has NEVER been something the army has allowed, more to the point.

Not at all. However, people in .mil have signed away their rights.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 You always have a choice. Always.

Hahaha i cant believe you guys are actually simping for this. When they say you cant register your vehicle or insure your home because you're unvaccinated maybe you'll reach down into your cheeto dust covered sweatpants and find your pathetic excuse for balls and snap some rubber bands on em and come get some with the rest of us. Till then i guess....

Hahaha i cant believe you guys are actually simping for this. When they say you cant register your vehicle or insure your home because you're unvaccinated maybe you'll reach down into your cheeto dust covered sweatpants and find your pathetic excuse for balls and snap some rubber bands on em and come get some with the rest of us. Till then i guess....

Lol.

My apples taste better than your oranges. Not even in the same galaxy. But, again, I respect your choice provided you take what's coming as a result.

It's 100% coming.

I'm extremely curious how much choice individual commanders have in terms of what kind of discharge soldiers get.

Your son would have gotten an OTH, but I'm wondering whether his status as an 18 series would rate a "tougher" administrative discharge than a soldier in a less deployable unit. I would have expected a general discharge under most circumstances; any soldier on his/her second hitch could eat one of those and feel very little pain, provided they've got an Honorable from their first enlistment.

Well. Good luck to your son. I think he made the right call, under the circumstances, but obviously YMMV.
Maybe I misunderstood but, I thought this was a direct order from the commander in chief. You know, "OH, Shit"......How High.

Maybe I misunderstood but, I thought this was a direct order from the commander in chief. You know, "OH, Shit"......How High.

It doesn't matter who the order comes from. Disobeying it is UCMJ. Article 92 doesn't differentiate about the grade of the person issuing the order: if they're lawfully appointed over you, and you disobey, you're up a creek.

There's nothing special about a directive given by the president, and even if there was, it would get filtered down and repeated through the levels. You'd be disobeying everyone in the chain, but that's not multiple separate charges.

Ive accepted and am comfortable with whats coming. It'd be nice to have people stand with me though instead of people who just yell $*ck biden and watch tucker carlson every night.

Have they told you yet whether it's likely to be General or OTH? I'm curious, if you don't mind my asking.

Have they told you yet whether it's likely to be General or OTH? I'm curious, if you don't mind my asking.

Ive heard we're going to be med separated. My contract expires in feb anyways and i was seriously on the fence, this plus afghanistan was the final straw. I have no allegiance to this government or to most of the people in this country anymore. I literally have more in common with the Taliban, sad but true. I cant in good conscience serve a nation who's (legal) leadership gives billions of dollars of small arms to the shitheads we've been fighting for 20 years while simultaneously saying civilians cant own an AR15. And the American people to be frank quite literally f***ing disgust me for letting themselves get pushed this far without smashing these disgusting vermin in the elitist class.

Yes, but it is quite clear that some people are way out over their head when it comes to military topics. It is cute, but pretty cringeworthy.
Yeah they were going to join BUT.. (insert bullshit reasoning here).

It’s always the people who never served who claim the military should do X Y Z because it sounds better to a civilian.

Yeah they were going to join BUT.. (insert bullshit reasoning here).

It’s always the people who never served who claim the military should do X Y Z because it sounds better to a civilian.
So when the military starts rounding up 'domestic terrorists', will I be allowed to disagree with that as a civilian, or will only the military get a say?

Back
Top Bottom